Oh no... my spirits T-T

Oh no... my spirits T-T

in Ranger

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

Why are necros allowed to keep their minions until they die and our spirits die after a minute? That’s not nice A-Net, that’s not nice! I demand equality !!

Atleast for our “normal” spirits, I guess our elite spirit would be a bit op.

Oh no... my spirits T-T

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I don’t get all the people who cry nerf at this spirit business. It’s only a nerf if you were able to keep your spirits alive for their full duration, and even then, you’re looking at 13 seconds of downtime when they die. That’s not as bad as people claim.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Oh no... my spirits T-T

in Ranger

Posted by: Wombat.3510

Wombat.3510

With the change, you have to try and cast them at the start of the fight when you are getting hit the hardest. So you spend all your time casting spirits instead of dodging or attacking. Interrupts and stuns can turn a 4.5 second cast time into 20 or 30 seconds – if at all. I would rather see spirits be made easier to kill with a shorter cast time.

Oh no... my spirits T-T

in Ranger

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

I’m not mad at the downtime. As Wombat already stated, I’m mad at having to summon them before entering a fight, it’s kinda no problem if you can stay safe before entering the fight, but if you get surprised, well this 4.5 seconds to cast 3 spirits can easiliy become 10 seconds of just taking damage.

Oh no... my spirits T-T

in Ranger

Posted by: kekuso.5837

kekuso.5837

Been running with LB for the stealth and knockback to give some breathing room to summon spirits. Also wolf fear

Oh no... my spirits T-T

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I don’t get all the people who cry nerf at this spirit business. It’s only a nerf if you were able to keep your spirits alive for their full duration, and even then, you’re looking at 13 seconds of downtime when they die. That’s not as bad as people claim.

It’s just one more thing on a huge pile of things that never should have been nerfed because they were just fine in PvE & WVW where the vast majority of not just players in general reside… but where most of their Microtransaction patrons reside as well.

Oh no... my spirits T-T

in Ranger

Posted by: Jacks.5367

Jacks.5367

Actually with the recent patch, Spirit is much more viable. In PvP, it will be too long to take down the Spirit but, in PvE or WvW, your spirit cd is much lower. On top of that, your spirit, just like pet, can’t stand burst damage. So they are down pretty quickly.

Though in all honesty, I really hate the long cast time but asking anything more than that will make Ranger to OP.

Oh no... my spirits T-T

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Spirits and minions are two completely different things tbh.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

Oh no... my spirits T-T

in Ranger

Posted by: Killsmith.8169

Killsmith.8169

I have a workaround for the spirit changes in PvE, but I’m afraid that posting it will get it taken out of the game.

(edited by Killsmith.8169)

Oh no... my spirits T-T

in Ranger

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

…will make Ranger to OP.

“Make Ranger” and “OP” in the same sentence? Surely you jest! The only times Rangers have been ‘OP’ has been through community efforts.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Oh no... my spirits T-T

in Ranger

Posted by: showatt.9413

showatt.9413

…will make Ranger to OP.

“Make Ranger” and “OP” in the same sentence? Surely you jest! The only times Rangers have been ‘OP’ has been through community efforts.

BM ranger was quite OP back in the days…maybe you missed the memo or something. I dunno. In any case, the “nerf” isn’t really a nerf at all. If you play smart it’s actually a buff considering all your spirits CD are reduced.

Pop spirits BEFORE you arrive at a control point and you’re sweet.