New to ranger, need help in WvW.

in Ranger

Posted by: Vortok.6975

Vortok.6975

Hello, i choose to play a ranger because its a challenge to make it worth it in wvw. I need some help with my build btw runes in weapons can be anything at this point.

I can reach almost all my sweet spots like 2k power, 51% critical chance and 850 condition damage.
The build atm is very viable, i just need to stay away from direct damage.
The problem is i understand now that with a ’’cleansing’’ build i need more toughness than vitality, so do you guys have some advices about what i should do now? Thanks in advance.

in Ranger

Posted by: Oak da Vite.9054

Oak da Vite.9054

Did you try rabid armor and power runes (like scolar) to get the stats you want with more toughness instead of vitality?

Something like this?
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQRAnY8fjUqUzaLLGsQ1aABhabAMv9qB3NxP81nsgrsC-TVBXwAA2fgnSQjq/ES/ABlfAA-w

I also changed predator’s instinct to spotter as cripple is already done by sword#1 and dagger#5 and changed swiftness on weapon swap to protection on dodge.

Da Vite – Miller’s Sound
Last Phoenix [Nix]

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Going 5 into MS is not at all worth it. Remove 1 point from there and point it into Skirmishing for Sharpened Edges, or in Oak’s version put it into WS for offhand training.

Getting 1 guarenteed crit when you start a fight will make abosolutely no difference, but getting bleeds on crit or offhand training will add so much to the build.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold