One condi cleanse beside GM trait not enough

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Well there also is Healing spring but that’s about it. Signet of Reneval removes 1 condi every 10 sec. The GM trait in 30 WS removes 3. Seriously? This is pretty much the reason why BM is the only truely viable spec right now. Needs a change.

They either have to add condition removal traits in some of the other lines or they have to add this aspect to more utility skills.

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

I wish we had a pet that could throw down a light field, that would be really useful for condition removal. (Light field + Projectile finisher = remove condition). Maybe a Care Bear? :p

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in Ranger

Posted by: Semil.8279

Semil.8279

Projectile finishers through a light field only cleanse people near the path of the arrow.

As I understand it, even if you stand in the field you won’t cleanse yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

The truth is that many classes in this game could go for more condition removal and/or more active, and therefore controllable, condition removal.

If I were to suggest even a minor change, it would be that either Empathic Bond or the active of Signet of Renewal needs to apply regen to the pet. That way, the pet is able to deal with the conditions it obtains a bit better, and doesn’t get melted because it pulled the most damaging conditions to itself with a low health pool (that you can’t control with empathic bond at least, and would probably tell it not to with low health) and insta-died.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Doomsayer.8250

Doomsayer.8250

I always found it strange that Rangers, masters of the wild, are so susceptible to conditions.

Maybe they could make Heal as One remove a condition or two as well as heal. Might make it a more attractive option as a heal skill.

in Ranger

Posted by: awge.3852

awge.3852

Would the addition of a more available condition removal option prove a balance issue for other professions or gameplay? I think if we can prove a way thakitten won’t then we can pass this into the devs for future changes. In my experience, they like to give each professions its strong and weak points.

Mon Fils — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Blackgate
Ranger’s guide to PvP/WvW: http://tinyurl.com/oht3e9z

in Ranger

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

The icing on the cake is most of them pull to your pet so it takes massive amounts of snares and damage making it even easier to kite.

They should be drawn to pet and converted to boons.

in Ranger

awge.3852

The icing on the cake is most of them pull to your pet so it takes massive amounts of snares and damage making it even easier to kite.

Now that is a good suggestion. As far as I am aware necromancer and guardian have similar options of positively handling conditions, why does ranger have to negatively handle them if our pet is so vital according to ANet?

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

Now that is a good suggestion. As far as I am aware necromancer and guardian have similar options of positively handling conditions, why does ranger have to negatively handle them if our pet is so vital according to ANet?

This is something we’ve been suggesting in the forums for months, I doubt it will ever happen. I’d even be content with conditions being cleansed from you and your pet, but I doubt that will ever happen either. Awful, awful mechanic, we’re the only class that actually suffers to wipe a condition.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in Ranger

awge.3852

This is something we’ve been suggesting in the forums for months, I doubt it will ever happen. I’d even be content with conditions being cleansed from you and your pet, but I doubt that will ever happen either. Awful, awful mechanic, we’re the only class that actually suffers to wipe a condition.

Played in WvW yesterday and realized that if I died, it was mostly due to those conditions, it was such a pain and the build that I am running is very efficient but it lacks on condition removal. Are there other options that will help here and not affect your build so much? Food perhaps?

in Ranger

Posted by: Arpheus.6918

Arpheus.6918

Yes there is:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Lemongrass_Poultry_Soup

If you use melandru runes too thats decent against conditions.

in Ranger

Posted by: Seda Khold.5428

Seda Khold.5428

I use a generosity sigil on my shortbow for this very reason. I like it a lot.