PETS/////MAGICAL PETS//////PET VARIETY

in Ranger

Posted by: Rio.9730

Rio.9730

Don’t get me wrong I LOVE the variety of pets that GW2 has to offer but I wish there were more to choose from. For example, as a ranger reaches certain levels or obtains a certain amount of skill points, another tier/type of pet is able to be tamed. These would be pets that were rare and hard to find. I even wish there was a magical element to the pet system to where certain stones can change the pet into an elemental. For example,
-Using a fire stone on a certain bird pet will give you a Phoenix and while using this pet the ranger inflicts burning damage
-Using a water stone on a certain pet will give it healing abilities
and etc
But not only will the skills of the pet change but its appearance is changed as well and it’s element has an effect on the rangers attacks.
Or even a system to where you can breed pets. This could be a crafting style or a way to obtain very unique pet skills or appearances.
I just have crazy imagination I guess lol I just feel GW2 could definitely take having a pet to the next lvl. How you guys feel?

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

Prepare for all the “they better fix pets first” comments

Personally, I really like the idea. Not this exact form, but general idea of “building” our pets.

in Ranger

Posted by: Olaf Soul Can Haz.4689

Olaf Soul Can Haz.4689

I think they better fix pets first.

in Ranger

Posted by: Avathor.1849

Avathor.1849

They better fix pets first

But yea, i really love the Branded creatures! I would be so happy if i could have the Branded Skelk! Ubercool ninja monster with the amazing branded skin! What more can you ask for^^

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Does anyone else want a basilisk though? That stun ray…

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Does anyone else want a basilisk though? That stun ray…

Omg yes! That’d be glorious!! I’d also like one of those Sea Scorpions…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: TankAnyone.5370

TankAnyone.5370

Although I love this idea, I don’t see it happening. It’s a lot of work that will only benefit one class. Why would they spend time implementing this when they can make new dungeons/quests that everyone can play?

in Ranger

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Although I love this idea, I don’t see it happening. It’s a lot of work that will only benefit one class. Why would they spend time implementing this when they can make new dungeons/quests that everyone can play?

My thoughts exactly. If they’ve gone this long with rangers in the state they’re in, it’s gonna be a long, long time before they do anything this extensive for just us.

in Ranger

Posted by: Grigthar.1892

Grigthar.1892

My thoughts exactly. If they’ve gone this long with rangers in the state they’re in, it’s gonna be a long, long time before they do anything this extensive for just us.

Because it makes the class even more fun to play, so why not do it? It’s going to happen eventually anyway, might as well start throwing out suggestions for pets you want you see in the future.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rio.9730

Rio.9730

Because it makes the class even more fun to play, so why not do it? It’s going to happen eventually anyway, might as well start throwing out suggestions for pets you want you see in the future.

What’s a ranger without his/her pet? That’s what makes them what they are and I truly feel like its going to happen because the pets are so basic at the moment. The same idea can be used with Necro minions. I want to see more creativity and personalization in the pets that we can acquire.

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’d rather have them just make more pets available in general than have them start shoving wierd “pet evolutions” in via specific items or abilities or whatever. That kind of thing is focusing a bit too much on one profession I think, plus it just seems kind of silly with how the pets in GW2 are currently set up (they aren’t pokemon, they’re wild animals).

There are a couple dozen creatures in GW2 that don’t have pet counterparts, start adding those in. Stuff like griphons, raptors, wind riders, ect. Get the variety that way, rather than magical upgrades.

Thats my personal opinion, anyway.

in Ranger

Posted by: TankAnyone.5370

TankAnyone.5370

I’m not saying it’s not a good idea, or that it wont be interesting. I’m saying that, for the amount of time and effort it would take to implement this, they can add much more content that will be beneficial to all classes.

It’s not just coming up with the combinations and such, it’s testing and balancing. Pets are extremely difficult to balance because they can easily become OP. And it’s not just making sure the Ranger is balanced, but that it is balanced in combination with the other classes abilities. It quickly becomes a cluster-kitten of variables that cannot be controlled adequately. If they implement this without proper balancing and testing, than you disenfranchise players that play other classes because they’ll be wondering why they didn’t get such a massive content update and/or they’ll be complaining that we are too powerful and too versatile.