One Big Problem With Pets - Anet Fix This Bug

in Ranger

Posted by: Johnny.1634

Johnny.1634

As rangers we have several abilities and traits that give our pets quickness.

Quickening Zephyr
Zephyr’s Speed
“We Heal As One”
Fortifying Bond
+Strider’s Defense
+Instinctive Reaction
+Instinctive Engage
+Live Fast

But for those who don’t know, currently quickness will only increase the attack speed of regular attacks from devourer, spider, smokescale, bristleback or wyvern pets. On any other pet, quickness does not increase regular attack speed.

That’s 41 out of 52 of our pets that gain nothing from quickness!
I’ve only tested two of the new pets, the Sand Lion and Cheetah, and they aren’t affected either.

This further reduces the chances of people picking up pets that are already considered under powered compare to top tier pets.
In PvP our targets are obviously alot more mobile than PvE so getting hits in fast is VERY important. But the majority of our pets attack too slow and therefore don’t manage to hit anything for the most part, and quickness would help this quite abit.

Zephyr’s Speed is a great idea of a trait! Switch out your pet and give it quickness, allowing it to use those essential abilities like dazes and knockdowns right when you need them…except it fails to work when your pet doesn’t benefit from a powerful boon that your specialized in pumping out.

Its a MAJOR PROBLEM to anyone specializing in Beast Mastery, because it really hinders what we can pull off with our pet and with our Ranger as a whole. Putting traits into this line lowers our Rangers damage/survivability compare to other trait lines. And when you do throw your traits in here, you need that increased reaction time and damage, when your giving up so much. Those Taunts/Blinds with F2 are sometimes essential to get off. And when you have a Grandmaster trait that gives your pet such a powerful boon and it doesn’t even affect it, its extremely frustrating for one, underwhelming, and unhelpful.

I have been pushing this for ages, now please fix this Anet. Give our pets some love for once.

in Ranger

Posted by: TheUndying.7213

TheUndying.7213

Please fix this!

in Ranger

Posted by: Luna Ataegina.3289

Luna Ataegina.3289

I hope this is fixed if it is actually this way. Luckily I use the smokescale and wyvern…

in Ranger

Posted by: Johnny.2681

Johnny.2681

I can’t believe I never realized this!!! But i tested it out and its true!
Ive been rolling most of these traits forever too…
Please fix this! My wolves need quickness

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Pretty sure tiger gets an attack increase though I doubt it’s a full 50% IAS.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Johnny.1634

No, sadly. I wish it did, but using Tiger for raids is a big reason I wish it worked.
Its been tested thoroughly by myself as well as other players, the bug is even listed in wiki itself.
The only pets affected by quickness are the few I already mentioned.

in Ranger

Posted by: StarSource.4170

StarSource.4170

Please fix this !

in Ranger

Johnny.1634

Clearly this isn’t just an issue for Beastmasters but all Rangers in general, as a pet consists of up to 30% of a rangers damage (depending on the pet) and a rangers strongest CC skills.

in Ranger

Posted by: Laniya.9520

Laniya.9520

So many of the pets are grossly underpowered. Thats why I mainly stick with the HoT pets. So many things about Ranger that needs love. This is your chance Arnet to take the Soulbeast and do something fantatastic for us. It has great potential. There are some really good suggestions on this forum I hope they read and take heed of.

in Ranger

Johnny.1634

So many of the pets are grossly underpowered. Thats why I mainly stick with the HoT pets. So many things about Ranger that needs love. This is your chance Arnet to take the Soulbeast and do something fantatastic for us. It has great potential. There are some really good suggestions on this forum I hope they read and take heed of.

Yes it really is a shame and this bug makes the majority of pets even weaker, along with many of our skill and trait options.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

No, sadly. I wish it did, but using Tiger for raids is a big reason I wish it worked.
Its been tested thoroughly by myself as well as other players, the bug is even listed in wiki itself.
The only pets affected by quickness are the few I already mentioned.

This is actually a major bug, and since it’s hard a hard one to track if you don’t actually go in and look for issues with quickness, no wonder it haven’t been reported more, especially since it “only” seems to affect pets autoattack, quickness boosted F2 works just fine afaik (been a while since I used it).

It’s been listed to not affect pets regular attacks in the wiki since August 31, 2016, but may have been around since release, I can’t really remember.

It’s about time the devs look into it.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Johnny.1634

Yes sadly it really is a bug that has been going on for years now and that not many players even know about trying to spread as much awareness as I can, and suggest everyone else do the same

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Someone on reddit should probably post about it, it seems there’s a greater chance for it to be picked up by a dev over there.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Johnny.1634

Jacaranda is affected by quickness, can’t seem to test out the others yet.
2 left to figure out

in Ranger

Johnny.1634

Thread up in the new forums regrading this bug, keep it bumped up to help spread awareness and yes if anyone has reddit it would be great to post it there too.
This bug needs to be sorted out asap