New skills and elites

New skills and elites

in Ranger

Posted by: Yuudai.5268

Yuudai.5268

Wondering what you all think of our Elites? I personally think they are all pretty kittenty, the only one I use is ramp as one..
What would you change to elites/racial as well

And what normal abilities do you never use, and what would you add/change to them?

New skills and elites

in Ranger

Posted by: Wanderer.5471

Wanderer.5471

entangle can be amazing too in group fights.

New skills and elites

in Ranger

Posted by: Hryssar.5029

Hryssar.5029

Can agree on that. entangle does a lot of damage. even single target. And most people usually don’t attack the roots as they would keep using a ranged weapon or something.
Actually better one on one than rampage as one. Which I only find decent when I have my drake out, group of guys. and the chain lightning attack he has brings me to 25 stacks of might. essentially double damage. crits being about four times damage, so very nice.

entangle on a group when your a condition build is even better. Since you would also have traps going off for condition. plus weapon. apply 25 stacks of all the dots!
at that point, your basically a pure burst. after entangle is used, your damage drops a ton.

New skills and elites

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

yeah, condi ranger with entagle is simply amazing!

i think i had over 17k bleeding in just 9 seconds (i had some strength trait bonus). Not to mention RAO when you got tonns of Nature Magic traits + Runes = upwards of 60% increased buff time (34 sec)

Spirit of Nature is well, meh… and Norn racials is totally useless. Become the Snow Leo can be good if you wanna GTFO of a big crowd (stealth + 2x rush/leap attacks to gain lots of distance)

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

New skills and elites

in Ranger

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Entangle is quite nice now. Scales with stats and has a pretty large aoe zone. I use Entangle almost exclusively for those “o crap” moments.

RaO isn’t bad, straight damage boost for me since I only really PvE. I can see the stability being more useful in PvP. I use it underwater all the time of course.

Elite Spirit is clunky and undependable. He never comes out to play.

As a Ranger I’ll sometimes bring out my Sylvari hound elite. Gives me a small army with Hyena F2.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

New skills and elites

in Ranger

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

I just think that RaO should have tad shorter cooldown. Like 90 or 100seconds.
We know that in many matters ranger is kinda squishy and all these small things should be fixed.

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

New skills and elites

in Ranger

Posted by: Yuudai.5268

Yuudai.5268

I just wish that when the Norn did the animal forms, we kept our pet, and that it didn’t take like 10s for us to change..And we take damage while chaning

New skills and elites

in Ranger

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

As a long-time ranger, I actually like all of the elites, since they all have their useful moments. “Entangle” CAN disable npcs for a long period of time, “Rampage as One” is useful for long-term stability, and “Spirit of Nature” is good for on-the-spot ressing of allies, and aoe healing.

Ranger utilities, on the other hand, need a ton of work. Spirits are unusable, shouts are lackluster, and traps kinda suck too. Basically 12/20 utilities are horrible, and the other 8 are situational. The only ranger utility that is a MUST is quickening zephyr, which is both great for burst dps, and speed ressing allies.

Keep in mind these opinions are from a PvE standpoint, since I don’t PvP or WvW often. I’ve just found that in terms of utility, other classes are more useful than rangers most of the time.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest