Nomad or Cleric?

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Posted by: Mouse.7382

Mouse.7382

Gonna test it out tomorrow—while Nomad (with appropriate runes/sigils)will be overkill on healing/tanking (due to tough + vit)—would like to see how much of a beating a druid could take before dying.

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

going to try out Zealot myself. Keeps as much offense while giving healing.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Posted by: Maximum Potato.5923

Maximum Potato.5923

I was thinking Nomad or Shaman myself. Shaman would be better for tanking conditions, although with Wilderness Survival+Druid, I don’t see that being much of an issue. We’ll see how things go I guess ^^

Who’s a good boy? Not you, since you aggro’d the BLOODY CHAMP-

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Posted by: BrotatoChipps.9158

BrotatoChipps.9158

I was hoping to use Zealot’s as well, but according to
Ascended stats for BWE3
we won’t be able to pick zealots for beta chars.

Northern Shiverpeaks
- Twisted Rune [tR]

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Posted by: Treetoptrickster.4205

Treetoptrickster.4205

Actually going for a mix of Cleric and Berserker. Still have over 1k Healing Power, so I think I’ll be k.

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Posted by: Nicknobreak.7543

Nicknobreak.7543

Full clerics armor, cleric rings, zealot trinkets and necklace, berserker back piece. That’s my armor plan for Druid.

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

Actually going for a mix of Cleric and Berserker. Still have over 1k Healing Power, so I think I’ll be k.

Unless you specifically want the toughness, look at Zealot its PPH

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Posted by: Mindgame.7852

Mindgame.7852

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I’m thinking apostates for a condi/healer with toughness?

Not sure how druid will play out minus staff healing. Guess we will find out.

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

nomad in wvw for full healbot. in pvp, likely it’s gonna have to be celestial with healing power runes. cleric stats will get us blown up because we don’t have enough on-demand prot.

I foresee celestial stats being extremely efficient on the druid because it will allow us to do damage, support and possibly win 1v1’s.

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Justine.6351

nomad in wvw for full healbot. in pvp, likely it’s gonna have to be celestial with healing power runes. cleric stats will get us blown up because we don’t have enough on-demand prot.

I foresee celestial stats being extremely efficient on the druid because it will allow us to do damage, support and possibly win 1v1’s.

Clerics is toughness.

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

Clerics is toughness.

I know it is, so is settler. both of these stats have been useless in spvp for a long time now. 3k armor doesn’t really do much when you only have 15.9k HP and bad protection uptime.

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

If we won’t need toughness – Zealot it is (we can be full ranged after all)
If we do – Cleric seems to be the answer (if we intend to play the staff).

That’s my 2 cents.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Nicknobreak.7543

Is Cleric armor an answer for WvW/PvE?

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

It’s hard to say just yet.
We might not need any healing power for druid whatsoever.

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Nicknobreak.7543

I’d be hard pressed to believe that. If it were true, I can hear the QQ already. Because imagine if you will, that our new healing abilities accomplish so much without HP, only to be buffed even FURTHER by healing power! We’d be unkillable if we bunkered down.

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Justine.6351

I’d be hard pressed to believe that. If it were true, I can hear the QQ already. Because imagine if you will, that our new healing abilities accomplish so much without HP, only to be buffed even FURTHER by healing power! We’d be unkillable if we bunkered down.

Isnt that the point of bunker? ;-)

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Going Zealot armor and weapons, and clerics jewels I’ll see what the backpack does thing I have a zerk one lying around, whcih is still infusable..

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Nicknobreak.7543

Touché but to such a ludicrous degree? Being able to run full zerker and remain at full health? Well then we’d pretty much be elementalists.

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

i’m starting off with full zerk first to see how much survivability Druid brings by itself, then testing out zealots.

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

You must be new here. It doesn’t work like that here.
If it’s any good we’ll receive a knee-jerk hot-fix saying:

The healing was too good on druid because it actually kept people alive. That being said, all healing without healing power will now require 1200 Healing Power to heal for the original 0 Healing Power amounts.
This should keep Druid in the same category as other healing-oriented builds of other classes. Don’t Worry, Rangers can pull through with this change. Confirmed by 3 years of practice.

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Nicknobreak.7543

Oh tragic. I like you. You would be a great politician.

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

I’m not sure. While I’d love to run full nomads and be effective, I might run clerics in the end… We’ll have to wait until tomorrow to know for sure :/

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Posted by: Triss.3801

Triss.3801

This is in reference to the Druid elite specialization gearing guide.

Once HoT launches in order to maximize your healing potential(sustain) without losing too much damage you will most likely need a combination of armor stats

Cleric’s: “Healing power”,Toughness and Power
Zealot’s: Power, Precision, “Healing Power”
Magi’s : “Healing power”, Precision and Vitality

Cleric trinkets will be the most rational choice since zealot’s ascended trinkets don’t exist in-game. Also since the base ranger health pool is substantially low you will need the vitality from magi’s stats in raids to not get “one-shotted” . Once traited in nature magic with instinctive reaction your damage potential should be slightly increased.

Please avoid going for PURE tanky set-ups like only Nomads and Sentinels Gear which don’t contribute to your player contribution and trait synergy what so ever. Your dps potential and suitability revolve around “Healing power” which is why you can forgo tertiary stats like ferocity which will be redundant once HoT hits.

Please also remember that you are not a Guardian with active boons support and damage mitigation!. You just heal… if you trait yourself to be a tank that you will always be sub-par to a Guardian in that regard.

I hope this enlightens some future Druids for the upcoming expansion. Please feel free to share your personal opinions about aforementioned post.

“If you hear my arrow whistle, it’s too late.”

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

This guy knows. Zealots is the Druid set for sure.

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Nicknobreak.7543

I agree with this but I wouldn’t say FULL zealots. I’d make a case for working in a bit of toughness too. Irenio full on declared that Berserker meta days are over so I interpret that as you need to work in some toughness. A dead healer is a useless healer. I don’t want to get ganked by players or 1-shotted by monsters either.

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I agree with this but I wouldn’t say FULL zealots. I’d make a case for working in a bit of toughness too. Irenio full on declared that Berserker meta days are over so I interpret that as you need to work in some toughness. A dead healer is a useless healer. I don’t want to get ganked by players or 1-shotted by monsters either.

It’s likely over in the sense that ultra casuals won’t be able to face roll everything the game has to offer in fullzerk but I highly suspect very skilled players will be able to nearly full zerk the HoT content.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Posted by: Vaelkyr.4786

Vaelkyr.4786

I’m probably going to run zealot weapons/armor with cleric trinkets. That’s if I choose to invest in a Druid gear set, which I’m still on the fence about.

As for vitality, you can always run that food that gives you vitality based on your toughness and +200 power below 50% hp, should you ever really get that low.

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Nicknobreak.7543

That’s probably very true, and it actually brings me a lot of hope. I think the days of seeing “full zerk or kick” are behind us. Now I think groups will be a bit more tolerant of what gear players use. Those highly skilled players with berserker armor will probably be able to squeak by, but others will surely have an easier time.

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

That’s probably very true, and it actually brings me a lot of hope. I think the days of seeing “full zerk or kick” are behind us. Now I think groups will be a bit more tolerant of what gear players use. Those highly skilled players with berserker armor will probably be able to squeak by, but others will surely have an easier time.

It depends.

As soon as folks figure out the HoT and Raid mechanics, the meta will slowly shift back to whatever the maximum dps option build is to both cut back on total time and to minimize the chances of mess up. The latter will be very important in Raids where reviving is not possible.

It’s the same in any other game. The only difference is that here we don’t need tanks or healers where as bringing 5-10 dps classes in WoW or FF14 = guaranteed failure.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Justine.6351

You can probably still run full glass type setups but with some focus on things like protection boon, blind, weakness, resilience/steady condi removal and such. I think it’s going to be a scenario where active defense (dodging, short evades) will keep you from one shot but all the “little minions” will be death by a thousand cuts that simply cannot be 100% evaded.

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

Its been a while since I’ve looked at healing tests/reports and was wondering if anyone could confirm how well healing power scaled for our heals? (i.e, Will it be worth it to stack it?) It was my understanding from all of the posts that I’ve read in the past, that healing power scaled ridiculously low compared to other stats and was seldom worth stacking, if ever.

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Nicknobreak.7543

Its been a while since I’ve looked at healing tests/reports and was wondering if anyone could confirm how well healing power scaled for our heals? (i.e, Will it be worth it to stack it?) It was my understanding from all of the posts that I’ve read in the past, that healing power scaled ridiculously low compared to other stats and was seldom worth stacking, if ever.

The way I see it, the minor advantage we may get from stacking a bit of healing power is well worth the trade-off of ferocity considering we’ll be able to heal that much better. This is just personal speculation. We’ll have to see tomorrow.

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Clerics is toughness.

I know it is, so is settler. both of these stats have been useless in spvp for a long time now. 3k armor doesn’t really do much when you only have 15.9k HP and bad protection uptime.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Protective_Ward

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

Clerics is toughness.

having it on cd for 11 seconds out of 15 isn’t exactly on-demand prot.

I used to run a cleric guard in raids back in the day. he had perma prot and multiple sources of on-demand stab. I played him well. but then they drastically upped everyone dmg output to resolve the stagnant bunker meta. now we have mesmers popping people for 11k+ with a good combo. for a cleric ranger without on-demand prot and stability, I don’t think it would end so well.

this is why I was suggesting that ranger becomes a high HP prof, so we can use these amulets. but this didn’t gain much support because i guess most players don’t understand how poorly low HP builds do in high mmr pvp.

try it and let me know. personally, I’m going straight for celestial amulet with healing power runes. in wvw, it will be easier to fiddle with the stats.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Clerics is toughness.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Companion%27s_Defense
On demand.

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

Clerics is toughness.

On demand.

omg, how is it on demand? you have to dodge roll, which is a big requirement. you need to not be cc’d and have endurance. when youre getting kittened on by a thief or Mesmer out of stealth for 10k+ on 3k armor, how will you react to that?

on-demand means you press a button and it appears on your bar instantly. eles have it, guards have it. thing is, without enough HP buffer, even on-demand prot wouldn’t cut it for us as I explained with the cleric guard example.

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Clerics is toughness.

On demand.

omg, how is it on demand? you have to dodge roll, which is a big requirement. you need to not be cc’d and have endurance. when youre getting kittened on by a thief or Mesmer out of stealth for 10k+ on 3k armor, how will you react to that?

on-demand means you press a button and it appears on your bar instantly. eles have it, guards have it. thing is, without enough HP buffer, even on-demand prot wouldn’t cut it for us as I explained with the cleric guard example.

I’m not even sure what the argument is about anymore. Rangers, and therefore by default, druids have both passive dmg reduction and re/active dmg reduction. We are not guardians, we are not elementalists.

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Healing Power is pretty useful in PvP.
The reason why it’s useless in PvE is that healing up was never your goal anyways. You came to PvE to get loot – and that you got through killing stuff, not through healing people.

In PvP – the more you stay alive on point – the closer you got to your goal. Objectives (points). If PvE inherits this system by any means – Healing Power becomes just as useful even without the “high scaling”.
If bosses are made of “world damaging system” just like catapults, throwing charged reflect crystals like in the Last Fractal boss (the big eye, can’t remember the name now), damaging boss by pulling him to AoE’s and holding him there (Mai Trin system)…
even the CoF P1 system where 4 people have to hold the door surviving NPCs (raids can have whichever mechanic instead of NPCs) while 1 zerk destroys the switch is a valid place for using nomads.
If those are the common mechanics used – I’d run full nomads any day. If killing bosses is easier by 70%, I’d sacrifice the 1 bonus hour with lack of DPS on thrash or whatever awaits us.
Besides, the rewards are weekly. Your goal is to clear the raid. Not to speedrun it everyday.

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

If I had more funds right now I would go Zealot… but since I don’t and alt too much it’ll be a mix of Cleric armour and Zerker accessories for me, in the short term.

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Gonna test it out tomorrow—while Nomad (with appropriate runes/sigils)will be overkill on healing/tanking (due to tough + vit)—would like to see how much of a beating a druid could take before dying.

If the elite glyph doesn’t scale with damage nomads might actually be pretty amazing…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Clerics is toughness.

On demand.

ok.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Nomad or Cleric?

in Ranger

Posted by: Wizkid.5982

Wizkid.5982

Nomad’s is better imo since I value the tankiness more than the healing power (You already have more than enough)