Old player Ranger lv 80 need help

in Ranger

Posted by: Maniack.2563

Maniack.2563

I was off for a long time and now i come back to this game,i have a lv 80 ranger and i want some help with skills and items and stuff like this,and what i cant do at lv 80 atm?what should i focuse or do in game.Please help me.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Do what you enjoy in the game. If you tell us what that is, we can suggest ways to make your build more efficient at doing it.

in Ranger

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

This will help with skills/gear/etc ^^

in Ranger

Posted by: HotHit.6783

HotHit.6783

For open world PvE, take the time to smell the roses and be sure to complete your personal story and living world season 2. Open World content has 3 different level 80 areas now, Maguuma Wastes, Orr and Southsun and the most optimal method of making money from those isn’t all that large a jump from just mucking about with some old friends in guilds. Even with all the stuff I’m saying below, don’t forget to enjoy the game and the people you’re with.

For other game modes, it’s certainly possible to inform more than just saying sappy stuff. Dungeons and Fractals are in a bit of a weird spot, host your own party “all welcome” or “non-meta” party and get the dungeon master title if you haven’t yet or simply redo the popular dungeons in a non-meta group. If you’re confident you’ve got a firm grasp on the game mechanics, then you should try your hand at the meta groups. Look up some info on it first, youtube has plenty of good videos, it’s not quite as simple as maximise your damage and stand together on corners.

The general Ranger build for speedrun dungeons is full Berserker gear, with Sword/Warhorn and Longbow on weapons swap. If you aren’t comfortable with sword, you can get away with greatsword and offhand axe is useful for the reflect. 6/5/0/3/0 traits give you great damage, but be absolutely certain to take spotter, it’s one of the main reasons we’re able to get into speedrun dungeons. Make sure to take Frost Spirit as well and take Vigorous Spirits in nature magic, as that’s our other unique partywide damage buff. Scholar runes and %damage boost sigils are prefered, but for a budget build a ranger can use Ranger Runes.

I don’t like WvW and I’m no good at PvP, so I can’t say too much on that that’d be useful to you.

Never Fight Alone” – Sunspear Creed
There, it’s dead and it’s never coming back!” – Famous last words