New update

New update

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Path of Scars: This ability’s damage has been normalized between traited and non-traited versions. Damage has been increased by 85% when not traited.
WoW,just wow….Add some more builds in the table.I feel im gonna cry (of joy)

New update

in Ranger

Posted by: Mrowqa.3861

Mrowqa.3861

It’s just me or Anet claimed for over a month that Eles need nerf and yet they got buffs ?

seems like a crap still abilities and things that actually need fixing are left behind.

This is bullkitten.

New update

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

The flame aura buff seems nice, combined with our two flame fields.

Just wondering what trait is the path of scars change talking about? It seems to be implying one trait directly increases its damage.

New update

in Ranger

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Guard: Pets will no longer guard areas that should be inaccessible to them.

So… what can “Guard” shout do now? Some people used to find it useful for ambushing invaders up on a tower/keep, now it has the number of uses that’s close to none.

New update

in Ranger

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

Yeah, I have a Greatsword/Sword/Torch/Frost Trap/Drake build that has an aura up most of the time (even frost and flame simultaneously)… so aura buffs are very cool, especially one that will grant Might to me, which will transfar to pet. And some of our pets can make their own auras.

Off-hand training affects the range of Path of Scars… perhaps that is the trait they are referring to.

New update

in Ranger

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

It’s just me or Anet claimed for over a month that Eles need nerf and yet they got buffs ?

seems like a crap still abilities and things that actually need fixing are left behind.

This is bullkitten.

Ele took a slight(very slight) nerf to EA(which already was previously nerfed) and to RTL; aside from that, they actually got some VERY nice buffs.

Ranger looks like it got kitten as usual(our patch notes section is what? 3 lines? lol)

New update

in Ranger

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Ranger patch notes in visual form can be found here, Ralph Wiggum plays ranger also.

All is vain.

New update

in Ranger

Posted by: Dina Van Heyr.3018

Dina Van Heyr.3018

exactly ranger got nothing, pet is still stupid and bugged, no updates for LB ..why I even expected something ..

New update

in Ranger

Posted by: Renowneddragoon.4536

Renowneddragoon.4536

Ranger looks like it got kitten as usual(our patch notes section is what? 3 lines? lol)

What did you expect the significant changes they promised lol

wvw ranks -http://mos.millenium.org/matchups
FA -Select Few [sF]

New update

in Ranger

misterdevious.6482

Guard has other uses before more people complain about it…

1. Guard grants 10 or more seconds of Protection to the pet, with 24 second traited cooldown this is very significant.
  2. Guard makes your pet more efficient by staying in one area instead of running back to you (especially useful if you are upstairs and it is down).
  3. Guard makes your pet more efficient because it chooses its own targets in a distant area without mobs having to aggro on you or you hitting them.
  4. Guard allows you to essentially ground-target F2 skills.
  5. Guard grants stealth to the pet, which can be used for a sneak attack of a long-activation f2 skill like Firebreathing.
  6. Guard allows you to grab mob aggro in two different places simultaneously.
  7. Guard can be used to save your pet’s life by dropping aggro (though this may not work with new stealth aggro rules.)
  8. Guard allows you to send an invisible pet to attack someone while you hide behind a building/ridge. Pet appears out of thin air with no ranger in sight.
  9. Guard allows you to attack targets at range 4000, especially useful for hitting siege equipment.
  10. Guard allows you to send a Reef Drake just enough into the water to use Sonic Barrier, which you can then use for Chaos Amor or Confusing Arrows on land.

I could go on…

New update

in Ranger

Dardamaniac.1295

guys seriously..When was the last time you saw 85% increase in any class in any skill?Stop qqing and lets find a new nice burst build with axe offhand

New update

in Ranger

Posted by: Stormleaf.1769

Stormleaf.1769

The Empathic Bond nerf definitely stings.

New update

in Ranger

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

don’t think devs understand the need of a ranger buff… At least traps weren’t nerfed, so that’s good but when you think of all the worthless traits rangers have you know anet doesn’t give a ****

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

New update

in Ranger

Posted by: Insane Pancakez.9182

Insane Pancakez.9182

What’s the point of playing my ranger anymore? So I can get beat out of parties by zerg warriors in dungeons? So I can get murdered by ele’s, thief’s, and mesmers that know how to play when I roam in WvW? No matter how good you are if they have any common sense, they destroy you. Where is my ranger buff at, kitten Stop toying with us and do something right. I mean hell, take my pet away, and buff me instead. Not like I care for it anymore anyway. Why not make it when we kill the mesmer clones, they lose 30% of their OP damage for a good 30 seconds? Nope. Rangers are a dying breed.

New update

in Ranger

Dardamaniac.1295

The Empathic Bond nerf definitely stings.

lets be honest…was op….all conditions disapear every 10 secs

New update

in Ranger

Posted by: Basara.3810

Basara.3810

I’m a moron for still having hope that someday rangers will be useful but nope…gotta satisfy them baby warriors.

New update

in Ranger

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

I really have nothing to say about this update (or lack of an update really) that is not a very rage filled rant (several different rants apply). So instead I’ll just summarize everything in this:

/sigh…. :*(

New update

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

“Hawk and Eagle now have their own unique icons instead of sharing one.”
Yay, rangers are finally OP! That icon fix was all we truly needed!

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

New update

in Ranger

Posted by: Samitan.6192

Samitan.6192

Devs seem to think; "hmm, got to fix something on the ranger now.
TIME TO PROCRASTINATE!

(edited by Samitan.6192)

New update

in Ranger

Posted by: Insane Pancakez.9182

Insane Pancakez.9182

FrouFrou.4958
“Hawk and Eagle now have their own unique icons instead of sharing one.”
Yay, rangers are finally OP! That icon fix was all we truly needed!

Rofl, I lol’d. So true.

New update

in Ranger

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

1. Guard grants 10 or more seconds of Protection to the pet, with 24 second traited cooldown this is very significant.
  2. Guard makes your pet more efficient by staying in one area instead of running back to you (especially useful if you are upstairs and it is down).
  3. Guard makes your pet more efficient because it chooses its own targets in a distant area without mobs having to aggro on you or you hitting them.
  5. Guard grants stealth to the pet, which can be used for a sneak attack of a long-activation f2 skill like Firebreathing.
  7. Guard can be used to save your pet’s life by dropping aggro (though this may not work with new stealth aggro rules.)
  8. Guard allows you to send an invisible pet to attack someone while you hide behind a building/ridge. Pet appears out of thin air with no ranger in sight.
  9. Guard allows you to attack targets at range 4000, especially useful for hitting siege equipment.
  10. Guard allows you to send a Reef Drake just enough into the water to use Sonic Barrier, which you can then use for Chaos Amor or Confusing Arrows on land.

I could go on…

It should be a pet F[number] command. NOT occupying 1/3 skill spots.

New update

in Ranger

Posted by: Silverkung.9127

Silverkung.9127

The flame aura buff seems nice, combined with our two flame fields.

Just wondering what trait is the path of scars change talking about? It seems to be implying one trait directly increases its damage.

+85%dmg with no traits and path of scars 100%Combo Finisher.
This patch little boost about off hand knife and axe ranger.

Big boost is necro all path traits necro can combo and skill more better useful+dmg.
Gardian fix a lot of skill powerful to make more balance and useful.
Thife just another boost healing style next day you will see rolling-healing thife all www lol.

New update

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

[list snipped]

Yeah. A lot of the complaints about not being able to stow your pet would also go away if guard were changed to a F# command. You could make it stay in a targeted spot while you went elsewhere to do other things.

New update

in Ranger

Posted by: Tadayoshi.2815

Tadayoshi.2815

[list snipped]

Yeah. A lot of the complaints about not being able to stow your pet would also go away if guard were changed to a F# command. You could make it stay in a targeted spot while you went elsewhere to do other things.

Exactly you shouldn’t have to loose one of your only → 3 <- Skills just to be able to use the pet. And worse even than the pet is just bad..

New update

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante.3754

Dante.3754

All I wanted was pet responsiveness ;-; I mean they could’ve just done a ghetto fix and buffed pet move speed and give their melee hits a larger range so they hit more often.

New update

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I could go on…

^ This. Whether Guard is useful or not, there are other skills that could, and often should, be taken instead.

All this did is put the final nail in the coffin for WvW rangers. Now we are just left to camping on siege since we no longer have anything the class can do that another can’t do better.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

New update

in Ranger

Posted by: Linkisdead.9647

Linkisdead.9647

That nice long list of things guard can do is all worthless in wvw.

I’m not giving up one of my precious slot skills to make the pet stand where he already is.

kittening awful patch, truely out of touch with the ranger class. That 85% buff is practically worthless, you go have fun attempting a power melee ranger in wvw.

You buff the three most played and powerful classes in the game, and nerf the universally hated on class. Brilliant plan.

Now we officially suck hard in group wvw. Guarding up the bats was our only real effictive or unique tactic for sieges. Now we can’t do anything but bunker down and play medic.

Do even a single one of you devs even routinely play the class outside of pve? Your pathetic attempt at balancing our class shows you are obviously unfamiliar with it.

Thanks again for completing kittenting on our class again. Devs most likely have more fun perma stalehting all kittening day long.

Sig
[sYn] Borlis Pass

New update

in Ranger

misterdevious.6482

STAY was originally the F2 command, but it was removed to make way for the ability to control a single pet skill which is something the majority of rangers a year ago were demanding. I argued that stay would be a very useful command and wouldn’t like to see it go… but they went with giving us control over a pet skill instead.

New update

in Ranger

Posted by: Robyn Yew.6072

Robyn Yew.6072

Viability of this Ranger update in WvW?

Guard: Pets will no longer guard areas that should be inaccessible to them.
***Well guess you rangers will need stand on ledge to do something useful now.
If you are using this utility you are wasting a slot. Ive used this numerous times and it is fun but you arn’t doing much if you use it.

Crippling Talon: Cooldown of this ability has been reduced from 18 seconds to 15 seconds.
***If you are soloing/roaming this would be useful, I don’t see it helping in group fights, but there are already better roamers than you (way better).

Empathic Bond: Fixed a bug that wouldn’t apply transferred conditions to pets. This trait now transfers three conditions to the ranger’s pet every 10 seconds rather than all of them.
*Rangers don’t need over powered stuff like this, good fix.

Hawk and Eagle now have their own unique icons instead of sharing one.
Now you don’t need to read the names to make sure. Overall thoughts? LMAO

Path of Scars: This ability’s damage has been normalized between traited and non-traited versions. Damage has been increased by 85% when not traited.
*Not very useful with main hand axe or sword, you will be to close to enemies while fighting and rangers are easy targets. 5 skill on offhand axe roots you in place if you are trying to block attacks, I would just use a greatsword for escapes and blocking(skills 3 and 4). I will be testing some builds to work around trying to make something happen? NOTE: These kinds of builds will be more for fun than useful though.

Icy Screech: The White Moa activated ability now applies 3 seconds of Chill, and the skill fact has been updated appropriately.
LOL, literally… I think the gw2 balance team should ask the League of Legends balance team for some advice, seriously.

}|{Rhbyn Yew}|{ Sylvari Ranger 80
born to Isle Of Janthir