Orbs or Runes (for dungeons)?

in Ranger

Posted by: Nanashi.5704

Nanashi.5704

Right now i’m running with Ruby orbs in my stuff and it works out well, it has a nice mix of power/precision/critical damage which works for those heavy hits.
But would a rune set, say Scholar or Ranger, work better? Or maybe a 2×2×2 combo that I’m not thinking of? Or are the orbs the best way to go.

in Ranger

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

I’m currently using runes of the ranger so I can reach roughly 95% crit chance with fury, spotter and sigil of perception. And by running double drakes (or devourers) I will have the +5% dmg boost pretty much all the time.

Scholar is pretty gimmicky since you need to be able to stay above 90% hp in order for them to be more effective than the ruby orbs.

in Ranger

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I’m currently using runes of the ranger so I can reach roughly 95% crit chance with fury, spotter and sigil of perception. And by running double drakes (or devourers) I will have the +5% dmg boost pretty much all the time.

Scholar is pretty gimmicky since you need to be able to stay above 90% hp in order for them to be more effective than the ruby orbs.

As far as I know the bonus for the sixth rune is active even if your pet is downed. I checked the wiki to be sure, and they have it listed that way also.

For those that don’t know the calculation for damage is

Base direct damage is given by the following equation:

Damage done = (weapon damage + Power) * (skill-specific coefficient) / (target’s Armor)

Then it’s modified by crit, glancing, vulnerability, etc

If people don’t understand that, it’s simply that damage increases stack multiplicative with each other.

So if you had say 5% from this, and 10% from full endurance, 5% from a force sigil it would be

1.05*1.1*1.05 = 1.213 instead of 1.2 you would expect. In this way if you can stack more

5% forceful, 5% great sword damage, 10% full endurance, 10% flanking, 5% from a boon
you get 1.05*1.05*1.1*1.1*1.05=1.4 for 40% increase instead of 35% increase. So you get 5% more damage from it. The more flat damage increases you can get the higher that will go.

(edited by GSSBlunaspike.4153)