Next update is on 12/14/2012

in Ranger

Posted by: Helequin.2608

Helequin.2608

@Ryu: I do here you there. I always wanted to play ranger for the melee options, so the bugs really don’t hit me too much with my GS/Sword+horn set-up. But that’s largely PVE or sPVP, ranged becomes more necessary in Dungeouns and WvW. Hoping for fixes as well.

in Ranger

Posted by: neverborne.4736

neverborne.4736

I’ve got 8k WvW kills. I love playing my SB/LB ranger. But I’m painfully aware that I have to be 150% better than most everyone else to get anywhere near the same results. If pets received a damage reduction to AOE and an improved ability to hit moving targets, and our signet of the hunt was brought up to be on par with the thief, that would be the best Wintersday gift I could ever ask for.

I don’t mind “making due” playing arguably the weakest WvW class in the game, but a few tiny fixes could make us so much more enjoyable and make us at least slightly more on par with other classes…

in Ranger

Posted by: Moustached.4195

Moustached.4195

I think the point most players are trying to make isn’t to turn this into a “insert male organ here” -measuring contest, it’s to prove a point. I have no doubt that there are some AMAZING pvp players here who probably take a Ranger and curbstomp 2-3 less skilled players. We can surely all agree that skill is built like a pyramid, there are less spectacular players than their are decent ones, and more crappy ones (like myself) than the most. Nobody is saying that. However, I’d speculate that a lot of the spectacular pvpers in this thread (and I don’t doubt that some of you are really good, I’m sure it’s the case) could take a warrior or guardian, or maybe a mesmer even, and play even better. Maybe kill 5-6 players in that spread, or kill the two people twice as fast and suffer less damage. Nobody is trying to say that you suck for playing a Ranger.

I’m a big fan of statistical data and base probability on that. When I first played ranger and felt really underpowered, my initial reaction was “Wow, I think I just REALLY suck” and then I watched my brother, an equally skilled player, with his Warrior. Where I was struggling, dying, getting killed, he was just annihilating everything. Now, instead of throwing the book at game designers, who I genuinely believe know more than myself about class balance and game mechanics based on their experience in that field, I decided “Hey, maybe Ranger isn’t for me.” So I switched to Guardian, and found myself destroying everything, surviving all sorts of encounters, etc. Even still, I checked out the forums, and really, this is the one class section with TONS of complaints, and game designers flat out telling the players they are both underpowered and lack any real variety of play. There was some complaining amongst Necro’s and Ele’s, but not much. If 50% of the community thinks a class is broken, it’s probably just that they suck at playing (like me.) But when 95% of the community is constantly on the same page with this, I think at that point it’s a class balance issue.

Just my 2 cents.

in Ranger

Posted by: Puffer.4138

Puffer.4138

I am getting bored watching some people trying to proove that rangers have “some” problems, but other than that its our fault cause we did not learn the class good. Really?

Rangers are the worst class by far atm on pvp and wvw. In farm its pretty ok with axe and torch and sometimes SB, but thats it. I play ranger in all the games i play so far, and never had a problem to put out the best of them, even if some problems existed.

I have 4 chars all exotic, and i find the ranger the worst class by far atm. I play other classes and not only i am good at them, but i have fun also. I put 100% on my mesmer or my warrior and i destroy people. I play with ranger, giving my 150%, and i seriously luck effectiveness and fun.. Cause the class is simply broker. And watching some people trying to proove that is not like this i just laugh. Even the designers say that our class need considerable fixes. And i do not find it fun, to be a bunker for example, with all my survival skills on, cause i am a ranger, not a guardian. Not to mention that i try bunker set-up on my warrior and on my elementalist, and they are way more fun, way more effective and they do way more dmg than a bunker ranger does.

So why to play a class, that does absolutly everything worst than all the other classes, plus it needs considerable more efford to achieve that? Why do i have to bother to convince people that, hey the class is ok, learn to play it. I find that insulting to my mentality as also i find these people showing too much e-ego.

I have 12k killson wvw, got every possible exotic armour set and accesory on my ranger, as i try all the traits extensivly. And different runes like ranger, pack, lyssa, centaur etc.
And everything a ranger can do, other classes can do way more easy and effective.

Bottom line. Equal skill player on ranger and any other class, ranger loose. So why torment my self? Its a game, that i want to play on my free time and have FUN? Not get frastrated. And the reason why rangers rely so much in past on quickness, was that it was the only reliable burst we had to kill someone. We seriously luck burst. And to see people claiming that with long bow are pawning people it just making me laught. Imagine them to try rifle warrior, they will be gods then.

From 100% of my playing time with ranger, after the “animation” fix-nerf, i play him now 10% of my time, mostly ori gather and some random pve or pvp. After the nerfmi level up warrior, mesmer and ele. And i am having really fun with them.

And actually rifle warrior is not the best substitute for ranger, in my opinion GS Mesmer is. Amasing dmg, amasing mobility, a lot of conditions and amasing bursts. Also hide as bonus. So why play ranger? Also i never obstructed on mesmer as on warriors kill shot, i get obstructed way often.

After all this time i seriously dout that ranger will be really fixxed. And i feel so bad when i see all the work i make to have the multiple sets, skins, weapons etc got so much wasted. I get so frastrated when i see that character on my char loading screen that i think one day i will just deleted it to make a necro instead.

I hope they will do something, but i seriously dout it. They clearly do not care for this class. As their information and presence to this forum shows, as the luck of real actions to help our class.

(edited by Puffer.4138)

in Ranger

Posted by: Bohun Martell.8963

Bohun Martell.8963

I am getting bored watching some people trying to proove that rangers have “some” problems, but other than that its our fault cause we did not learn the class good. Really?

Rangers are the worst class by far atm on pvp and wvw. In farm its pretty ok with axe and torch and sometimes SB, but thats it. I play ranger in all the games i play so far, and never had a problem to put out the best of them, even if some problems existed.

I have 4 chars all exotic, and i find the ranger the worst class by far atm. I play other classes and not only i am good at them, but i have fun also. I put 100% on my mesmer or my warrior and i destroy people. I play with ranger, giving my 150%, and i seriously luck effectiveness and fun.. Cause the class is simply broker.

No. It’s becouse this class is not for You.
For example, I love necromancers. But I can’t play it effectively. I don’t know why, I just suck.
Happens.
I don’t have that problems with ranger. Of course, it was hard at the beginning. 100Blades was my nemesis. But I learned how to play ranger and now warriors are pet food. Of course, You can switch to thief and feel godmode after hour of training. It takes much more for Ranger. But this does not mean that Ranger is broken. Ranger is just harder to learn.

in Ranger

Posted by: Hadrians.4567

Hadrians.4567

@ Bohun

Not just harder to learn, all is harder, ranger is broken

Spirits die in seconds

Pets die in seconds

Arrows are 90% obstructed, missed or something else, they hit anything but not moving Players

Rangers dont have Burst Dmg! if u think we have, then play a Thief and u know what Burst Dmg is.

It isnt me that Rangers doesnt have Burst, its Anet and the Class, is it my fault that Arrows didnt hit? is it my fault that Pets dies in Seconds in Dungeons an WvW?

It is easy to say, yes! but if u say yes u didnt really know to play ur ranger

in Ranger

Bohun Martell.8963

@ Bohun

Spirits die in seconds

Pets die in seconds

Arrows are 90% obstructed, missed or something else, they hit anything but not moving Players

Rangers dont have Burst Dmg! if u think we have, then play a Thief and u know what Burst Dmg is.

It isnt me that Rangers doesnt have Burst, its Anet and the Class, is it my fault that Arrows didnt hit? is it my fault that Pets dies in Seconds in Dungeons an WvW?

Honestly, I don’t use spirits, so I don’t know.
But my pets don’t die in seconds, and if they do, I can swap them. No loss.
My arrows are 10% obstructed. Annoying, but I can live with that. And they miss when enemy is moving in evasive way, but if he is evading, he is not hurting me too.
I do play thief and I do play against thiefs. So I know I can dodge/evade his burst. He cannot dodge my constant damage.
So yes, Ranger does not have burst. Guardian does not have burst too. They both do have different strong points.

in Ranger

Posted by: Hadrians.4567

Hadrians.4567

Take a look @ those vids

Volume I: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPEbzNl_mDE&list=UL
Volume II: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poltQGmLu5M
Volume III: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iK-QnDSKys

after watching this, plz tell me that ur Arrows are only 10% obstruced, that is a lie!

I play a lot of WvW and i only play Ranger nothing else, and if my Targets move i dont hit, thats a fact.

They didnt evade, they just move…..

in Ranger

Posted by: Mortec.5684

Mortec.5684

Aw man, posting those just makes me sad..

in Ranger

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

They are crying about the trap bug fix where people could lay down 2 sets of the same trap and have 4-6 traps down. So let me get this straight, berserker gear is broken? So in pvp my zerker ammy and jewel will be fixed and Ill now be a threat? If so, YESSSSS! If not, awwwww.

The berserker he is talking about is the mesmer phantasm/clone iberseker. So sorry, he was not referring to your gear.

RIP in peace Robert

in Ranger

Bohun Martell.8963

Take a look @ those vids

Volume I: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPEbzNl_mDE&list=UL
Volume II: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poltQGmLu5M
Volume III: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iK-QnDSKys

after watching this, plz tell me that ur Arrows are only 10% obstruced, that is a lie!

This example is as representative as shooting golems in HoM.
So in this case I can have 0% obstructed.
In WvW and SPvP it’s around 10%.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

@ Bohun

Spirits die in seconds

Pets die in seconds

Honestly, I don’t use spirits, so I don’t know.
But my pets don’t die in seconds, and if they do, I can swap them. No loss.
My arrows are 10% obstructed. Annoying, but I can live with that. And they miss when enemy is moving in evasive way, but if he is evading, he is not hurting me too.
I do play thief and I do play against thiefs. So I know I can dodge/evade his burst. He cannot dodge my constant damage.
So yes, Ranger does not have burst. Guardian does not have burst too. They both do have different strong points.

Spirits are actually really strong pre traits, with traits they’re amazing, the problem I they require strategy and trickery to use In PvP, and being a player that’s good at bending people to my will (yes I have a Mesmer alt) I can often make them choose to kill my spirit over me, get immobed for 4 seconds and then die.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

Going by the numbers on these threads, no one ever loses a 1v1. Anyone who wants to make absolute claims about the class can post videos of a few matches, unedited, start to finish (and leave out the stupid music).

Kash
NSP

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Going by the numbers on these threads, no one ever loses a 1v1. Anyone who wants to make absolute claims about the class can post videos of a few matches, unedited, start to finish (and leave out the stupid music).

If you get me a power supply so I could put my graphics card in my comp I’d do it ASAP, until then you’ll have to wait! (Or just pvp with me or w/e next weekend, always wanted people to pvp with)

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Syko.3726

Syko.3726

Can someone tell me when we’ve been nerfed? Because I’ve only seen buffs to ranger other then, you know, making shortbow not ridiculously OP.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2012-10-07#Ranger

• Crossfire: Increased casting time by 40 milliseconds. This was done to fix some glitches in the animation that caused problems with this skill.

No one that I ever saw complained about an animation bug with this skill. Everyone complains about the one-handed sword #1 skill yet nothing has been done about that.
They never explained what this animation bug was and what problem it was causing.
They did acknowledge that there was a DPS lose with this change but their % lose was about half of what the community calculated.
They also did not take into count the DPS lose while QZ was active which was about 25-35% less damage.

I continue to complain about this and will keep doing so till they revert it back or explain what the animation bug was and how it effected the Crossfire skill.

As for buffs, the only buffs given to us were for underwater fighting. I loved how one person made the comment on the forums that at some point the further a Ranger gets from water the more damage you will take. As long as you’re in water you will be fine. =)

There was no animation bug. They dropped Shortbow 1 skill dps down because of bots abusing it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Puffer.4138

Puffer.4138

Thats what i am saying from the 1st day of the “fix” nerf. How to solve the bot problem? Nerf the class they use. Easy and cheap fix, but problem of bots was not solved apparently and ranger problem arise.

I still remember the “amasing” comment of Jon Peters, that rangers was abusing auto atk too much and that had to be reversed. Players or bots he meant? I guess we all know the answer

(edited by Puffer.4138)

in Ranger

Posted by: Avandor.5743

Avandor.5743

Bots have moved onto better and faster killing PvE classes, and ones that aren’t actually constantly nerfed…

80 Human Druid of Piken
Stomp for Píken [PS]

in Ranger

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

and theres the problem. when they move way from ranger and move to another class(aka warrior, the class that only ever gets buffs) Anet isnt going to nerf it because warrior is Anet’s favorite.

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

in Ranger

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

Go to gw2guru and check the State of the Game video, Jonathan Sharp says the 12/14/2012 will bring a lot of balance updates. He also says it was a stupid move to have stated a date when the Ranger changes would be finished because shortly after a few programmer caught a flu which messed up their schedules.

Can’t find anything about that in the transcription.

I watched the video and around 31:00 Johnathan makes mention of the topics DesertRose states; however, he does not specifically make mention of the Ranger profession or respective forums. He simply alludes, makes reference and explains these incidents.

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Don’t be silly. That would require them to provide some kind of proof that they can do what they claim and not rely on the opponent being a complete moron.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…