Oct 11 Patch Preview now Beginners Guide

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

So ANet is going to be streaming a patch preview this Friday on their twitch channel. It’s going to be a PvP heavy preview, and there should be some discussion about the changes that will be occurring on the 15th.

Just a heads up everybody. I’ll edit this and post a definite link and time once I figure out all of the exact details.

Here’s hoping for more than just a Sic’ Em discussion when rangers come up!

Edit: This is no longer a patch preview livestream. This is a bogus, Beginners Guide to PvP. It’s live now, and I don’t recommend wasting your time with it.

Where: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2
When: October 11
Time: Currently unknown, estimated to be around noon PST.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

(edited by jcbroe.4329)

in Ranger

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

You and me both. If I don’t see something at least somewhat different, I probably won’t even log in for patch day.

in Ranger

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

Let’s hope rangers even come up at all. They have a lovely precedent of not even mentioning us.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Ranger

Posted by: Searban.5984

Searban.5984

“PvP heavy” as in both WvW and sPvP, or only sPvP? Because if it’s the latter, I doubt we’ll learn anything meaningful from it.

I’m intending to watch it anyway, but to be honest, I feel like another set of leaked patch notes would be more useful. ;p

in Ranger

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

Let’s hope rangers even come up at all. They have a lovely precedent of not even mentioning us.

Oh, we are, they’re nerfing Water Field, its OP in certain situations.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Kind of a buff too, since it pulses more frequently.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Kind of a buff too, since it pulses more frequently.

yeah, the waterfield change goes both ways. Its more powerful in small groups, less powerful with zergs. Either way, i dont care how this patch goes. I started with a ranger, and i will stick with my ranger no matter how lousy and useless it becomes. Because no matter how bad rangers may seem, there is always a build, or some tweaking that makes it shine.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Prysin, when are you online next? I want to play with you too jubskie. Btw thx for the heads up

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

NargofWoV.4267

What I don’t get is, why is it deemed op if the issue is its long term (relatively speaking) condition removal, yet Anet is going to be pulling back some of the high numbers that Condition spamming classes are causing. Seems like talk out of both sides of the mouth.

You’re doing too much Cond. dmg, but we’re taking away the ability to cleanse it, cause it was taking to much Cond. dmg away.

Yikes.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

“PvP heavy” as in both WvW and sPvP, or only sPvP? Because if it’s the latter, I doubt we’ll learn anything meaningful from it.

I’m intending to watch it anyway, but to be honest, I feel like another set of leaked patch notes would be more useful. ;p

PvP heavy as in, there has been a mentioning of this update potentially being a revamp, or the beginnings of a revamp, of the PvP environment. There has been mentions of a less random reward system, a better leveling system, and rewards that span more content of the game (such as a way to earn copper/silver/gold from PvP, and players are hoping/speculating for ways to give their characters PvE experience).

All of those things that the devs definitely mentioned, like gold from PvP and a better rank and reward system are said to be definitely happening by the end of the year, and supposedly the patch is going to contain at least one QoL improvement in that regard.

However, the devs have said in a thread/livestream I believe that we’ll get more balance previews during the livestream too.

My goal with this thread is to get any and all rangers with active twitch accounts to heckle the chat stream about ranger changes so we can get as much information out there before next Tuesday as humanly possible, since devs have a habit of glossing over our classes changes and things that would be important to us.

And just to get the info out there for anybody that is interested in getting a peak at what’s in store for us.

in Ranger

Posted by: Stice.5204

Stice.5204

What I don’t get is, why is it deemed op if the issue is its long term (relatively speaking) condition removal, yet Anet is going to be pulling back some of the high numbers that Condition spamming classes are causing. Seems like talk out of both sides of the mouth.

You’re doing too much Cond. dmg, but we’re taking away the ability to cleanse it, cause it was taking to much Cond. dmg away.

Yikes.

I think they’re just trying to rebalance condition application versus condition cleansing in general, which means toning down the more extreme ends of both. They probably concluded that weakening the most egregious condition spam builds would leave the most powerful anti-condition builds nearly immune, so they’re weakening those too.

At any rate, I’m trying not to tunnel vision on one or two changes out of what should be a rather large patch. I want to wait and see the full notes. I’m particularly curious about their mention of changing some ranger weapon skills. I’ve always liked how power builds play for the ranger but it annoys me that they are so blatantly inferior to condition builds in smaller scale PvP right now, so I’d be thrilled to see some changes to improve power scaling on some of our weapons like the axe and greatsword.

Guardian, Engineer
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast – BP

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

This pleases me! I’ve been putting off playing until i knew whether or not i should stand strong with my ranger or finally let my mesmer take over as my new main…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

This pleases me! I’ve been putting off playing until i knew whether or not i should stand strong with my ranger or finally let my mesmer take over as my new main…

Stand strong, Durz! Stand strong!

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

I have my popcorn ready either way cuz I know it’ll be entertaining. I’ll just avoid salting it in case my own tears end up in it.

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

inb4 more nerfs to you guys while we already know my guardian will be getting nothing but more love. (So glad I played SAB so much and got that torch skin!..)

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I’m trying!! I do like my Ranger… but my engineer and mesmer are just looking so much more fun since they’re not getting kitten in almost every new fight in PvE… and they have more trix and/or explosions…

PS: Does anyone know if the meta achievement for Twilight Assault will be staying after the 15th?

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I’m trying!! I do like my Ranger… but my engineer and mesmer are just looking so much more fun since they’re not getting kitten in almost every new fight in PvE… and they have more trix and/or explosions…

PS: Does anyone know if the meta achievement for Twilight Assault will be staying after the 15th?

Pretty sure that’s when the Halloween biz starts, so unlikely.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

No clue on the meta thing. I think it will remain, as the achievements for the first update of each month tend to run the entire month. We’ve received no confirmation of it either way, though.

Probably safest to make sure you get the meta done, just in case. The dungeon achievements will stay for sure so no hurry there..

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

No clue on the meta thing. I think it will remain, as the achievements for the first update of each month tend to run the entire month. We’ve received no confirmation of it either way, though.

Probably safest to make sure you get the meta done, just in case. The dungeon achievements will stay for sure so no hurry there..

Yeah, i’m not really worried about the dungeon meta, just the temp one cause i do really want that backpack…

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

Yeah, i’m not really worried about the dungeon meta, just the temp one cause i do really want that backpack…

Most of the achievements are pretty easy, thankfully, as are the daily ones that also count towards the LS achievement.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

It’s hard to tell, usually the meta achievement is part of a month’s worth of content so the first update lasted four weeks while the second lasted two. Then we had SAB which had nothing to do with Boss Week but it still stuck around for four weeks while Boss Week was gone after two.

Given that TA has nothing to do with Halloween and it’s relatively easy to get the meta achievement done in a single dungeon run, I expect it will be gone when the next patch hits.

I suspect the preview won’t really be a class balance discussion etc but rather outlining the changes they made to tool tips, the UI and things like that. I doubt you will get much discussion of the ranger specifically unless it’s a brief overview of what they hope to accomplish with the changes to certain pet support options. As far as the twitch chat goes, the TA preview was filled with questions about the removal of F/U path and Rubi completely ignored them. The way they select questions, they may as well have pre-written ones rather than let players ask them. The community managers field all the questions they don’t want to answer and instead choose ones that are on message.

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Well the devs did say specifically to tune in during the preview for more “balance teasers before patch Tuesday” during a livestream, but they could just dev-troll us and discuss Sic’ Em some more -.-

in Ranger

NargofWoV.4267

PvP heavy as in, there has been a mentioning of this update potentially being a revamp, or the beginnings of a revamp, of the PvP environment. There has been mentions of a less random reward system, a better leveling system, and rewards that span more content of the game (such as a way to earn copper/silver/gold from PvP, and players are hoping/speculating for ways to give their characters PvE experience).

All of those things that the devs definitely mentioned, like gold from PvP and a better rank and reward system are said to be definitely happening by the end of the year, and supposedly the patch is going to contain at least one QoL improvement in that regard.

However, the devs have said in a thread/livestream I believe that we’ll get more balance previews during the livestream too.

My goal with this thread is to get any and all rangers with active twitch accounts to heckle the chat stream about ranger changes so we can get as much information out there before next Tuesday as humanly possible, since devs have a habit of glossing over our classes changes and things that would be important to us.

And just to get the info out there for anybody that is interested in getting a peak at what’s in store for us.

I had not caught on that Anet was considering doing this, thanks for the reply.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Just a slight bump for this topic. I still don’t even have a time yet -.- It should be on ANets official GW2 channel, so I’ll update the OP with that tidbit.

in Ranger

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

Just a slight bump for this topic. I still don’t even have a time yet -.- It should be on ANets official GW2 channel, so I’ll update the OP with that tidbit.

Thanks a bunch. Those who cant make it due to different timezone really appreciate it

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

in Ranger

Posted by: Fordel.3208

Fordel.3208

This kitten better be good, been waiting on these changes for awhile now.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fordel.3208

Fordel.3208

The 15th patch is basically my make or break, it’s starting to make me genuinely frustrated and that’s my cut off point.

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

I’ll say what I said back when that “preview” thread with the Sic’ Em change was posted; those number changes better be good.

in Ranger

ilr.9675

Well the devs did say specifically to tune in during the preview for more “balance teasers before patch Tuesday” during a livestream, but they could just dev-troll us and discuss Sic’ Em some more -.-

No they’ll announce a new gemstore item for us that summons cap circles anywhere including dungeons and then streams all footage instantly to a partnering service. Every minute you hold it, increases the range of your weapon and axe richochets (disclaimer: axe will not bounce off wall and hit boss twice like common sense would dictate)

in Ranger

Posted by: Hyperion.1406

Hyperion.1406

When will the Livestream be today? Cause i cannot found any information about that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

Could anyone post a link to these leaked notes, I saw it somewhere before and forgot where to find it now, thanks.

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Dungeon will be staying i think, rewards will be reduced.

Oct 15 is pretty much judgement day for my ranger characters. I think I’ve waited long enough~

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Dungeon will be staying i think, rewards will be reduced.

Oct 15 is pretty much judgement day for my ranger characters. I think I’ve waited long enough~

Rewards will not be reduced, the living world thing is the only temp part about the content (well they said the instance may be change when scarlet is finally dealt with, but this isn’t even 100% on if that’ll happen.)

in Ranger

Posted by: Zoia.3678

Zoia.3678

Some broadcaster just said in chat they will start in about 40 min.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

hmmm… nothing is currently going right now… for me anyway, so maybe they’ve lied to us!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

hmmm… nothing is currently going right now… for me anyway, so maybe they’ve lied to us!!

Kill them all!

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Kill them all!

I’ll grab my bears… That’ll show them that bears can do a hell of a lot more damage than a kittening cat can!!

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

I still can’t find any “official” information, even though Chaplin has been talking about today’s livestream for like 3 weeks in twitch chats.

I’ll update everything with the correct information as soon as possible.

in Ranger

Searban.5984

Well, apparently that stream has changed into “beginner’s guide to PvP”, and the patch preview will be on the 14th. Sigh…

(edited by Searban.5984)

in Ranger

Zoia.3678

Well, apparently today stream has changed to “beginner’s guide to PvP”, and the patch preview will be on the 14th. Sigh…

Yea, we might as well wait till the 15th and read the patch notes… :p

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Wow, okay, so sorry for the waste of time guys. I’ll suffer my way through this stream and see if any devs drop any tidbits in the chat, otherwise, I wouldn’t recommend watching this garbage (PvP beginners guide).

in Ranger

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

I skipped class for this… Naw, I’m kidding. I would have skipping class anyway.

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Lol I just can’t believe this garbage. I can’t believe devs are even wasting their time with this livestream. This at most is like, a youtube video you record before the game launches as a resource to explain to people how the game works.

Why is this dumb stream happening now, and how, in any way, does it take precedence over a patch preview?

This is the type of stuff that makes more disappointed with the devs. Not the content and balance updates, but the things that make me double take and say “wtf…”

in Ranger

Zoia.3678

Wow, okay, so sorry for the waste of time guys. I’ll suffer my way through this stream and see if any devs drop any tidbits in the chat, otherwise, I wouldn’t recommend watching this garbage (PvP beginners guide).

Not your fault, so no need to be sorry.
I wouldn’t even have known about this stream if it hadn’t been for this post. Guess they changed their mind, is all. Like the GW2 broadcaster said: “We had a minor schedule shuffle. The balance preview is Monday at Noon. ~Rubi”.

in Ranger

Searban.5984

Lol I just can’t believe this garbage. I can’t believe devs are even wasting their time with this livestream. This at most is like, a youtube video you record before the game launches as a resource to explain to people how the game works.

Why is this dumb stream happening now, and how, in any way, does it take precedence over a patch preview?

This is the type of stuff that makes more disappointed with the devs. Not the content and balance updates, but the things that make me double take and say “wtf…”

My guess would be that they didn’t manage to get the update ready for the stream. Still, some kind of heads up couldn’t hurt…

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

My guess would be that they didn’t manage to get the update ready for the stream. Still, some kind of heads up couldn’t hurt…

Still. They have test servers, and we’re literally the rest of today’s work day and Monday’s work day away from patch. I mean, any amount of updates that are more extensive than that post with Sic’ Em detailed in it is better than just pushing the day back.

Heck, we don’t need a content stream. Do a roundtable discussion about changes being made in the upcoming patch.

But this? It’s poorly timed and a poor allocation of resources. Instead of streaming this nonsense, these guys should just go back to working on the patch for Tuesday.

in Ranger

Searban.5984

Still. They have test servers, and we’re literally the rest of today’s work day and Monday’s work day away from patch. I mean, any amount of updates that are more extensive than that post with Sic’ Em detailed in it is better than just pushing the day back.

Heck, we don’t need a content stream. Do a roundtable discussion about changes being made in the upcoming patch.

But this? It’s poorly timed and a poor allocation of resources. Instead of streaming this nonsense, these guys should just go back to working on the patch for Tuesday.

Oh, I’m not disagreeing. It’s just inconsistency of their approach to communication with the community showing again. I never understood in the first place why they want to do a stream instead simply discuss the changes in writing, it would be more than enough.

in Ranger

ilr.9675

They didn’t preview one single change. Not even a teaser.

But they DID admit that they don’t play Ranger basically while listing the classes they do play (and find viable). Even more noteworthy was his stungank warrior finally losing to the spirit Ranger b/c he got outplayed even harder the second time. IE: It was apparent who deserved to win the fight both times. Yet the lack of viable weapons & traits for Rangers (due to the decisions these very Developers make) made the fight a blowout the first time, and a dead heat finish the second time. so there’s your REAL preview ….Expect more nerfs in the coming weeks b/c their darling the warrior still can’t wipe the floor with every Ranger yet.

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Ranger

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I don’t see how Monday is anything but compiling and debugging the patch… the twisting the knobs and turning the dials phase should be absolutely done right about now actually. Which makes the change-up in the livestream topic… disheartening.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Exactly. I just miss this:

http://www.guildwars.com/gameplay/developer_updates/september_2012_skill_balances.php

And these types of update pages would get released about a week in advance, detailing the major changes and the skills being majorly toned for the change.

I guess it’s too much to ask the same guys that are doing a silly “Beginners PvP” guide to instead, go and get a list of the balance updates definitely going live, and then format them and post them, detailing why they were being made and what the goal is with these changes.

Sorry, I know I’m a little rant-ish, but I do feel like ANet is a little kid kicking me in the shins repeatedly sometimes.