Oct 11 Patch Preview now Beginners Guide

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

Exactly. I just miss this:

http://www.guildwars.com/gameplay/developer_updates/september_2012_skill_balances.php

And these types of update pages would get released about a week in advance, detailing the major changes and the skills being majorly toned for the change.

I guess it’s too much to ask the same guys that are doing a silly “Beginners PvP” guide to instead, go and get a list of the balance updates definitely going live, and then format them and post them, detailing why they were being made and what the goal is with these changes.

Sorry, I know I’m a little rant-ish, but I do feel like ANet is a little kid kicking me in the shins repeatedly sometimes.

Don’t you know mate? Casual players don’t have time for deep balance discussions.

Stormbluff Isle

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

They didn’t preview one single change. Not even a teaser.

But they DID admit that they don’t play Ranger basically while listing the classes they do play (and find viable). Even more noteworthy was his stungank warrior finally losing to the spirit Ranger b/c he got outplayed even harder the second time. IE: It was apparent who deserved to win the fight both times. Yet the lack of viable weapons & traits for Rangers (due to the decisions these very Developers make) made the fight a blowout the first time, and a dead heat finish the second time. so there’s your REAL preview ….Expect more nerfs in the coming weeks b/c their darling the warrior still can’t wipe the floor with every Ranger yet.

Well, that’s encouraging news.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

http://www.guildwars.com/gameplay/developer_updates/september_2012_skill_balances.php

And these types of update pages would get released about a week in advance, detailing the major changes and the skills being majorly toned for the change.

I guess it’s too much to ask the same guys that are doing a silly “Beginners PvP” guide to instead, go and get a list of the balance updates definitely going live, and then format them and post them, detailing why they were being made and what the goal is with these changes.

Sorry, I know I’m a little rant-ish, but I do feel like ANet is a little kid kicking me in the shins repeatedly sometimes.

Don’t you know mate? Casual players don’t have time for deep balance discussions.

Lol this is so true on so many levels it actually saddened me a little…

I have 500 some guild mates, and maybe 10 of them check the patch notes. The other day, a few of my guildies and I had to explain to some guys who had leveled their Eles/Rangers to 80 and mained them with tons of gameplay time, that the Ele scepter Air Attunement autoattack and Rangers Rapid Fire were a running total, and the numbers popping up weren’t the amount that each separate hit was doing.
I mean, 80s, full exotics, everything.

I’m starting to think I give the playerbase too much credit sometimes lol.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I have 500 some guild mates, and maybe 10 of them check the patch notes. The other day, a few of my guildies and I had to explain to some guys who had leveled their Eles/Rangers to 80 and mained them with tons of gameplay time, that the Ele scepter Air Attunement autoattack and Rangers Rapid Fire were a running total, and the numbers popping up weren’t the amount that each separate hit was doing.

I can see why they’d think that as the numbers look exactly the same as any other number and no where is it clearly explained. You cannot see how much health an enemy has so you can’t check that way either.

This is a function of the lackluster GUI. Tooltips are flat out wrong, traits break every other patch, exploits appear, and none if it is transparent. This is the story of the first year of gw2 GUI. Hopefully they improve it starting with this patch. Even targeting is bad. At launch, there were no indicators for retaliation or confusion even.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

I can see why they’d think that as the numbers look exactly the same as any other number and no where is it clearly explained. You cannot see how much health an enemy has so you can’t check that way either.

This is a function of the lackluster GUI. Tooltips are flat out wrong, traits break every other patch, exploits appear, and none if it is transparent. This is the story of the first year of gw2 GUI. Hopefully they improve it starting with this patch. Even targeting is bad. At launch, there were no indicators for retaliation or confusion even.

Oh I know. My main problem stemmed from them WvWing a lot. Mostly because, even though it’s never clearly explained, there should be some point in your head that makes the connection that base health pools in this game are between roughly 10-20k hp.

So these attacks would be doing like 40-50k per channel. AND you would be able to watch the enemies hp not even go below half.

I mean, given that ANet never had an explanation to their UI, and things can be pretty bad, but it doesn’t always excuse people from figuring stuff out on their own.

So I don’t fully blame these players, but they still take part of the blame.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Tuknog.2691

Tuknog.2691

Coming Monday, October 14th
“Tuesday’s Guild Wars 2 update will bring some balance changes, but you’ll get a peek at them on Monday! Karl McLain and Roy Cronacher will be livestreaming a first look at the balance changes beginning at noon PDT, right here on the official Guild Wars 2 Twitch channel!”
im a sad panda now

Tuknog – Piken Square

in Ranger

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

Well, I’m on fall break for the 14th and 15th, so I guess I’m a little excited. Actually, I’m more excited for my guardian; I’m ready to be disappointed with the ranger. Then again I may not play much as I have a project and research paper due on Wednesday…

I really should level my Warrior.

in Ranger

Posted by: AydenStar.4216

AydenStar.4216

I have no confidence that the Oct. 15 patch will be minor tweaks to weapons and traits and sic’em will be situational at best.

I really think Anet is has not handled this game professionally at all. Everything from the fail conquest mode in spvp, profession balance, devs fighting with players about gvgs are signs to me that GW2’s future after the launch of ESO and other anticipated games looks grim IMHO.

If this game doesn’t do a 360 and focus on real profession balance and more PvP modes for both spvp and with pve gear or plan to release this stuff as a carrot on a string when the newer hyped games come out, its going to hurt ANet big time.

It has been hard for me to play this game lately because I play only WvW and I am sick and tired of having to hear how Rangers suck, and how I need to re-roll a warrior, elementalist or guardian when I play better than most of the players in viable professions.

Rangers will not be fixed until they solve the issues with the pet mechanics and Sic’em change is like putting a bandaid on a broken leg.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Totally off topic… But I love that patch and am deeply upset GW1 didn’t get more patches like that after GW2 came out =(

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Soilder.3607

Totally off topic… But I love that patch and am deeply upset GW1 didn’t get more patches like that after GW2 came out =(

There is no amount of money I would not pay for a new gw1 expansion.

Stormbluff Isle

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I sense that the patch will be bad…call it my pessimism at work, but do we really expect anything overly positive at this point? Especially with 0 developers playing Ranger?

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Ranger

Posted by: Fordel.3208

Fordel.3208

I don’t even think it will be bad (like I don’t think they will really nerf anything), I think it will be a whole lot of nothing and “what”. Where we just don’t get what they are trying to do.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

There is for me, but that’s cause I’m a poor college student xD! That being said if ABSOLUTELY buy a new expansion for gW1 if it were made! Hell, if it were patched more I’d play it a lot more as well! I think they should do what EQ did and not totally abandon the first game when the second came out…. (Note: I’ve never played EQ I’ve just heard this is what they’ve done from people who claim to play it).

in Ranger

Soilder.3607

There is for me, but that’s cause I’m a poor college student xD! That being said if ABSOLUTELY buy a new expansion for gW1 if it were made! Hell, if it were patched more I’d play it a lot more as well! I think they should do what EQ did and not totally abandon the first game when the second came out…. (Note: I’ve never played EQ I’ve just heard this is what they’ve done from people who claim to play it).

You may find this hard to believe, but everquests latest expansion, call of the forsaken
, came out two days ago.

Stormbluff Isle

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

You may find this hard to believe, but everquests latest expansion, call of the forsaken
, came out two days ago.

-_-’ cmon Anet… why are you leaving GW1 to die?

in Ranger

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

They’re too small. They don’t have the manpower to. Heck … it seems like there isn’t manpower for Living Story and a real GW2 expansion either.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

They’re too small. They don’t have the manpower to. Heck … it seems like there isn’t manpower for Living Story and a real GW2 expansion either.

Eh true… Which sucks really =(

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Oh I’m sure there is, they’ve just crunched the numbers and decided that temp content with rng boxes brings in more consistent profit than doing actual, substantive updates or expansions. Hell, we haven’t even gotten any real permanent addition to the game map since South Sun showed up.

People keep asking for Elona or even Cantha (which will probably never happen because apparently Asian markets only go for the same old, overdone fantasy setting) when it’s a year later and we haven’t even fleshed out most of the map we started with.

It’s kind of silly that we still don’t have much of the maguuma jungle or the ring of fire despite them being so important to the plot of GW1 and holding key lore items.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

Oh I’m sure there is, they’ve just crunched the numbers and decided that temp content with rng boxes brings in more consistent profit than doing actual, substantive updates or expansions. Hell, we haven’t even gotten any real permanent addition to the game map since South Sun showed up.

People keep asking for Elona or even Cantha (which will probably never happen because apparently Asian markets only go for the same old, overdone fantasy setting) when it’s a year later and we haven’t even fleshed out most of the map we started with.

It’s kind of silly that we still don’t have much of the maguuma jungle or the ring of fire despite them being so important to the plot of GW1 and holding key lore items.

It will come. It’ll need to. There will need to be more than just the slow infusion of content we’re getting right now. Don’t get me wrong. I do enjoy most of the Living Story stuff. But it just seems to slow of a medium for the large scale content that the other dragons will need. Or new maps. One new permanent map in over a year. We have at least another 10 maps just revisiting where we were able to go in GW1. At least.

There is so much potential. I really hope that once we kill the tired, weak villain that is Scarlet that we’ll see things drive in a way that feels like we’re actually doing something important again.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Ranger

Posted by: mzt.3270

mzt.3270

I sense that the patch will be bad…call it my pessimism at work, but do we really expect anything overly positive at this point? Especially with 0 developers playing Ranger?

LOL, I knew it. I said weeks ago I had a huge feeling this was the case and I was proved right. It just shows the grand unprofessionalism of Anet and how they handled this class. This was the info I had been waiting for to prove exactly what has been happening. The best thing Anet can do now is allow Ranger accounts to get re-rolled into other characters with inclusions for lost armor, runes etc specced for a re-roll if they clearly cannot be bothered to give this class an even class balancing. If not then its better for them to pull the pants up and sort ranger class and play on it until it is sorted. Other classes are fine or are liveable for time being, ranger needs so much work and nerfing " honing" (coughs loudly) a class they have little clue about is not just mind-boggling its very unprofessional. Yet they constantly swear blind they show no favouritism between classes, yeah right!!!

Happiness is finding an Omnomberry in your Grumble Cake

(edited by mzt.3270)

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

So did the Friday Patch Preview reveal anything? I missed it yesterday and can’t seem to find any info beyond the Mad King stuff. Is that all there was?

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

dont know about u guys but i felt this video was really patronizing and unnecessary.

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I have no confidence that the Oct. 15 patch will be minor tweaks to weapons and traits and sic’em will be situational at best.

I really think Anet is has not handled this game professionally at all. Everything from the fail conquest mode in spvp, profession balance, devs fighting with players about gvgs are signs to me that GW2’s future after the launch of ESO and other anticipated games looks grim IMHO.

If this game doesn’t do a 360 and focus on real profession balance and more PvP modes for both spvp and with pve gear or plan to release this stuff as a carrot on a string when the newer hyped games come out, its going to hurt ANet big time.

It has been hard for me to play this game lately because I play only WvW and I am sick and tired of having to hear how Rangers suck, and how I need to re-roll a warrior, elementalist or guardian when I play better than most of the players in viable professions.

Rangers will not be fixed until they solve the issues with the pet mechanics and Sic’em change is like putting a bandaid on a broken leg.

During serious matchups, I always switch back to my Guardian :\

(Even when there’s another Skillgroup on DB like there was last night stripping off all the Stability I laid down … I just F3, Renew …F3 again and zero kittens were given … we won they lost … rangers woulda been eaten alive in that situation).

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

Sic’em Reveal is LOL as expected.

What’s funny is that all the traits were setup for the demo classes, except for the ranger. That pretty much tells you what you need to know right there.

Very glad I finished up my warrior though. Regen hammer got even better which is hard to believe. Expecting more of the same on tomorrow’s patch.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fordel.3208

Fordel.3208

Well that was disappointing.

in Ranger

Posted by: idevourwater.3149

idevourwater.3149

we will have nothing to fight against thieves.

They got a new skill that allows for massive immob stacking …

in Ranger

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

What’s funny is that all the traits were setup for the demo classes, except for the ranger. That pretty much tells you what you need to know right there.

I noticed this as well. Chance I log in tomorrow is dreadfully low considering I will be busy already. I’m not disappointed, I expected ranger to be skipped over. I’m excited for my guardian and warrior though.

The only other thing I saw was maul seemed to have a damage buff. He had fairly low power and way managing to hit 1600+ with it.

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I heard … four seconds reveal … that’s nothing on a 40 second CD, that’s like they were literally too busy with other things or hate playing ranger so much that they didn’t bother to test it so they just tossed it out for everyone else to test and might get around to adding longer Reveals on other classes later (but forget to revisit ranger’s)

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Ranger

Posted by: Piedplat.3597

Piedplat.3597

They have not talk about entangle and stealth glitch

/Piedplat Ranger80/Palissade Guardian80/Mystyphika Mesmer80/ ArmataTenebrae[AT] BG
http://www.armata.ca/

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

They have not talk about entangle and stealth glitch

That’s not a glitch. Entangle works by summoning vines that function as independent mobs that apply rapid packets of short duration bleed and immobilize. If you are untargetable or immune to attacks when it ques up it’s application you can walk right out of it. Next time you are in an entangle try dodgerolling or using serpent’s or stalkers strike. You’ll just spin right out of it. Same for anyone who gets launched or knocked back while in an Entangle.

It’s really kittenty design but it’s working as intended.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…