Our Pets and conditions

Our Pets and conditions

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Rewriting this because it ended up a wall of text.

We need the ability to monitor our pets boons/conditions.

We need the ability to cleanse conditions from our pets reliably (almost all forms of condition removal prioritize players over pets)

Barring the above two we need the ability to stow our pets in situations where the pet is ONLY a liability.

I want to be able to stop slitting my pets wrists as fast as possible once i get into combat where the MIGHT be a necro somewhere that MIGHT be aiming epidemic at my pet.

Suggestions : Any time the ranger cleanses a condition off HIMSELF. One is cleansed off of his pet as well. This should not function with external cleanses (those from other players) but should function when used with say. Soldier runes (which currently prioritizes players over pets), light field blasts (as above) and all relevant skills/traits.

This still requires direct involvement on the rangers part to perform.

Suggestion 2: Reworking various condition removal traits to remove conditions from pets as well.

Empathic bond changed to cleanse conditions from your pet. Possibly 1 cleansed for every two transfered as suggested below. Just a way to keep the overall stack a little bit manageable. Or even doing away with the transfer entirely and making it direct cleanses periodically so long as the pet is alive.

Evasive Purity changed so that when the ranger dodge rolls both the Ranger and the pet remove cripple/blind/poison. (currently only affects the ranger)

The above are just examples. Possible other changes include condition dumping capabilities added as part of a BM trait (minor or major) such as “remove a condition on crit” this would affect some pets more than others. And would give a deeper benefit to maintaining fury on your pet.

Possible consequences. The ability to remove conditions from pets make them more reliable damage sources as well as improving there sustain. Which is why Ideally I would prefer the ability to strip DAMAGING conditions off of pets while leaving them vulnerable to all forms of soft cc and mitigation (blind weakness etc.)

With the recent updates pets are more reliable dpsers. And I don’t feel they need much more (if anything at all) in they of damage uptime changes. The current pets can be worked with. Unfortunately pet survivability is still low outside of 2-3 specific species. Especially against conditions more than anything else.

Im not saying that pets should be immune to the effects of conditions. But in the current situations there are circumstances where pets can die extremely quickly without you being able to help them in time (Against certain comps in PvP) despite investing in their survival, as well as times where the pets are down right liabilities. (Any large scale combat where necromancers are present as an enemy. The use of ranger pets to create an undodgeable unblockable epidemic bomb is a known trick. And one that when used properly can turn a druid focused on healing his party into the tool for its destruction.)

Ghost Yak

(edited by Shadelang.3012)

Our Pets and conditions

in Ranger

Posted by: Fox Of Precision.4187

Fox Of Precision.4187

+1 for condi removal that doesn’t (painfully) euthanize your pet. A reworking of Empathic Bond & SoR perhaps? The active of SoR can be a lifesaver but mainly in niche scenarios, whilst the passive is next to useless. EB could do with a rework, moved to another tree perhaps and decreasing the penalty on your pet; 2 transferred and 1 cleansed? Flat out 2 cleanse? Or just use Soldier Runes and shouts…Not my cup of tea, but some people seem to love it.

Some charr engi and ranger – Audacity [Au]

Our Pets and conditions

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

Core post updating. Bumping to ensure that the changes are recognzied

Ghost Yak

Our Pets and conditions

in Ranger

Posted by: Mr Pin.6728

Mr Pin.6728

I remember running in wvw a while back and getting into a scrap with another ranger. They absolutely destroyed me and I’m thinking what is this guy running? I check the account name to whisper them, its Shadlang. I’m like ohhhhhhhhhhhhh… that explains everything.

On topic, its always baffled me that the developers explain that they want the ranger and their pet to have a synergistic relationship but some of our skills and traits are antagonistic towards our pet. I would like to see our abilities treat the ranger and their pet as one whole. If I cleanse I cleanse my pet for example. It seems logical but its been 4 + years and we still blow up our pets. However as it relates to wvw I think pets need a broader pass to address their survivability in general. Or at the very least a reduction or elimination of the 60 second death penalty.

I’m undecided about having a second boon or condi bar for my pet. It seems like a lot of visual clutter but would be infinitely helpful. I suppose the pet UI could be reworked to make it nice and readable at a glance but the odds of that happening seem slim.

Our Pets and conditions

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

@Mr Pin. Yeah honestly I would prefer if we could avoid having the clutter. But barring methods of actually dealing with the issue. It seems like the best choice. I mean atleast that way we would have some warning. The idea on reduced death penalty is interesting. And I wouldn’t be opposed to it in just wvw (I feel its necessary in PvE and PvP as counterplay).

A broader survivability pass would also be interesting. But we do have to be careful on how strong we make the pets in general. Whatever is done should still be driven by the ranger atleast in some way.

As for what I run. I hope this helps. If you whispered me and asked at the time I probably told you then. But just in case. My apologies for not remembering u.u im fairly bad with names even IRL.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnUqA9Ci1CCuCCctglOB7pFMAWYO9tAQhDelGT3plo80A-T1CEQBA4IB4uDBQS2fgfq/MhLAADVi5QlHJ4BAsRlgsTXQb0wEAAB4m3MbezAn38m38m38czbezbezbWKgAXGB-w

Ghost Yak

(edited by Shadelang.3012)

Our Pets and conditions

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Best you can hope for is more traits affecting the Pet. I personally want Evasive Purity, Oakheart Salve, and Hunter’s Tactics. Even though conditions are the topic, the other traits are prime examples of small and meaningful boosts that would make sense.

As for the other things such as Empathic Bond and to an extent, Signet of Renewal, those used to fair well before the condition change. Now, not so much. I would be more inclined for Ranger to have a small amount of condition manipulation in regards to the pet with such ideas, but that’s out of reach fruit.

So, settling with lower-hanging suggestions, I’d hope EB becomes a straight-forward condition cleanse for you and your pet (1 per 3s) – but only if it is active and alive. It’s a GM trait, so having it be a stronger form of Renewal’s passive seems more than sensible and fair.

Off topic, Signet of Renewal has a niche, thematic design of sacrificing the pet for the team. That seems fine, but the range should be extended from 600 units to 1200 since it relies on the pet’s position and not the player’s.

That’s my $.02.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Our Pets and conditions

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

gñññ… i wrote somewhere else like a hundred times: when the ranger use an stunbreak or a cleanse same effect should be applied to the pet as well.

And that is just common sense.

An now that we are at it: the boons the ranger get should be shared with the pet as well. The minor Fortifying boon should become baseline for the ranger.

Fortifying boon should make than once every 5 seconds one boon applied to the pet should be shared with the ranger. Just make the trait to ignore the copied boons by the baseline effect. Or not, it’s not like than other than swiftness and might the ranger has access to a lot of long duration boons.

And the friking mobile spirits trait so NM doesn’t disgust me anymore.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Our Pets and conditions

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Like the suggestion, would also like to see boonshare. The pet should get the boons the ranger generates and vice versa. But no doubling down on boons. So skills will only put a boon on pet or ranger not both.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.