Official- 5 New Traits

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

Marksmanship: Read the Wind: Longbow and Harpoon Gun projectile velocity is increased by 100%.

Skirmishing: Strider’s Defense – You have a 15% chance to block ranged attacks while in melee.

Wilderness Survival : Poison Master – Poison you apply deals 50% extra damage. Poison your pet’s first attack when they are swapped to.

Nature Magic: Survival of the fittest – Remove two conditions and gain fury when using a survival skill.

Beast Mastery: Invigorating Bond- Your pet heals in an area when executing command abilities (i.e. your F2 skill now heals in an area)

If you can’t make a build out of these by just reading, then I don’t know. Poison Master scales with Ranger condition damage instead of pets.

Might not be the best ones compare to others, but good start IMO.

Resource: http://dulfy.net/2014/03/21/gw2-ready-up-episode-8-developer-livestream/

Success is my only option, failure is not.

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Did you really need to create a new thread instead of updating your old one?

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

None of these have any significance in pve, whilst warriors are getting buffed again :-)

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Why not? If the moderator’s don’t like it they will just merge them anyway.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

AEFA.9035

you mean the one that turned toxic? no thanks. just saw the last poster, comparing is good but crying, no thanks.

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Don’t like any of them personally. Also disappointed they further reinforce the already powerful bunker and regen builds instead of ever branching us out into a working power build.

Skirmishing: Anyone use this tree but trappers? And to lose potency? Doubt it.
WS: Empathic Bond is still mandatory and poison doing bleed x 3 instead of x2 isn’t anything to write home about.
NS: I like it as muddy terrain is at least more valuable than guard.
BM: Depends on the heal, but could work if you play BM bunker still.

Only thing I got excited about in the entire presentation was lightning reflexes.

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

Wilderness Survival and Beastmaster are pretty nice for my build actually. With 100% poison the buff is nice, and if it scales off condi damage thats a nice tick. This wont make us godmode, but it will help the classic master builds I reckon. With these traits I will wreck any power build, but yet again condition damage builds will still trump us rangers. Give us good removal.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

Ok, here is the no QQ version.

Marksmanship: As they mentioned on the stream this is a wvw/pvp trait. Apart from 1v1 where your opponent will mind your LRS at all, I don’t see the improvement here. And harpoon gun? Its a condi weapon, who would take a 30 point MM trait to buff their harpoon gun projectile speed?

Skirmishing: With the vision of rangers being survivalists I just don’t see this being used ever. Its in a precision/crit damage trait line, so for power builds obviously (or trappers). It is RNG with a low chance, and requires you to be attacking with a melee weapon (sword/GS basically). In sword you have evades on 2,3 in GS you have evade on auto attack, and a block to deal with projectiles. I don’t think anyone with more than 2 brain cells will consider taking this trait.

Wilderness survival: I saw some comments on a new poison ranger being the new meta in Twitch chat, probably trolls though. No bunker ranger will take this skill over empathic bond. And comparing it to the Guardian more powerful burning skill (which I might as well take having rampager armor everything else berserker I have 1200 condition damage) it is just sub par. On a 2000 condition damage ranger this trait gives 140 damage per second. On 1200 condition damage you get 100, while guardians get more than 200. Thes have extreme burning uptime and great synergy with burning application. Again, I don’t think anyone will take this.

Nature magic: This sounds good on paper, but not sure if as a bunker ranger you would want to load up on survival skills. Again, who will take this and why?

BM: This is the only one I see ever being used, may it be BM rangers, or someone trying to heal others on their ranger (is there anyone?)

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

I kind of like Survival of the fittest, thought it would all depend whether there is a CD and what kind of CD it has…

“who will take this and why”
I would take it in WvW bussing (depending on CD)… cause it does not relate on the pet that’s too often dead…

(edited by Jocksy.3415)

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

you mean the one that turned toxic? no thanks. just saw the last poster, comparing is good but crying, no thanks.

Just read some of the responses towards the end, and, yeah….good point….. (same reason why I am not going to create that thread in the balance forums that I was talking about a few days ago.)

Anyways, I’ll be a White knight for Anet in this thread too, but I’ll try to be as unbiased as possible to avoid the toxicity of other threads…….

Read the Wind – I will be using it at Maximum range, though all this trait investment just to make our Longbow superior to other ranged weapons, still does nothing for the fact that all ranged weapons are inferior to melee, and, doesn’t actually make alot of sense if Anet wants to encourage build diversity instead of just sticking to bearbow.

Strider’s Defense – It would be ueful if I took a sword instead of a greatsword, but Greatsword is in a horrible position because if we want to take all GS traits (including this or Moment of clarity), it requires a 70 point trait investment, and does nothing to help our damage output.

Poison Master – This could work with a Trap build (especially for me since I sacrifice all survival anyways when running one!), but I will admit that I was expecting a little more than 100 extra dps or so from a Grandmaster trait

Survival of the Fittest – Horrible name for a traitline called Nature Magic. Plus it affects Survival skills, which has its only other trait in Wilderness Survival. Could possibly be useful for Dire Gear, but, I’m not sure yet.

Invigorating Bond – It would have to be alot of healing to offset our pet’s long cooldowns. otherwise I guess you could spam Hawk/Eagle F2’s, as that would have a 4 second recharge time with Commanding Voice traited. It could provied some substantial healing…possibly,…If this trait scales with our own healing power instead of the pet’s. (Otherwise, this is the only Grandmaster I would consider crappy, and not worth the trait slot in any build.)

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

AEFA.9035

I kind of like Survival of the fittest, thought it would all depend whether there is a CD and what kind of CD it has…

“who will take this and why”
I would take it in WvW bussing (depending on CD)… cause it does not relate on the pet that’s too often dead…

I just wish they didnt put Survival of the Fittest 30 deep in NM, a lot of people are complaining about needing to put 30 deep to make our utilities viable and they did it again.

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: divine faithborn.8365

divine faithborn.8365

Survival of the Fittest is holy kitten amazing. Rangers already have 2 stun breaks in the survival line and this turns them into condition cleanses as well as giving you a few moments of insane power.

Lightning Reflexes – 2 conditions, removes immobe and stun breaks, moves you out of AOE, gives vigor and fury, and it’s on a 34 second cooldown. That’s amazing for a defensive skill

Pretty much the same deal with quickening zephyr for power builds, in that your quickness now gives you fury so you can unload for even more damage easier. It’s still wrong to use it for the condition cleanse primarily, but it’s still significantly better.

This is a power ranger’s trait, I can easily see you going 30/0/10/30 for it in wvw- especially if they rework the trait stats for skirmishing

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

I have to agree with everyone above… Some of them looks cool, but most will go unused.

MS: I think its pretty good, but since its yet ANOTHER longbow trait in MS its hard to take it seriously.

Skirm: Looks cool, but I am not sure who’d use it.

WS: Looks more like a master trait than a GM to me, and since its competing against EB and BS (arguably the rangers best 2 GM traits) I cant imagine anyone using this.

NM: Actually does looks nice. Probably my favourite option, though why the needed to put our new condi removal 30 points deep again is beyond me. Still, does looks good.

BM: might be good, hard to say till we know the numbers.

All in all though, I agree with Atherakhia that they seem to just have reinforced the typical ranger condi bunkers (x/0/30/30/x) by giving them a new source of condi removal. Now they can either have EB and SoF for epic cleansing, or reasonably take BS and SoF. Either way, they seem to have just made the bunker builds we already have stronger, rather than helped the less used / struggling builds (power, trapper, BM).

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Cufufalating.8479)

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I currently run a 20/25/0/25/0 build and reading this traits … I’m not really tempted to change it.
Survival of the fittest can be kinda useful in WvW with mud terrain and LR + the new Keen Edge trait, but still kinda meh.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

Nyehehehhhhugh

Ok, I’m sure I can do something with these… Let’s give it a shot based on my preferred playstyle.

First thought goes to my beloved full melee ranger, sw.x/gs. I used to run signets with it at 30.0.30.10.0. for a bit, destroyed stupid thieves cause I played part glass at that time… If I would want to go back to this build from my current hybred setup I would consider 0.30.30.10.0 or maybe 0.30.10.30.0 going full survival utilities (maybe switching one or two out).
But that is an old build that I only used because I didn’t have to re-trait between wvw and dungeons as spotter is also in mm, and neither it nor the potential new builds I mentioned compare to my current build with is full wvw based on traps and control. With free switches, I might try x.×.30.30.x however, although I hate bunkering on a class that already starts at a statistic disadvantage.

I’m gunna zoom out a bit.
Read the wind – useless to me. Not equal to other choices in the adept line, let alone gm of this tree.
Skirmishing – 15% against projectile when meleeing. Does this mean weilding a sword/greatsword or within melee range?
The latter is useless because everyone switches melee if they can (and those who can’t this will not effect the outcome of the fight greatly, especially since I don’t see this effecting aoes, and the classes that don’t have a weapon switch or don’t carry a melee weapon switch usually have several aoes so this won’t even be a full 15% reduction).
The former is weak for similar reasons on top of all our melee weapons being power based and power rangers are a bit lackluster (but doable).
Add this to the fact it competes with trapper means its a no go.

Wilderness survival – I could like this one. To bad it competes for a solid condition removal. I can see it being taken if you are going x.×.30.30.x and taking the new Nature Magic trait.

Nature Magic trait – I can see me taking this if I could find the points. I love the idea of survival traits. See my specific example above

BM – No. I would take this, but not for 30 points. It would have to heal equal to that of a good heal skill for me to want it at 30 points, before I consider throwing 300 stats, arguably 600 stats away depending on your build.

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

My opinions…

Read the Wind: This has its place due to the full points in Marksmanship required, but unless you’re in WvW or can keep yourself away from the enemy the entire time, it’s worthless.

Strider’s Defense: May only see use from Power Rangers.

Poison Master: ROFL poison…worthless when you have Empathetic Bond and Bark Skin in this line.

Survival of the Fittest: Since this gives us an on-demand active condition removal, we’re now forced to get this. Here come the x/x/30/30/x bunker builds. Really should have been a Master trait.

Invigorating Bond: This could come in handy for people who are actually 30 points into Beastmastery.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

Invigorating Bond: I’d certainly use it, but I would really like a different implementation. I really, really, really hope this isn’t just Nature’s Voice Mark 2. If we have 2 Grandmaster Traits that only encourage you to spam the shortest cooldown skills all the time (Guard/Rending Slash)… that is not good, especially if they are not skills related to support in the first place. Moas should be the best support pets but because of their 30s cooldown skills they will probably offer a fraction of the healing that offensive birds can give with much faster F2s… that seems completely backwards.

Read the Wind: If it provides a significant damage increase in WvW, I may use it in a 30/20/0/20/0 pew-pew backline build, giving up Eagle Eye for it.

Strider’s Defense: Normally when I melee in WvW it is either super tanky or beastmaster-signet-based, this could open up a third option. It might eventually get the barkskin treatment and have its percentage bumped up significantly.

Poison Master: The biggest value of poison is reducing healing, and even with 50% bonus damage that probably isn’t going to change because of how often condis get cleansed in zergs. Most of the poison I apply comes directly from pets, so this may not help.

Survival of the Fittest: I rarely take more than one survival skill, so I will probably never take this trait.

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: borya.2964

borya.2964

“Wilderness survival – I could like this one. To bad it competes for a solid condition removal. I can see it being taken if you are going x.×.30.30.x and taking the new Nature Magic trait.”.

10 (or 0) / 10 (or 0) / 30 / 30 / 0, with the same amount of toughness for condi builds (more than 3k armor) two survival skills (lightning reflexes ofc) and signet of the wild for apo stats or something else with precision (with a third survival skill i guess), torment sigil, traveler runes, and S/T – A/D. There is something very strong here.

Coffin Rehearsal X – Bunker Roaming Ranger
Tchuu Tchuu Im A Train [TCHU] – Gandara
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChUmRHtHLgPckvtrPImxK3A

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Taushullu.6180

Taushullu.6180

3/5

We got 3 nice traits (WS, NM, BM) and 2 bad traits:

• Read the Wind – This trait is simply to fix longbow’s inability to hit targets at longer ranges. It’s not a worthless trait (I want my arrows to hit after all) but surely not GM tier trait in itself.
  • Strider’s Defense – No matter how effective this trait might be, 15% proc chance is just pure RNG. Because of that I’ll never be choosing this trait, ever.

Suggestion for RtW:

They could merge Eagle Eye with Read the Wind and have it include short bow as well. New GM trait:

• Read the Wind – Increases short bow, longbow and harpoon gun range and projectile velocity. (300 units / 100%)

This is because the accuracy problems really start to bother after you’ve taken Eagle Eye. Well ok, it’s bothersome even at smaller ranges I admit but at 1500 range it becomes really obvious. In any case, I think these two traits would go nicely together. Anet has also mentioned that if short bow would ever get it’s 1200 unit range back it would be with a GM trait.

(edited by Taushullu.6180)

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Wilderness survival: I saw some comments on a new poison ranger being the new meta in Twitch chat, probably trolls though. No bunker ranger will take this skill over empathic bond.

I’m definitely going to try it. Lately I’ve been running a spirit/shout regen build, and I think I have enough sustain to take no condition removal at all other than HS and SoR (or maybe even see what happens with soldiers runes?)

It’s hard to predict what the PvP scene will be like at this point, so I can’t say if it will work or not. Especially as there were a lot of condi changes mentioned.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: law.9410

law.9410

Invigorating bond looks very interesting, can’t wait to try it with a traited fern hound

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Invigorating bond looks very interesting, can’t wait to try it with a traited fern hound

Won’t make a difference in small group or zerg play. There are plenty of people that play damage heavy ranged classes that will far out dps any healing gained from this skill. Since the pet is usually first to drop, it really makes the skill next to useless.

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

3/5

We got 3 nice traits (WS, NM, BM) and 2 bad traits:

• Read the Wind – This trait is simply to fix longbow’s inability to hit targets at longer ranges. It’s not a worthless trait (I want my arrows to hit after all) but surely not GM tier trait in itself.
  • Strider’s Defense – No matter how effective this trait might be, 15% proc chance is just pure RNG. Because of that I’ll never be choosing this trait, ever.

Suggestion for RtW:

They could merge Eagle Eye with Read the Wind and have it include short bow as well. New GM trait:

• Read the Wind – Increases short bow, longbow and harpoon gun range and projectile velocity. (300 units / 100%)

This is because the accuracy problems really start to bother after you’ve taken Eagle Eye. Well ok, it’s bothersome even at smaller ranges I admit but at 1500 range it becomes really obvious. In any case, I think these two traits would go nicely together. Anet has also mentioned that if short bow would ever get it’s 1200 unit range back it would be with a GM trait.

Taush, outstanding post, and a great suggestion. Bravo.

+1

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: law.9410

law.9410

hahaha rangers will never be good at zerging, and frankly who cares? btw i looked at some of your older posts, all you’re doing is spreading hate, please switch classes already.

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

Skirmishing: Strider’s Defense – You have a 15% chance to block ranged attacks while in melee.

this is exactly why im so frustrated with these devs. WHAT RANGED ATTACKS? most of the damage in this game comes from aoe, either pbaoe or ground targeted skills. who in their right minds would use this in any pvp environment? whoever is coming up with these “ideas” is not on the right page.

the only positive thing i see with all these changes is a huge buff to LR and QZ, which was very much needed. some of these traits might work if there are massive overhauls to a few weapons.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

AEFA.9035

hahaha rangers will never be good at zerging, and frankly who cares? btw i looked at some of your older posts, all you’re doing is spreading hate, please switch classes already.

Attachments:

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Marksmanship: Read the Wind
Could be used in combination with Eagle Eye in situations where Piercing Arrows isn’t required.
However, it has a lot of competition: Piercing Arrows, Eagle Eye, Spotter, Remorseless, Signet of the Berastmaster.

Skirmishing: Strider’s Defense
I don’t see this being used.

Wilderness Survival : Poison Master
50% more damage on poison is too low. That’s the same as 1 stack of bleeding.
Also, I bet this will not work on poison applied by your pet.

Nature Magic: Survival of the fittest
Looks good. Could compete with Empathic Bond.
I’m curious about the cooldown timer on it.

Beast Mastery: Invigorating Bond
I’d have to know for how much it heals for and what the radius is.
Natural Healing will probably be better, unless you think you can heal your whole party with it.

(edited by Holland.9351)

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryoki Hokishami.2756

Ryoki Hokishami.2756

Marksmanship: Read the Wind
Could be used in combination with Eagle Eye in situations where Piercing Arrows isn’t required.
However, it has a lot of competition: Piercing Arrows, Eagle Eye, Spotter, Remorseless, Signet of the Berastmaster.

Skirmishing: Strider’s Defense
I don’t see this being used.

Wilderness Survival : Poison Master
50% more damage on poison is too low. That’s the same as 1 stack of bleeding.
Also, I bet this will not work on poison applied by your pet.

Nature Magic: Survival of the fittest
Looks good. Could compete with Empathic Bond.
I’m curious about the cooldown timer on it.

Beast Mastery: Invigorating Bond
I’d have to know for how much it heals for and what the radius is.
Natural Healing will probably be better, unless you think you can heal your whole party with it.

I agree with you for the most part. I can see invigorating bond being something I will use depending on the heal, not even just for my party, but for myself. Even weaker pets are easy to keep alive with 30 beastmastery for the most part, so adding more healing to myself would be a welcome change.

Also, poison master might work for some Sword/Dagger PVP based builds.

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Holland.9351

I’m actually quite excited about Read the Wind. But I’m imagining all the hits from Rapid Fire hitting, even if they side-step. 100% increase in speed is quite massive.

Remember how the projectile speed was already increased a while back and people were much happier with it. Now that’s going to be doubled. That could be a pretty amazing increase in hit-chance compared to what we get now.

We still have to worry about Aegis, Block, Evade, Projectile Reflect and Projectile Block, but hopefully not basic movement.

It’s a big investment for the Ranger, so that should shut up any possible complains about a longbow build which can’t be side-stepped anymore.

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Grandmaster trait required to do what some other ranged weapons (like say, mesmer greatswords) do inherently: hit the *#(@)! target when you press the button. And you think that will cause the complaints to become less?

Funny guy!

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Holland.9351

I don’t mean complaints from Rangers, I mean from those who try to side-step it and fail miserably.

It’s still better than not having the option at all.

By the way, Mesmer Greatsword is still immune to Projectile Block and Projectile Reflect.

Also, as long as they can’t trait for over 1500 range, I can’t be complaining.

(edited by Holland.9351)

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Ok, just going to be contrarian and say some of these traits could be OMG amazing.

The Beastmaster trait could be hysterically OP. There are two factors that matter. The healing amount (which many say could be low) AND the speed at which you can do a command ability.

Look at birds. Lacerating slash is on a 6 second cooldown. So even if the heal were a base 1500 and could go to 2k, that is pretty amazing because of the speed at least how it reads.

Nature Magic is an incredible active condition removal for some condition builds. 2 conditions and look at the cooldowns. 20 seconds for traited muddy terrain. That is solid considering you will often have 2 survival skills and even faster effective removal.

Do block ranged attacks include blocking conditions that come from range too? If so, that could be extremely useful. You have great evades for big physical damage but it is the conditions that tend to not be telegraphed. 15% may be a bit low but it isn’t bad.

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

The Beastmaster trait could be hysterically OP. There are two factors that matter. The healing amount (which many say could be low) AND the speed at which you can do a command ability.

Look at birds. Lacerating slash is on a 6 second cooldown. So even if the heal were a base 1500 and could go to 2k, that is pretty amazing because of the speed at least how it reads.

My first thought as well. Most pet cooldowns are THIRTY PLUS seconds and most people don’t use birds, so I think most probably dismissed this immediately. Bird healing could be just absolutely outrageous. This is something to look at for PvP.

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Ok, just going to be contrarian and say some of these traits could be OMG amazing.

Nature Magic is an incredible active condition removal for some condition builds. 2 conditions and look at the cooldowns. 20 seconds for traited muddy terrain. That is solid considering you will often have 2 survival skills and even faster effective removal.

Do block ranged attacks include blocking conditions that come from range too? If so, that could be extremely useful. You have great evades for big physical damage but it is the conditions that tend to not be telegraphed. 15% may be a bit low but it isn’t bad.

I’m pretty sure the base healing won’t be anything amazing because frankly Anet must have take consideration of the presence of bird f2 and etc.
My best guess is the default healing will be something like 800, because that’s the number most other classes get. (Ex. Necro’s life blast)

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

nagymbear.5280

Wilderness survival: I saw some comments on a new poison ranger being the new meta in Twitch chat, probably trolls though. No bunker ranger will take this skill over empathic bond.

I’m definitely going to try it. Lately I’ve been running a spirit/shout regen build, and I think I have enough sustain to take no condition removal at all other than HS and SoR (or maybe even see what happens with soldiers runes?)

It’s hard to predict what the PvP scene will be like at this point, so I can’t say if it will work or not. Especially as there were a lot of condi changes mentioned.

This will replace your shout trait…

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

When I like that NM trait a bit (I tend to run 2-3 survival cds on bar) I can’t see other traits being even considered.

As others said, we’re going deeper into era of melee condibunkers and remain in there for good.
With flat nerf to Critical Damage instead of scalling nerf (like toughness), Power builds for Rangers will be in even crappier state than they’re now. I hoped that they’ll just make mixing zerker gear with other stats more attractive, but hell no, let’s nerf non-full zerkers also -.- .

I forsee BM trait healing for a bit less than ~1000 hp. Still requires you to go deep into Beast Mastery so yeah…

I’m waiting for Weapon changes if there’re any. Last hope

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

nagymbear.5280

There is actually 1 power build I can think of that will benefit from the patch, and that is the Valkyrie maul build. It will be able to take the WS trait, get muddy terrain to land maul easier, get fury in the process. But what truly will make it better is Sigil of Intelligence, not the trait. Sigil of Intelligence and Sigil of opportunity on GS will be pretty darn nice. Either that or Sigil of Air and Sigil of Intelligence.

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Antisceptic.9174

Antisceptic.9174

My Suggestion: Make Read the Wind standard, make Piercing Arrows standard, and merge Eagle Eye and Spotter. Then, replace Read the Wind with Close Quarters: your Longbow auto attack always hits for maximum range co-efficient. Make Remorseless a Master Trait, and replace it with a new Grandmaster trait.

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Holland.9351

Longbow certainly has a lot of traits that could simply be made default:
Eagle Eye 1500 range
Piercing Arrows arrows pierce
Remorseless Opening Strike resetting on stealth
Read the Wind projectile speed

The worst part, you’re only allowed to pick 2.

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Read the wind does not increase potential max damage but it does increase effective damage. I like the survival of the fittest as it will make for some interesting power builds.

I am starting to see some logic behind all of this… but the skirmishing new GM seems pointless.

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Aerathnor.8305

Aerathnor.8305

The NM trait only excites me because you can have good fury uptime and go for a more clerics/valk based bunker than Condi bunker. Only issue being that you lose shout regen

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Holland.9351

Judging by this: http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/gw2-ready-up-livestream-rune-changes-3.jpg

Boon duration stacking got butchered too.

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

AEFA.9035

There is actually 1 power build I can think of that will benefit from the patch, and that is the Valkyrie maul build. It will be able to take the WS trait, get muddy terrain to land maul easier, get fury in the process. But what truly will make it better is Sigil of Intelligence, not the trait. Sigil of Intelligence and Sigil of opportunity on GS will be pretty darn nice. Either that or Sigil of Air and Sigil of Intelligence.

OOOOOHHHHHH!!!! That is a nasty build. Good one, I see you’ve paid good attention to the upcoming changes

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

This will replace your shout trait…

Ah ok, I dunno where the new traits are yet! Your original post said it was competing with EB, which I would be ok with dropping. Definitely won’t drop NV to take this though.

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I’ll post this here since I am not sure which thread we are meant to be discussing this in.

Saw Survival of the Fittest, got excited and started theory crafting some build. Then I immediately remembered this is coming with the ferocity bullkitten and figured whats the point, power rangers are never going to do any damage.

Probably the best build that will come out of this will be a 20/20/0/0/30 (sorry 4/4/0/0/6 eye roll) using the new beastmaster grandmaster and Hawk to make some heal heavy pet build possibly using Zealots depending whose healing power is being used for it. But that is obviously not going to be useful in any serious are of the game.

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

Birds f2 at 6 seconds even if it was 2k can’t quite be considered op because it is an active 333 hps that depends on a mechanic that can be dpsed down rather easily (Birds can’t tank). You’d have to run double bird (hawk and eagle it was if I recall) to make it worthwhile, but considering birds die pretty quick to collateral damage this trait would require pretty high micromanaging for it to work.

I expect it to be less myself, and it would have to be above 600/650 to match passive “unstoppable” traited heals at master levels on the heavies. Guardians heal is stopped if you can get um to blow f2 for condition removal. Warriors have it as a minor even..but same thing, because they typically take the trait to remove conditions with adrenaline anyway.

But to be fair, our traits are usually not equal to other classes. Either we have to cross trait lines to snag all the traits to one skill, or our traits allows our abilities to be equal to baked in abilities to other classes (mesmer gs pierces, etc), or the traits are similar to other classes in function, but are placed higher (Can’t warriors get 3 conditions removed every 3 secs actively using cleansing ire (master) which basically means they have the adrenaline to do it) or we have split traits where others have multiple benefits.

It might be better to just rework our traits against other classes, but I don’t see that happening..

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

If it was 2k, you could technically run it with Fernhound for a big burst heal hehe

I’d probably still run spiders even if it was 2k…Just consider it an extra bonus heal

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: hyjaxxx.1584

hyjaxxx.1584

also something i think i caught on the stream. the Heal /pet poisons ect are going to be based off your +healing/ +condi damage. if so a base 800 heal could be 1500-1750 with a regen/ Re-port ranger. Ive already started putting together some builds with the new stuff in mind. Im really looking forward to the changes..although the bugfixes are where we usually get screwed so we will have to wait and see.

Whoajaxx the Ranger
Re-Port331,331R,DD331,Re-portV
Currently looking for wvw guild@henge

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I’m going to reiterate what I said in a different thread in the Spvp forums. Strider’s Defense is a really bad trait. It does nothing for the Ranger, absolutely nothing to improve build diversity, absolutely nothing to make them more viable.
And once again I pose the question and the suggestion I did in the other thread;
My question is; why isn’t this trait something else? Why is it this? Isn’t there something better they could put here? Isn’t there a better idea?
My Suggestion; Strider’s Defense is changed in functionality or changed completely and given a different name.
- Functionality change; Projectiles are deflected when you use sword skills (not including auto-attack)
- Complete overhaul; Strider’s Defence is now called; Seeking Blade; When you evade, your next sword attack is unblockable and deals 20% more damage.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Official- 5 New Traits

in Ranger

AEFA.9035

also something i think i caught on the stream. the Heal /pet poisons ect are going to be based off your +healing/ +condi damage. if so a base 800 heal could be 1500-1750 with a regen/ Re-port ranger. Ive already started putting together some builds with the new stuff in mind. Im really looking forward to the changes..although the bugfixes are where we usually get screwed so we will have to wait and see.

Yup! you’re right!!! Wilderness: Poison Master trait will be based on player condi damage and thats including your pet’s next attack, as poison stack per duration thats insta 2 stack duration! with the main poison (you) 50% stronger.

Now most of you are thinking who gives a kitten about poison. The condi application now is different for us, if before poison was just a cover for the actual condi damage: bleed, burn. Now that its 50% stronger, poison is our number 1 priority when you trait for this.

Bleed
(0.05 * Condition Damage) + 42.5 per stack per second at level 80

Poison
84 + (0.1 * Condition Damage) per second at Level 80