On the fence about stealth..

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotchaz.7865

Gotchaz.7865

Okay so was playing wvwvw for a good while yesterday and I haven’t really found a good use for stealth yet. 1 It’s too short to really run to far. 2: It doesn’t stealth your pet as well which seems dumb since if you see the pet then you know the ranger is around. 3: To many big fights that if you have any sort of condition or damage of any kind you pop ut right away, in fact it doesn’t even go off. It basically does nothing. Since you have to be in combat to use it, you’re either engaged and have dots on you or you shoot someone first, disappear for 3 secs and pop back out to shoot again?

I’ll keep playing with it so far it seems kinda useless, I’ll find something to use it for tho I’m sure

Beowulf-Defender of the JQ Realm and Warrior of the SF clan.

in Ranger

Posted by: FranBunnyFFXII.3508

FranBunnyFFXII.3508

you use the stealth for agro disengage, and damage negate on targeted abilities.

also It does stealth your pet.

I agree its kinda useless.

Franbunny Alice Viera – 25/F/USA
|Aurin Esper|Castanic Archer|Sword Fiona|Norn Ranger|Blood Elf Fire Mage|Togruta Sith|

in Ranger

Posted by: hyjaxxx.1584

hyjaxxx.1584

In regards to your pet not being stealthed. there are a couple solutions.

1) Run guard, in conjunction with the stealth you get you can really do some great positioning.

2) Most people running long bow are also running Jag, so you can stealth it that way.

3) even if you are running, chances are your pet is engaged with the enemy so it doesnt matter if he is visible.

Whoajaxx the Ranger
Re-Port331,331R,DD331,Re-portV
Currently looking for wvw guild@henge

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotchaz.7865

Gotchaz.7865

Yeah I was going to switch to jag but his stealth is longer haha plus hard to give up my dog with fear and my cat with Mighty Might which is pretty sweet and an AOE at that. I was testing the stealth on the dummies in LA and I would stealth by my pet wouldn’t. I’ll have to test it again, you’re right tho for 3 secs dont really need to have the pet stealth as well since it’s so short.

Beowulf-Defender of the JQ Realm and Warrior of the SF clan.

in Ranger

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

It hasn’t proven to be very useful to me either. It only lasts for 3 seconds, so that really only let’s me get about a couple of steps in before I become visible again. Also, my pet never stealths with me; it’s always visible. I wish #3 was kept the same, but had the stealth added to it, rather than the vulnerability taken off. Most people dodge roll through half of our rapid fire anyway so you’re lucky to get 5 stacks of vulnerability on someone. If the arrow is “obstructed” or is “evaded”, then you don’t get stealthed. The arrow has to connect with an enemy for it to work.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

With a very basic crit tank setup (30/10/30/0/0), Steady Aim, Eagle Eye, and Remorseless, using a basic skill rotation of opening with rapid fire and then stealthing into rapid fire is netting me consistent damage outputs of 7.5-9k if every arrow hits. My Sigil of Fire also procs often for about 1.2-1.5k, and while waiting for cooldowns on stealth and rapid fire, you have the option of barraging, knocking back, or just autoattacking, for about another 1k on autoattack and knockback shot, or however much damage you get out of barrages channel.

And that’s with knights armor. You can only imagine how much full berserkers is doing.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Akadai.9561

Akadai.9561

Hunter’s Shot is basically completely useless now with the way I built my ranger. It’s rare for me to even visit the forums, and I usually don’t bother with reading the patch notes unless I’m trying to learn about event stuff, so I didn’t see any of this coming. I used Hunter’s Shot mainly to apply the 10 stacks of vulnerability and used it in a skill rotation I used. But because it no longer adds 10 stacks, and instead applies (what I find useless) 3 sec stealth, which I never needed, it has been completely removed from my skill rotation

The only reason I now use Hunter’s Shot is if I’m shooting at something from great range and want my pet to get to my target quickly, and that’s it. I’m not saying the vulnerability added to Rapid Fire is a bad thing, I’m just saying Hunter’s Shot is completely useless to me now. I might find a situation where stealth might come in handy, but with my play style, that will be extreamly rare

Once your pet has engaged the target, most mobs will completely ignore you (the player) and your pet will do the tanking. There’s just no need to stealth. It is now the only bow skill (both LB and SB) I find pointless in PvE. I’m not much of a PvPer so I can’t speak on that level

I can ‘maybe’ see it useful when I solo champions and the champ decides to ignore my pet, but soloing champions isn’t something I actively seek out to do

in Ranger

Posted by: Paz Shadow.9715

Paz Shadow.9715

Hunters shot is amazing now for getting into you own keeps/towers when there is a zerg in your way… pop that stealth, ppl can’t find you and lock onto you and you can just walk right in.

Green Eye of Grenth | PR Officer | JQ

in Ranger

Posted by: BaronSolace.6831

BaronSolace.6831

most thief stealth skills only also last for 3 seconds….why all the complaints…the only skill that lasts longer is shadow refuge and only because its stacking 3 seconds of stealth over time

in Ranger

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I like the fact it deselects targeting on you, so opponents constantly after reselect you as a target.

Rather like it in WvW…in PvE stealths not so good anyway, that’s why some thieves moan, the ai is just happy to wait out the stealth then attack you anyway…

in Ranger

Posted by: racta.4250

racta.4250

Its extremely useful. I’ll list a few uses I’ve used so far:

ANYTIME: Offensively to put vuln on (and get another crit when they fix that). Stealth stomp. Stealth rez. Break target and let your pet dps while you relocate.

LARGE SCALE FIGHT: Escaping the notice of a pack of players (use at low health or when they target you). Escaping from that thief which just loves to stealth fight in a chaotic melee. Creeping up on a enemy on the outskirts of the fight. Getting through a chokepoint. If you get separated from your group and you need to quickly get back to them.

SMALL SCALE FIGHT: Break targetting. Use when enemies are training on you. When enemy is about to use big combo. Start the fight with it so they don’t know which direction you are coming from. Use to close the distance.

Just a few WvW uses that I’ve in a few hours playing with it. Biggest issue is to break myself of the habit of using #3 as an opener. That will come in time.

Racta
[Bush] – Dragonbrand

in Ranger

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

The new Hunter’s Shot rework is one of the best buffs Anet has given Rangers in some time.

The number of situations and encounters in which the new mechanic is useful are endless (and yes, that includes PvE, but less so than other venues). In the hands of a skilled player, the new stealth mechanic is a most welcome addition to anyone that enjoys longbow play.

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by Ision.3207)

in Ranger

Posted by: Daze.6914

Daze.6914

“Biggest issue is to break myself of the habit of using #3 as an opener. That will come in time.”

Eheh same here, no more sistematic 3-2. For the rest I totally agree.
The problem however is always the same: comparing the same build or skill in PvE, WvW and PvP has no sense at all. If I were a PvE player I wouldn’t be so happy but since I only do WvW having this new ability is a total blast.

War Inc. Community [WIC]
Far Shiverpeaks
GW2 WvW - GW2 Gem Price

(edited by Daze.6914)

in Ranger

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I’m on the fence too. Maybe I’ll grow to like it. But it would be much better if it stealthed you regardless of if you hit.

in Ranger

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

“Biggest issue is to break myself of the habit of using #3 as an opener. That will come in time.”

Eheh same here, no more sistematic 3-2. For the rest I totally agree.
The problem however is always the same: comparing the same build or skill in PvE, WvW and PvP has no sense at all. If I were a PvE player I wouldn’t be so happy but since I only do WvW having this new ability is a total blast.

You wouldn’t believe the amount of times, I tried to open with #3 yesterday…
On a second thought, I suppose, you would.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in Ranger

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

I was already a longbow user so I welcome this new change. I love it and have found so many uses for it. Quickness stealth stomping is so fun.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir