New to Ranger ?

New to Ranger ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Falados.7165

Falados.7165

Yet hit 80 and starting LB2 storyline and yet wondering what gear should i be using and setup (also rotation) for someone who has carpal tunnel syndrome ?

New to Ranger ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Pretty difficult to answer your question if you do not let us know how you like to play Ranger. Ranger is versatile, in that, you can play as Power Melee & Ranged, Condi Melee & Ranged, Healer or a hybrid of any of them and for Solo PvE any of them will work perfectly well, except perhaps the pure healing builds.

If you have carpal tunnel syndrome, I’d suggest going with Power (Berzerker) LB/GS initially since those weapons do not generally have a rotation. The skills are used situationally, positioning is more important than pressing buttons in the right sequence. For GS, the only rotation is using Maul on cooldown (after the 3rd auto attack gives you evade) and make sure you use it before Hilt Bash so you instantly recharge Maul.

New to Ranger ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Well, I too suffer from CTS, and I can vouch for GS/LB Power build, the rotation for these weapons is very situational, but in general for your LB you will be using Rapid Fire > Knock back and your GS Maul > Hilt smash > Maul. Also, if your CTS is like mine, it effects your reaction time, so, you may want a bit of toughness, to back up that power, so you have more of a chance to react vs. going full glass and being shattered.

There is a very helpful Forum thread, “Ranger Questions, Ask Here!!!” on the Ranger forums, be sure to check it out. You can go with full Berserkers gear, then swap out some for Cavaliers to get a bit of toughness to give you more time to react.

Best of luck!

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

New to Ranger ?

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

If you happen to enjoy being a healer more than a damage dealer our healing build rotation doesn’t involve too many button presses either.

TLDR: if you have CTS you should be fine playing every non condi ranger build

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna