Oppression of the Ranger Class

in Ranger

Posted by: bielerad.7263

bielerad.7263

So I’ve been playing a Ranger pretty steady for about a month.
In any MMO I’ve played Rangers have always been my favorite class, ever since everquest and everquest 2. I love the whole woodsman/outdoorish archer class. I’ve never had any issues with the play style and I love archery.

Guild Wars 2 however seems to hate Rangers and have passed this on to the players of GW2. Especially the elitists and their extreme narcissism.

No one will do fractals or dungeons. My favorite things to do. I’m often kicked out of groups for no reasons, made fun of, called names even if I’m doing better at DPS or surviving in the dungeons than say, a warrior or necro.

Am I alone here with the unfair disadvantage Guild Wars 2 and Arena Net has put on the ranger?
Fix it maybe?

in Ranger

Posted by: mahariel.4981

mahariel.4981

The reason there is a stigma towards rangers is because almost all of them are longbow/shortbow with bear pet, which is basically worst DPS weapon paired with worst DPS pet.

The more of you who start taking sword/warhorn and feline pets in to dungeons, the faster you’ll clear the ranger stigma.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) | [LOD]
Morrï Mahariel | Serah Mahariel | Morrï
A bunch of amateur solos from yours truly

in Ranger

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

I have not even attempted to get groups for dungeons and fractals, because I know in advance that I will not be welcome.

Actually mahariel I have been using sword warhorn in the few dungeon runs I been in, swapping with short or longbow depending on the situation. Never used bears, but canine… not felines granted, but at least not the bear.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

in Ranger

bielerad.7263

kicked from every party for dungeons all day just because i’m a ranger…. Thanks Guild Wars 2 team.

in Ranger

bielerad.7263

I use shortbow mostly and lizards b/c they can take hits well. I poison/bleed everything nicely.

in Ranger

Posted by: JVJD.4912

JVJD.4912

yeah rangers but even necros and engineers gets the kick sometimes

in Ranger

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’ve done a lot of dungeons on my ranger and never had a problem getting into groups. In my experience it’s only people looking to do speed runs who don’t want rangers.

I always look for groups with descriptions like ‘everyone welcome’, ‘casual run’ or ‘no skipping’ which implies (or sometimes actually says) they don’t care what profession or build you’re using. If I don’t see one I make my own group (which will say everyone welcome) which is doubly effective because then they can see I’m a ranger before joining.

It usually only takes a few minutes for the group to fill up and I’ve never been kicked out of a group I’ve joined, or even been asked to switch characters.

(Importantly I also use cats/moas and shortbow + sword/torch and I know how to dodge and stay out of AoE. But they won’t know that until we start and the OP seems to be talking about being kicked before then.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Ranger

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

Also keep in mind that they were inadvertently nerfed to all hell. Last I heard ANet have acknowledged that there is a serious problem but are unsure how to fix it (the rangers do have a very productive thread with some ideas – you should chime in there if you have any constructive feedback).

Players want to be able to “press 1; get loot” and taking a ranger along means that they may actually have to play the game in order to get their loot. Get into a social PvE guild and you will have less problems with min-maxing PUG trash – I run all my dungeons with a longbow/bear ranger from my guild; and if the kitten hits the fan he usually soloes the boss. So there’s that.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

(edited by zamalek.2154)

in Ranger

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

I have not even attempted to get groups for dungeons and fractals, because I know in advance that I will not be welcome.

Actually mahariel I have been using sword warhorn in the few dungeon runs I been in, swapping with short or longbow depending on the situation. Never used bears, but canine… not felines granted, but at least not the bear.

Are you full zerker with scholar runes etc.? Do you also use Frost Spirit utility & Spotter Trait? These are usually what people look for during the first encounter aside from S/W weaponset.

Most teams want you in melee range ALL the time too. It’s because of boon range, you’re too far to give them boons/buffs and you’re too far to benefit from theirs if you’re on bow (plus 1h sword does the most damage). Consider having dagger on offhand swap instead of a bow.

Aside from that, if you’re being kicked as soon as you join and before they see you with a s/w are you making sure you’re not joining groups looking for specific classes only? If not, then it’s probably being a ranger + low achievement points that’s getting you kicked.

in Ranger

bielerad.7263

I was and was too squishy and not doing as much damage as I do now as condition damage with a short bow. I do much more dmg with a short bow and am able to survive a lot better than if i do the zerker thing that everyone is so focused on.

this whole biased play style against rangers is absolutely ridiculous.

in Ranger

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

The solution is simple, make your own listings for parties.

There is absolutely no difference between that and joining a party. Clearly state that you’re not looking to finish the run in the fastest possible time you can. Also if you’re not familiar to the path etc. This will avoid almost all reasons someone gets kicked whether it be a guard/warr or a necro/ranger/eng

(edited by Izaya.2906)

in Ranger

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Never had an issue with my ranger, but I also make my own groups if I want to hit a dungeon. I also usually find myself with more AP’s than the average user, so maybe that quiets their dislike in my ranger. Or that I also have GWAMM.

Either way, let the so called “elitist” have their own groups, and start your own. Ranger is a tough class to manage efficiently, but I like being the “underdog”.

in Ranger

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Rule #1: Play with your friends. Friends don’t care what class you play, they play with you for fun.

There is no Rule #2 for Rangers in Dungeons.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Ranger

mahariel.4981

I was and was too squishy and not doing as much damage as I do now as condition damage with a short bow. I do much more dmg with a short bow and am able to survive a lot better than if i do the zerker thing that everyone is so focused on.

Sorry, but speed clearers aren’t interested in carrying bearbows, or any ranged player full stop. Bearbows get kicked from my groups as quickly as warriors with longbows.

So if you actually make an effort to be useful (spoiler alert – condition damage isn’t useful), welcome aboard.

Otherwise, stop wasting the time of speed clearers.

in Ranger

Antara.3189

Sorry, but speed clearers aren’t interested in carrying bearbows, or any ranged player full stop. Bearbows get kicked from my groups as quickly as warriors with longbows.

So if you actually make an effort to be useful (spoiler alert – condition damage isn’t useful), welcome aboard.

Note to OP: ^ These are the groups to avoid.

There are many helpful, friendly groups out there, just have to find them. Ignore the rest

in Ranger

Posted by: Cassocaster.4576

Cassocaster.4576

I play a ranger with a longbow/great sword combo. I use a snow leopard and a desert spider (AoE poison from range as well as immobilize) as my pets, run ranger runes and a roamer build with knights armor and celestial trinkets. I find that my pets draw aggro because they attack anything that attacks me, even when selecting avoid combat. I think people get upset about rangers because of the lack of control of the pet when tripping that aggro from the mob spawn in dungeons.

I understand the misconception that rangers seem to own, a misconception that was placed upon them by the owners of hammer guardians/warriors or other high DPS toons. We’re squishy, we cannot one shot someone to death, our pets lure the dungeon mobs….kitten that, we’re complex and require time to learn to play. We cannot just mash our 1 button followed by F1, we have to kite, cripple, immobilize and stun our way to victory. We are NOT squishy.

My ranger has toughness of almost 2K and with sharpening stones I get my power over 3000 (3070 in an 80 zone, to be exact). I have good survivability (HP is 23K for medium armor toon, that’s higher than my leveled guardian with heavy armor), I can immobilize with entangle and muddy terrain, my pet can res me and healing spring is absolutely the best heal that exists because it’s AoE and removes up to 5 conditions.

With the longbow, rangers are the only class that can volley over a wall in WvW to destroy siege or hit rivals at up to 1500 units, if traited. Throwing that volley into a zerg with my superior sigil of fire provides a high chance of putting cripple and burns onto numerous targets at once (25 to be exact and my crit chance is over 50% unbuffed, crit dmg is 55% unbuffed, again, level 80 zone).

if people took the time, learned their class and traited it to the builds that are out there, the misconception would be proved incorrect but as another posted, people build the cookie cutter ranger and wonder why they get booted or why the stereotype persists. Don’t let others decide your ranger is not worth the space in the party, it does, even if it’s your party you’re creating.

in Ranger

Posted by: LittleLepton.8915

LittleLepton.8915

There are many helpful, friendly groups out there, just have to find them. Ignore the rest

For the record, Mahariel constantly teaches newbies how to do Arah and other dungeons. He is the type of person, OP, that you should be happy to learn from.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

in Ranger

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I like shortbow, longbow, and sword/warhorn on my ranger(s) (actually have 2). I also like using procine, moa, drake, or spider families for my pets….depending on situation and need.

The best advice is probably just to play with your friends. Most PuGs are full of kittens, it’s sad but it’s true.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Ranger

Antara.3189

For the record, Mahariel constantly teaches newbies how to do Arah and other dungeons. He is the type of person, OP, that you should be happy to learn from.

That may be true, but he fails to state such, and only degrades those who are unaware or unexperienced with the Ranger class. Not only is that post disrespectful, it certainly didn’t help the OP in his question.

in Ranger

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Actually based on that bolded line, no he is not the type of person one should learn from. That type of attitude is part of the issue, not part of the solution, and generally such narrow perspectives are more hindrance than help.

in Ranger

LittleLepton.8915

That may be true, but he fails to state such, and only degrades those who are unaware or unexperienced with the Ranger class. Not only is that post disrespectful, it certainly didn’t help the OP in his question.

The OPs post does not come off as a question. It is a statement. The ranger class is oppressed. That’s his conjecture.

Mahariel and others know how to make rangers not oppressed. That information was given, stomped on by people who don’t know what they’re talking about, and then he was personally insulted by another forumer.

Don’t tell me that his post was insulting. Look at the posts of those people you agree with and maybe you’ll see the true cancer of this forum.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

in Ranger

Antara.3189

Actually based on that bolded line, no he is not the type of person one should learn from. That type of attitude is part of the issue, not part of the solution, and generally such narrow perspectives are more hindrance than help.

Now I would recommend learning from someone such as Lanfear, who not only provides a helpful answer, but is respectful to said person as well.

in Ranger

LittleLepton.8915

I would posit that encouraging a newbie to waste gold and time on gear and strategies that are not efficient or as good (I’m assuming that he does not want to spend hours in a single dungeon) is a terrible thing and you should get in trouble for griefing.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

in Ranger

mahariel.4981

I have told the OP why rangers are oppressed. I have now had mediocre players tell me how their [size]bow + [pet] build is good for groups despite it irrefutably dealing less damage than a sword/warhorn ranger with spotter and frost spirit.

Want to call me rude? Go ahead? Not interested in learning from me? Sure. But it’s the very people like yourselves who are responsible for rangers being hated. So clearly you’re not interested in improving the average player’s perception of your class and reducing the amount of discrimination directed at them.

in Ranger

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I would posit that encouraging a newbie to waste gold and time on gear and strategies that are not efficient or as good (I’m assuming that he does not want to spend hours in a single dungeon) is a terrible thing and you should get in trouble for griefing.

This implies that all people play for the same reasons you do… to do the content in the fastest, more efficient means possible. However, it’s downright foolish to assume such. Some people play simply to play, and therefore have just as much right to play how they please as you do. So what if it’s not the most efficient, or provides the most DPS. If the group as a whole is enjoying itself (after all, this is supposed to be a game about the ‘journey’ not the ‘destination’ as I keep being told), then what is the issue?

in Ranger

Antara.3189

The OPs post does not come off as a question. It is a statement. The ranger class is oppressed. That’s his conjecture.

Mahariel and others know how to make rangers not oppressed. That information was given, stomped on by people who don’t know what they’re talking about, and then he was personally insulted by another forumer.

Don’t tell me that his post was insulting. Look at the posts of those people you agree with and maybe you’ll see the true cancer of this forum.

The OP presented a statement on how he/she has been griefed by playing a Ranger, he/she then proceeds to ask a general question on if anyone sees or has this issue. I will quote:

“Am I alone here with the unfair disadvantage Guild Wars 2 and Arena Net has put on the ranger?"

I am neither agreeing or dissagreeing with posters above me, but stating how I perceive the situation that he/she is having. There are others who are also trying to do such. Providing an answer on the terms of why rangers are not accepted and solutions to change that problem in a constructive manner are different than the post we have highlighted which states to change build or “get out of speedcleares way”.

There’s nothing helpful or respectful about that, regardless on how it’s sugarcoated.

(edited by Antara.3189)

in Ranger

LittleLepton.8915

This implies that all people play for the same reasons you do… to do the content in the fastest, more efficient means possible. However, it’s downright foolish to assume such. Some people play simply to play, and therefore have just as much right to play how they please as you do. So what if it’s not the most efficient, or provides the most DPS. If the group as a whole is enjoying itself (after all, this is supposed to be a game about the ‘journey’ not the ‘destination’ as I keep being told), then what is the issue?

He’s asking for people to accept rangers into their groups.

Because the majority of people do not want to spend more time than they need to in a dungeon (sure you can say that not everyone wants to play that way, but the majority DO) a way to stop the oppression of rangers is to have more rangers accept that their bows and bears are not as good as their other options.

Facts and logic, mmk?

Antara, rangers are not in the worst place in dungeons as long as they build their character how it is best optimized. He’s not being griefed. And Mahariel and others have given solutions to the bad perception of rangers. No one listens.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

(edited by LittleLepton.8915)

in Ranger

Cassocaster.4576

Why, exactly, is it a waste to give advice? He doesn’t have to take it, that’s his choice. If you’re a speed clearer, I understand why you posited such a helpful statement but if you want a versatile class in AND outside of dungeons or play solo in PvE or WvW, I promise that your big strong DPS machine won’t be worth kitten unless you get close to actually hit the ranger who will have crippled you and made your hammer worthless.

in Ranger

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I have told the OP why rangers are oppressed. I have now had mediocre players tell me how their [size]bow + [pet] build is good for groups despite it irrefutably dealing less damage than a sword/warhorn ranger with spotter and frost spirit.

Want to call me rude? Go ahead? Not interested in learning from me? Sure. But it’s the very people like yourselves who are responsible for rangers being hated. So clearly you’re not interested in improving the average player’s perception of your class and reducing the amount of discrimination directed at them.

I am simply not one that prescribes to the rabid belief that there is only one ‘correct’ way of playing a class. Which is essentially what you just said. Such narrow views of a class, and inflexibility are part of the issue being discussed, not part of the solution.

Forcing players into cookie cutter molds does not help in the slightest. Instead it simply reinforces the mentality that such discrimination and segregarity is acceptable, when in fact it is not.

in Ranger

LanfearShadowflame.3189

But most people automatically assume the ranger is terrible without giving them a chance. That’s the issue here, and he’s simply pointing out that while yes some do suck, not all do and not all should be automatically rejected based on the failings of others.

Because the majority of people do not want to spend more time than they need to in a dungeon (sure you can say that not everyone wants to play that way, but the majority DO)

Ah yes… the whole ‘must get the cookie noooooooooow’ mentality that has infected so many. Gods forbid you take 5 or even 10 more minutes. You might miss a shiny you could have gotten because you had time for ‘just 1 more run.’ Such mentality is a disease.

in Ranger

Antara.3189

Personal attacks aside, in no way shape or form did I state I do not want to improve the Quality of Life (QoL) for players having troubles with the Ranger. I do howerver think they should be aware that there are many players out there who have also seen the issues, but have helpful solutions to help mitigate the issue at hand. This does not involve a “change it or get kicked” philosophy however, but moreso an explanation on how “x” works more efficiently than “y”.

in Ranger

mahariel.4981

Segregation is acceptable when people are not meeting the criteria of a speed run, which is generally experience and an efficient build.

Same again with casual runs, segregating speed clearers like myself from more relaxed players is perfectly acceptable, because the two groups are incompatible.

I am trying to tell you rangers can become more accepted in to the PUG meta, but you are all instead trying to justify your leeching playstyles, demonstrating that you must enjoy being discriminated against because of the lack of effort you are making to remedy the issue.

Personal attacks aside, in no way shape or form did I state I do not want to improve the Quality of Life (QoL) for players having troubles with the Ranger. I do howerver think they should be aware that there are many players out there who have also seen the issues, but have helpful solutions to help mitigate the issue at hand. This does not involve a “change it or get kicked” philosophy however, but moreso an explanation on how “x” works more efficiently than “y”.

tl;dr melee weapons are higher DPS, feline pets are higher DPS than bears, that is why you should use them.

in Ranger

LittleLepton.8915

Why, exactly, is it a waste to give advice? He doesn’t have to take it, that’s his choice. If you’re a speed clearer, I understand why you posited such a helpful statement but if you want a versatile class in AND outside of dungeons or play solo in PvE or WvW, I promise that your big strong DPS machine won’t be worth kitten unless you get close to actually hit the ranger who will have crippled you and made your hammer worthless.

Have 2 sets of gear. Done.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

in Ranger

Antara.3189

Apologies to the OP, who’s post might become deleted do to derogative comments in this thread.

in Ranger

LittleLepton.8915

But most people automatically assume the ranger is terrible without giving them a chance. That’s the issue here, and he’s simply pointing out that while yes some do suck, not all do and not all should be automatically rejected based on the failings of others.

Because the majority of people do not want to spend more time than they need to in a dungeon (sure you can say that not everyone wants to play that way, but the majority DO)

Ah yes… the whole ‘must get the cookie noooooooooow’ mentality that has infected so many. Gods forbid you take 5 or even 10 more minutes. You might miss a shiny you could have gotten because you had time for ‘just 1 more run.’ Such mentality is a disease.

You know what mentality is a disease? One that doesn’t get having a run last 10 minutes longer can actually be too much for a player like myself, with a family, house, job, etc. so stop telling me that that time doesn’t matter, because it matters to me, and other people who don’t have all the time in the world.

Also, it isn’t usually 10 minutes. If I run with an optimized group versus a free for all, on average, it’s about an hour longer.

Stop telling me false information. Stop spreading the real disease.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

in Ranger

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

So I’ve been playing a Ranger pretty steady for about a month.
In any MMO I’ve played Rangers have always been my favorite class, ever since everquest and everquest 2. I love the whole woodsman/outdoorish archer class. I’ve never had any issues with the play style and I love archery.

Guild Wars 2 however seems to hate Rangers and have passed this on to the players of GW2. Especially the elitists and their extreme narcissism.

Don’t know how the actual state of Rangers in EQ2 is these days, but when i played (until RoK) everybody there also thought tha SOE hates Rangers.
All the problems we had there with arrows alone .. then that we needed to manually change weapons in melee range .. and we didn’t even had pets to tank for us.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Ranger

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

It’s because half the idiots think “Ranger” means you have to camp at range with a bow.

Spoilers: they’re called Rangers because they roam the plains, not because they are supposed to be an archer archetype.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Ranger

Posted by: Daesyn.4781

Daesyn.4781

I actually laughed a little at this entire thread. I don’t play a ranger, but do you people not see the problem with the fact that Rangers have to use a very specific weapon set and pet combo just to do a “decent” (which, apparently, is still pretty laughable compared to most other classes) amount of damage? AFAIK, no other class gets kittened this hard.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Consider the impact of personality type on the PUG-meta.

I have no problem running with speed groups or casual clears, but I don’t much enjoy starting groups, so I’m not regularly adding “Casual run, all classes welcome” entries to the group finder tool to be found.

I wonder if speed runners are just more aggressive about starting groups than casual players are, which puts a bias on the types of groups people stumble into.

Spoilers: they’re called Rangers because they roam the plains, not because they are supposed to be an archer archetype.

Spoilers: The class description on the character creation screen is TELLING PEOPLE that fighting from range is what the class is about. Its terribly misleading.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

(edited by Nike.2631)

in Ranger

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Segregation is acceptable when people are not meeting the criteria of a speed run, which is generally experience and an efficient build.

Same again with casual runs, segregating speed clearers like myself from more relaxed players is perfectly acceptable, because the two groups are incompatible.

I am trying to tell you rangers can become more accepted in to the PUG meta, but you are all instead trying to justify your leeching playstyles, demonstrating that you must enjoy being discriminated against because of the lack of effort you are making to remedy the issue.

And the bolded word choices say volumes about you as a person.

While I have no issues with speed clearers running with speed clearers, and the more casual players playing with other casual players, it’s how you’ve repeatedly ‘offered’ your ‘advice’ that speaks to your intolerance and inflexibility.

Besides, the OP was discussing dungeoning in general, not speed clears specifically.

in Ranger

LittleLepton.8915

I actually laughed a little at this entire thread. I don’t play a ranger, but do you people not see the problem with the fact that Rangers have to use a very specific weapon set and pet combo just to do a “decent” (which, apparently, is still pretty laughable compared to most other classes) amount of damage? AFAIK, no other class gets kittened this hard.

Necro. In pve anyway

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

in Ranger

LittleLepton.8915

I have no problem running with speed groups or casual clears, but I don’t much enjoy starting groups, so I’m not regularly adding “Casual run, all classes welcome” entries to the group finder tool to be found.

I wonder if speed runners are just more aggressive about starting groups than casual players are, which puts a bias on the types of groups people stumble into.

Most speed runners have set groups or guilds to run with, I think.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

in Ranger

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Necro. In pve anyway

Yeah… my two original classes.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Ranger

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

If that were true, people wouldn’t be blundering into groups with them and getting kicked.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Ranger

LittleLepton.8915

Necro. In pve anyway

Yeah… my two original classes.

That’s harsh. I just leveled a ranger because I like to RP with it.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

in Ranger

LittleLepton.8915

If that were true, people wouldn’t be blundering into groups with them and getting kicked.

I think you’re mistaking a speed run with a general pug speed run, which is actually very rarely optimized.

You don’t know me.

#LilithFan#1

in Ranger

Cassocaster.4576

To the OP, trust in your decision to run the ranger. Learn the ranger, get every juvenile pet you can get your hands on, try them out. Build different trait lines, try multiple equipment and remember it should be fun. Try and look at the positive aspects of your class and then exploit them using various options in equipment/weaponry. It’s truly up to the rangers to change the public perception of the class, not the other way around.

I apologize for getting snarky to you LittleLepton, I should have bitten my tongue. Having 2 sets of end game gear can be difficult to afford for some people but you do have a good point there, it allows for more versatility.

in Ranger

mahariel.4981

Is it also a problem that warriors are required to run at least a mainhand axe to do decent damage? Of course not, stop trying to make out rangers are the only class who are expected to be using certain weapons.

And the bolded word choices say volumes about you as a person.
While I have no issues with speed clearers running with speed clearers, and the more casual players playing with other casual players, it’s how you’ve repeatedly ‘offered’ your ‘advice’ that speaks to your intolerance and inflexibility.
Besides, the OP was discussing dungeoning in general, not speed clears specifically.

And I am telling them why rangers are booted. If you’re getting repeatedly kicked for being a bearbow, the answer is not to carry on being a bearbow, it’s to learn why and take the advice on board. If you’ve then decided you want to carry on running a leech build, just make sure to join casual runs or guild runs instead since they’ll either be oblivious or just not care.

in Ranger

LanfearShadowflame.3189

You know what mentality is a disease? One that doesn’t get having a run last 10 minutes longer can actually be too much for a player like myself, with a family, house, job, etc. so stop telling me that that time doesn’t matter, because it matters to me, and other people who don’t have all the time in the world.

Also, it isn’t usually 10 minutes. If I run with an optimized group versus a free for all, on average, it’s about an hour longer.

Stop telling me false information. Stop spreading the real disease.

10 minutes is not the end of the world though. I’m married, have a family, have a full time career, a home to take care of, and pets. I know the value of time. I only get to play an hour or two a night, if I am lucky. However, I also know the value of not stressing out over every little thing and taking the time to enjoy what I’m doing.

The ‘must have it now’ ‘must do it as fast as possible’ views are the disease, and not just in the game. Look at what it doing to the world around us, where we ‘must’ cram everything we possibly can into the shortest amount of time. Heart attacks happening from stress at younger and younger ages. Fast food becoming more and more prevalent in the typical diet, instead of actual healthy home cooked meals. The list goes on, but you should get my point.

If your group is that bad that it is taking that much longer, then no amount of optimization is going to help those people. At which point, you’re better off just finding other people to play with.

in Ranger

Posted by: Daesyn.4781

Daesyn.4781

Necro. In pve anyway

When it comes to weapon choices for a decent amount of DPS (for their class, not compared to other classes) they have a better range of availability in PvE. Yes, they have an overall DPS problem, but it’s pretty balanced out regardless of weapon choice (few exceptions).

From what I’ve seen Ranger damage pretty much sucks unless you use sword+feline.