Next update is on 12/14/2012

in Ranger

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

Berserker not doing the correct damage is known issue. We don’t know where this issue is coming from but I intend to solve it by the next build. 12/14/12

I know that seems a long time but it will be set back to viable. If you have good data on the damage it used to do to heavy target dummy vs what it does now that will help me track down the issue.

Thanks,

Jon

was posted here
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Phantasms-retested-after-12-3/919860/quote

so if you hoping to know when ranger MIGHT be fixed, well, next one is there.

don’t get your hopes up though because chances are it will be either another nerf, or a small buff. ranger as a whole probably wont be fixed for a long time if they are still nerfing parts of it.

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Can someone tell me when we’ve been nerfed? Because I’ve only seen buffs to ranger other then, you know, making shortbow not ridiculously OP.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

They are crying about the trap bug fix where people could lay down 2 sets of the same trap and have 4-6 traps down. So let me get this straight, berserker gear is broken? So in pvp my zerker ammy and jewel will be fixed and Ill now be a threat? If so, YESSSSS! If not, awwwww.

in Ranger

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

wasn’t actually refering to the trap fix. though the reason people pissed about that is cause they fixed that but not ranger…(seriously fix the main problem not a small bug)

was refering to just about every update ranger has had since launch…scratch that, since beta.

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

My bet is on traps being made usable underwater and Ink Blast gets a smoke field.

They are preparing us for the Ranger only attack on Bubbles.

Can someone tell me when we’ve been nerfed? Because I’ve only seen buffs to ranger other then, you know, making shortbow not ridiculously OP.

How exactly was shortbow ridiculously OP compared to weapons every other class has?

in Ranger

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

My bet is on traps being made usable underwater and Ink Blast gets a smoke field.

How exactly was shortbow ridiculously OP compared to weapons every other class has?

A no cd autoattack, which, combined with 6s of quickness (QZ + pet swap), did an absurd amount of dps (both direct and condition).

in Ranger

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2012-10-07#Ranger

• Crossfire: Increased casting time by 40 milliseconds. This was done to fix some glitches in the animation that caused problems with this skill.

No one that I ever saw complained about an animation bug with this skill. Everyone complains about the one-handed sword #1 skill yet nothing has been done about that.
They never explained what this animation bug was and what problem it was causing.
They did acknowledge that there was a DPS lose with this change but their % lose was about half of what the community calculated.
They also did not take into count the DPS lose while QZ was active which was about 25-35% less damage.

I continue to complain about this and will keep doing so till they revert it back or explain what the animation bug was and how it effected the Crossfire skill.

As for buffs, the only buffs given to us were for underwater fighting. I loved how one person made the comment on the forums that at some point the further a Ranger gets from water the more damage you will take. As long as you’re in water you will be fine. =)

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
» My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

in Ranger

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

No one is crying about it being an actual nerf

We’re annoyed because an obscure, annoying as hell to abuse bug got fixed before actual build-breaking bugs were.

edit I’m referencing the double trap thing, not the stealth-nerf-then-back-peddle-then-insult-us-and-our-playing-style-then-make-lots-of-promises-and-then-fail-to-deliver thing.

Moderator edit: removed CoC infraction

(edited by Moderator)

in Ranger

Posted by: Soba.3041

Soba.3041

Well if there are not some real fixes for Rangers on 12/14 then I’ll be moving on. It’s a fun game and I think we’ve been patient even though some have been immature in how they voice their displeasure. At the end of the day, a company either respects their customers or they don’t. I personally don’t waste time on those that don’t.

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Well if there are not some real fixes for Rangers on 12/14 then I’ll be moving on. It’s a fun game and I think we’ve been patient even though some have been immature in how they voice their displeasure. At the end of the day, a company either respects their customers or they don’t. I personally don’t waste time on those that don’t.

Im kinda with ya. I dont wanna go back to wow but they have the only game out with arena pvp atm and the hunter class which can actually be viable.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kroll.4253

Kroll.4253

Im kinda with ya. I dont wanna go back to wow but they have the only game out with arena pvp atm and the hunter class which can actually be viable.

Maybe try a warrior? Seems ranger is too complicated for you guys. I am one of the most powerful guys in PvP with my ranger. Can’t be killed 1 on 1. Can occasionally win 2 on 1s and with Spirit of Nature in group fights I can easily rez everyone as I am always the last one up. Yet, I still have solid DPS. Ranger is great in PvP and PvE. Not sure what you guys are missing out on. What do you mean by real fixes? The ranger owns. We gonna be so OP if they “fix” us.

As for the updates. Anet always responds in game. They come out with a major patch every month! Wish they were on top of it like this in GW1.

Would you mind posting your Ranger build to the forum. I’m sure a lot of us would love to know how you accomplished this. Thanks in advance.

Kroll (Ranger), Waltar Jih (Warrior)
Dissentient (DIS)
Tarnished Coast (TC)

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Maybe try a warrior? Seems ranger is too complicated for you guys. I am one of the most powerful guys in PvP with my ranger. Can’t be killed 1 on 1. Can occasionally win 2 on 1s and with Spirit of Nature in group fights I can easily rez everyone as I am always the last one up. Yet, I still have solid DPS. Ranger is great in PvP and PvE. Not sure what you guys are missing out on. What do you mean by real fixes? The ranger owns. We gonna be so OP if they “fix” us.

As for the updates. Anet always responds in game. They come out with a major patch every month! Wish they were on top of it like this in GW1.

I agree fully with this… however, i gotta say that compared to some of the other profs ranger is sort of lacking in stuff to do, that’s more from our utilities mostly being passive and boring… well i’ve started using traps because their more active, but i hate having traps… they’re dull… like all of our utilities… (Elites are awesome)

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

I agree fully with this… however, i gotta say that compared to some of the other profs ranger is sort of lacking in stuff to do, that’s more from our utilities mostly being passive and boring… well i’ve started using traps because their more active, but i hate having traps… they’re dull… like all of our utilities… (Elites are awesome)

Im not saying ranger is bad, just inferior. Ranger cant run glass cannon builds like every other class, theyr traits are either bugged or poorly done and dont have synergy, the weapons are weak and bugged, our archer abilities are lacking massively atleast with the longbow, our pets are too squishy and account for too much of our damage, and signets cd are too long and should affect us without needing to trait for it. Add faster arrow speeds and Im golden.

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

He is a casual player who thinks because he fights bads and beats them he is good. Sorry but ranger isnt great in pvp, troll on.

Depends on the build sparky. ANY class can be good or suck at PvP depending on the build and how you play them. I’ve seen guardians who have died at the hands of my ranger easily.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

He is a casual player who thinks because he fights bads and beats them he is good. Sorry but ranger isnt great in pvp, troll on.

Depends on the build sparky. ANY class can be good or suck at PvP depending on the build and how you play them. I’ve seen guardians who have died at the hands of my ranger easily.

Now try against a good guardian. Idc what you say, thousands of rangers arent making this up. Ranger has no viable build that some other class cant do better, our damage is so pet reliant that when it dies, we pretty much just have to die and respawn. Its not that I dont try my best to make ranger work, but when I go on another toon, put 50% less effort in, get 100% more results, it gets frustrating. I go on my guardian, or thief, or rifle warrior, or engineer all running glass cannons and I can kill faster, survive longer, and not get obstructed or have my dmage cut in half every time a aoe hits.

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

I’ve fought against a good guardian. Was a complete and total stalemate. I took down his HP by half, he healed it back up, he took down my HP by half, I dodged and kited to fill it back up. Kept going back and forth for 5 minutes, with neither side winning. It would have kept going had that thief not shown up.

[hS]

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

A no cd autoattack, which, combined with 6s of quickness (QZ + pet swap), did an absurd amount of dps (both direct and condition).

And yet still less then any other class could output in that time. You do know there are 7 other classes in this game right?

in Ranger

Posted by: ShinraGuardian.8053

ShinraGuardian.8053

1. Condition only applies if we hit you from the side or behind.

2. 0 cd auto attack!? No way! I didn’t know we were the only class that had one.

3. Warrior Rifle with Frenzy had pretty much the same effect that Ranger with shortbow had, although with slightly higher damage, a longer (unconditional) bleed and a slightly longer attackspeed. I don’t see how ranger shortbow is more OP than that.

Dragonbrand
Elementalist
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]

in Ranger

Posted by: Iggy.9482

Iggy.9482

I’ve fought against a good guardian. Was a complete and total stalemate. I took down his HP by half, he healed it back up, he took down my HP by half, I dodged and kited to fill it back up. Kept going back and forth for 5 minutes, with neither side winning. It would have kept going had that thief not shown up.

Quoting a story without any kind of backup or sharing of information isn’t going to benefit anyone. Not that I won’t take your word for it, but bragging about something would be really good if you could maybe share your build with the rest of us, if we are doing something wrong we are, but I really doubt that so very many people are getting the same results from our class because all of us are doing it wrong.

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

Quoting a story without any kind of backup or sharing of information isn’t going to benefit anyone. Not that I won’t take your word for it, but bragging about something would be really good if you could maybe share your build with the rest of us, if we are doing something wrong we are, but I really doubt that so very many people are getting the same results from our class because all of us are doing it wrong.

My build is a trap/tank build.

10/30/30/0/0

Weird that I could take off that much, I know. I was pretty surprised by it too.

[hS]

(edited by RyuDragnier.9476)

in Ranger

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

And yet still less then any other class could output in that time. You do know there are 7 other classes in this game right?

The dps isn’t limited to just 6 seconds. Even after the quickness wears off you’re still autoattacking. With some other classes, they use skills with cds for a big burst in damage. And they have to wait. We do not have that problem.

By the way, I’m basing this purely on personal experience. I consistently do 15k damage on crossfire + 5k on bleeds while sPvPing (dueling with a friend, mostly, and he shows me his death damage thingamajig). And this is purely from Crossfire. As in, I’m saving my CDs on 2, 3, 4, and 5 for use when the situation calls for it.

But if you can actually test and post videos/results of a cross-profession comparison of damage, I’d love to see that. Maybe grab several classes, gear them similarly and have them kill Golems in HotM and time it or something. I personally never done it myself. But would love to see the results of such a test!

1. Condition only applies if we hit you from the side or behind.

2. 0 cd auto attack!? No way! I didn’t know we were the only class that had one.

3. Warrior Rifle with Frenzy had pretty much the same effect that Ranger with shortbow had, although with slightly higher damage, a longer (unconditional) bleed and a slightly longer attackspeed. I don’t see how ranger shortbow is more OP than that.

1. Yes, but you’ll be surprised to see how big of a range is considered “flanking.” Besides, we have traits that causes bleed on crit, Earth Sigils, Sharpened Edges that also all causes bleed.

2. Woops. “0s cd autoattack” was probably redundant. I guess my point is it’s a skill you don’t have to wait on cooldown for. Same as Thief’s Heartseeker or Pistolwhip.

3. I’ll repeat, I never actually did tests to compare the damage on the two. It’ll be an interesting test to do, for sure. I would love it if someone did it and posted a vid of it!

(edited by Ursan.7846)

in Ranger

Posted by: Bastionhawk.7120

Bastionhawk.7120

It is kind of a Hive mentality isn’t it? It is nice to know that others are struggling just as you are so that you can not be blamed for a poor performance. Meanwhile, the horde of disgruntled rangers pounce on players like Ryu that don’t feel they are having as hard of a time with it. Because, after all, if he can play well and successfully as a “broken” class then that levies a strong case against everyone that complains about the classes overall quality. Maybe they are not as good as they thought they were. Must be tough on the ego and tiring to constantly defend it.

Aauryn | Sylvari Ranger
EJS I | Human Guardian
Tarnished Coast

in Ranger

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

Go to gw2guru and check the State of the Game video, Jonathan Sharp says the 12/14/2012 will bring a lot of balance updates. He also says it was a stupid move to have stated a date when the Ranger changes would be finished because shortly after a few programmer caught a flu which messed up their schedules.

in Ranger

Posted by: Agadar.4931

Agadar.4931

Go to gw2guru and check the State of the Game video, Jonathan Sharp says the 12/14/2012 will bring a lot of balance updates. He also says it was a stupid move to have stated a date when the Ranger changes would be finished because shortly after a few programmer caught a flu which messed up their schedules.

Can’t find anything about that in the transcription.

And even if they couldn’t help it, then we could at the very least have gotten a message from John. Not even an apology, just a simple heads-up.

But he didn’t. He did not say a word.

in Ranger

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

Wasn’t this patch ALSO supposed to be loaded with Ranger fixes? This would be like the 3rd time in a row they’ve failed to deliver on that “next time” crap.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Lol, I don’t even know what to say…
1. I play in tournaments (paids too).
2. Glass cannon: Try traiting entirely into precision and your pet. Use muddy terrain for immo when your pet is close and then use quickening zephyr. The immo + your pets kd + longbow knockback is enough time to shred through anyone. The extra healing power is also very nice too have.
3. Ranger is one of the best bunker in the game. Way more DPS than a guardian can dish out. Only weakness is burst warrior which can easily be dodges or stun broken.
4. Ranger is great PvP. Seriously, if you want me to fight anyone 1 on 1 I can show you. They are 1 of the best burst classes to help out, can attack from hills on foefire and from outside clocktower and still cover the home point easily when needed. If they are being pressured too much they can just send the pet to the midpoint to help out. If they get pressured they can switch pets. Also, the group heal of Spirit of Nature is too good. With double health that thing is too hard to kill.

I don’t know what else to say. I wish I could help you. Ranger is one of the most versatile classes. We got range, we got amazing melee. We got conditions for days. Traps are alright. (Spirits are actually goodish- its funny that in GW1 spirits sucked too). Our signets are decent too (except for the recharges). Not to mention the pet which destroys people.

in Ranger

Eurantien.4632

Wasn’t this patch ALSO supposed to be loaded with Ranger fixes? This would be like the 3rd time in a row they’ve failed to deliver on that “next time” crap.

The major patch is the 14th.

in Ranger

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

Well….
Not to undermine injecting a bit of positivity into the atmosphere of doom and gloom that seems to have settled over the forum. Because god is that ever needed.

But, while success stories are uplifting, educational and good for the meta; I’m not sure how I feel about using them as a larger indication of where Ranger stands. I know this kind of flies in the face of standard PvP conventions; but the larger concern seems less what the fantastically awesome players can do, and more making sure even average players can have an approachable and satisfying experience. And I just don’t think Ranger’s quite delivering in that department as well as it could be.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

in Ranger

Eurantien.4632

Well….
Not to undermine injecting a bit of positivity into the atmosphere of doom and gloom that seems to have settled over the forum. Because god is that ever needed.

But, while success stories are uplifting, educational and good for the meta; I’m not sure how I feel about using them as a larger indication of where Ranger stands. I know this kind of flies in the face of standard PvP conventions; but the larger concern seems less what the fantastically awesome players can do, and more making sure even average players can have an approachable and satisfying experience. And I just don’t think Ranger’s quite delivering in that department as well as it could be.

Ya I agree. Even in guild wars 1 the ranger was hard to use.

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

2. Glass cannon: Try traiting entirely into precision and your pet. Use muddy terrain for immo when your pet is close and then use quickening zephyr. The immo + your pets kd + longbow knockback is enough time to shred through anyone. The extra healing power is also very nice too have.
3. Ranger is one of the best bunker in the game. Way more DPS than a guardian can dish out. Only weakness is burst warrior which can easily be dodges or stun broken.
4. Ranger is great PvP. Seriously, if you want me to fight anyone 1 on 1 I can show you. They are 1 of the best burst classes to help out, can attack from hills on foefire and from outside clocktower and still cover the home point easily when needed. If they are being pressured too much they can just send the pet to the midpoint to help out. If they get pressured they can switch pets. Also, the group heal of Spirit of Nature is too good. With double health that thing is too hard to kill.

I don’t know what else to say. I wish I could help you. Ranger is one of the most versatile classes. We got range, we got amazing melee. We got conditions for days. Traps are alright. (Spirits are actually goodish- its funny that in GW1 spirits sucked too). Our signets are decent too (except for the recharges). Not to mention the pet which destroys people.

Who the hell wants to play a bunker? Especially as a ranger? Get real, we need viable builds, and I seen you in pvp today, wasnt impressed. After curb stomping you, you cant blame me

in Ranger

Eurantien.4632

Who the hell wants to play a bunker? Especially as a ranger? Get real, we need viable builds, and I seen you in pvp today, wasnt impressed. After curb stomping you, you cant blame me

Yeah of course you did! Lol. 5v5 builds don’t work well in 8v8.

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Either way Ive fought evasion tanks 1v1 and thats all they are built for, but as for being the best bunker, Ive had more trouble with both ele and guardian and necro bunkers.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Yeah of course you did! Lol. 5v5 builds don’t work well in 8v8.

lol QFT, i need to build entirely differently whenever i do sPvP vs tPvP because my guild doesn’t work when all my allies are made of glass and aren’t intelligent enough to get out of the fire…

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Either way Ive fought evasion tanks 1v1 and thats all they are built for, but as for being the best bunker, Ive had more trouble with both ele and guardian and necro bunkers.

Please, point out a ranger other than Euran that actually bunkers… oh wait, there are none because the rest of the ranger community is to busy crying about how we’re “broken” instead of learning to play!

Evasion tanks are pretty good for up to 3v1, granted 3v1 isn’t going to last to long if they can get a good stun (then again what bunker does?), i will say that eles are the most annoying bunkers because they have kitten for health but just regen so much of it constantly it just completely destroys you mentally because a lot of players think “Oh we can get em no problem look at how quick his health is dropping!” and then end up getting destroyed…

in Ranger

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

Nope sry the ranger is not “great” in pvp. I tried every possible setup with this class since is the class i like the most and i usually play. At the end i’ve perfectioned my bunker build and ye i feel almost op at times but really it doesn’t mean the class is great. I actually agree with Dante on this, ranger evasion bunkers (pretty much what my ranger is) are good 1v1 (or 1vn, n>1) and that’s all.

(edited by Fjandi.2516)

in Ranger

Posted by: Hadrians.4567

Hadrians.4567

So Bunker Ranger is the only Way to sucess?

I want to play with Bows but! my Arrows get 90% obstruced, missed or something else they dont land a hit on my Target!

Go to WvW and u will see how bad Bows are and Pets are useless

Maybe Bunker is a good choice for us and whats about the Rest?

in Ranger

Posted by: YumCHA.8706

YumCHA.8706

It’s interesting how Jon spends more time in the Mesmer section, rather than communicating with the Ranger community.

Not even an apology is considered.

But hey, that problem is in the past right? Not like anyone cares now.

Rangetastic, 80 Ranger | Archers United [ARC]
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by YumCHA.8706)

in Ranger

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

It’s interesting how Jon spends more time in the Mesmer section, rather than communicating with the Ranger community.

Not even an apology is considered.

But hey, that problem is in the past right? Not like anyone cares now.

I recall a time not too long ago when the phantasm mechanics were changed (nerfed) and the only post from Jon was … wait for it … in the Ranger forums regarding the lack of Ranger fixes.

So please don’t pull that card.

Thanks

(I have a Ranger (lvl80) and a Mesmer (lvl80) by the way)

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Ranger

Eurantien.4632

So Bunker Ranger is the only Way to sucess?

I want to play with Bows but! my Arrows get 90% obstruced, missed or something else they dont land a hit on my Target!

Go to WvW and u will see how bad Bows are and Pets are useless

Maybe Bunker is a good choice for us and whats about the Rest?

Yeah… when i see bows i think easy kills. Bows are weak.

in Ranger

Posted by: Stormi.3756

Stormi.3756

When the 12/14/12 hits i will be blowing dust off from my Gw2 disk… Hope the suprise is positive instead of negative like it was on the last patch…

in Ranger

Posted by: Haya jii san.1978

Haya jii san.1978

Did mention the “REROLL RANGER LULZ” viable option we still do have and got infracted.

It makes me sad we keep putting faith in us changing …

(edited by Haya jii san.1978)

in Ranger

Posted by: Aeri.5738

Aeri.5738

Volley is still not effected by Crack Shot trait. Tooltip says 8s cooldown, but actually its 10s.

TY. I’ll fix this tomorrow for the build on the 14th.

Jon

Out of the warrior forums xD

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2.” – Well, I guess you really failed, ANet!
Update 5.9.2013: getting better ANet, still way to go!
A Lannister always pays his debts – For everyone else, there’s Mastercard.

in Ranger

Posted by: VeralFixen.3142

VeralFixen.3142

look I’m not here to judge whether anet do the right thing or not,
but the way it looks, what they’ve been doing is tackling-the-‘easy’-stuff-first-and-leave-the-‘difficult’-part-later kind of mentality

the problem is, the rate of them creating new bugs are way faster than resolving it
at this rate, it will be a very a long time before they will start to address the ‘difficult’ things

i’m very familiar with software development process and i’m not sure if they actually have severity ratings for all these bugs
they really need to tackle all the severity 1 issues first before they start to bother about all these medium/low severity, cosmetic kind of problems

just don’t get your expectations high for the upcoming patch
ranger’s real issues will not be able to be addressed at least in 3 months time

anyway, as per my earlier posts, i’m not actually a ranger anymore. but i really have my sympathy for the rangers for the state they’re currently in

in Ranger

Posted by: obstinate giraffe.9276

obstinate giraffe.9276

Ranger is incredible in sPvP, I find. I run a survival/BM build (one that was actually posted up on these forums too) and it is perfect. I can hold points long enough for support with the amount of defence I have and I generally beat anyone 1v1 that I ever fight, from a glass cannon thief, to a tank of a guardian.

The problem with Ranger players is that they focus far too much on the bugs and negativity of the Ranger class, which is alright to a degree as it gets things done, but to go as far as to say Ranger is bad in PvP? No. If you think pets are ‘useless’, then you really haven’t been playing the class properly at all.

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

Obstinate, what’s the longest you’ve “held the line” at a defense point? I lasted half the match taking down multiple enemies with backup coming to save me from falling. Finally I fell…because the entire enemy team was on me.

[hS]

in Ranger

Posted by: Agadar.4931

Agadar.4931

Ranger is incredible in sPvP, I find. I run a survival/BM build (one that was actually posted up on these forums too) and it is perfect. I can hold points long enough for support with the amount of defence I have and I generally beat anyone 1v1 that I ever fight, from a glass cannon thief, to a tank of a guardian.

The problem with Ranger players is that they focus far too much on the bugs and negativity of the Ranger class, which is alright to a degree as it gets things done, but to go as far as to say Ranger is bad in PvP? No. If you think pets are ‘useless’, then you really haven’t been playing the class properly at all.

Oh look, it’s another one of those ‘I feel fine so my class is fine as well’ persons.

Protip: just because you think something is, does not make it so.

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

Well isn’t this the pot calling the kettle black? Take that own tip of yours to heart. Just because you think the class is bad doesn’t mean it is. Work with the cards you’re dealt with, don’t fold the hand at the beginning of the match!

[hS]

in Ranger

Posted by: Helequin.2608

Helequin.2608

Well isn’t this the pot calling the kettle black? Take that own tip of yours to heart. Just because you think the class is bad doesn’t mean it is. Work with the cards you’re dealt with, don’t fold the hand at the beginning of the match!

Come on guys. Anyone given any thought that the truth might be somewhere in the middle? From all I’ve observed, played and read I can get a few key points about the Ranger (who I main):

There are definite issues with the class, including bugs and build styles that are horrible compared to their couterparts from other classes. Then there are the traits and utilities (shouts, spirits) that are basically not worth considering, barring some very specific scenarios, and this contributes to the lack of builds.

However, there are definitely some effective Ranger builds floating around. These tend to be centred on survival, or require great attention to position in the battle.

The problem is not that the Ranger cannot be viable in (game type here), but that it has a severe lack in the ways that viability can be attained when building the character.

Opinions on the forum vary widly between what a ranger should be or what players want them to do, making this lack of variety seem even worse. And the ranger should be viable at range, in melee as a tank, damage or support under ANet’s game model.

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

That’s actually the stance I’ve been WANTING to take, but whenever I do I usually get bashed for saying there’s any good in the Ranger class. Some of those bugs show up often when you’re dungeon running, especially the obstruction bug. I’ve started keeping a greatsword on me in PvE just for when that happens, which sucks because I like being able to combine just longbow and shortbow skills.

It’s part of the reason why I’m hoping the next big update fixes the obstruction bug, possibly buffs the spirits a little, and a few other things.

[hS]

in Ranger

Posted by: Red Jay.2516

Red Jay.2516

I find it funny, how devs desperately avoid ranger forums ever since the November 15th fiasco. No RPFPs (red posts full of promises) for us anymore.