[PVP] Do druids feel they are balanced?

in Ranger

Posted by: Manimarco Devil.1790

Manimarco Devil.1790

Or is this another situation where what the class currently has is justified because there are no alternative “viable” builds?

Full disclosure: I do not main/play druid.

Druid and scrapper both feel over tuned to me. Anet has slowly brought down bunkery specs and these are the last two remaining ones where they simply beat you by having their defenses on shorter cooldowns. Druid seems to just rotate between signet of stone, celestial avatar into stealth and superspeed, kiting with short cooldown evade/dash. Perhaps there are some tips that I simply am unaware of but it seems ridiculous how easily they can full heal without using ACTUAL heal.

I understand that the spec is based off of healing but some portion of it needs to go. My choice would be to remove the stealth OR superspeed from the celestial avatar ending trait and compensate with w.e you guys feel some damage should be added.

Battlelord Taeres

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

It is too easy to get into Celestial Form and when double traited it is too rewarding for that ease.

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Or is this another situation where what the class currently has is justified because there are no alternative “viable” builds?

Druid and scrapper both feel over tuned to me. Anet has slowly brought down bunkery specs and these are the last two remaining ones where they simply beat you by having their defenses on shorter cooldowns. Druid seems to just rotate between signet of stone, celestial avatar into stealth and superspeed, kiting with short cooldown evade/dash. Perhaps there are some tips that I simply am unaware of but it seems ridiculous how easily they can full heal without using ACTUAL heal.

I understand that the spec is based off of healing but some portion of it needs to go. My choice would be to remove the stealth OR superspeed from the celestial avatar ending trait and compensate with w.e you guys feel some damage should be added.

I personally think you should keep learning from every fight with every profession and improve your skills and builds first.

You should play other professions too, like ranger, so you can understand how they function.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

I feel the actual druid line itself has been one of the more balanced ones of the elite specs since the launch of HoT. There is nothing too overwhelming about it. The builds that ranger used to run have taken a hard hit from the stupid amount of passive procs and projectile hate that’s been introduced. It’s playable, sort of, but annoying.

but it seems ridiculous how easily they can full heal without using ACTUAL heal.

Because it got access to tons of heals without using the heal skill.. I mean, it isn’t that much too it. The devs almost made it out to sound like that was the only point of the spec. To me it is more ridiculous how forgiving and how much sustain a revenant can have without really speccing into defensive traits, while also bringing an utility weapon like their staff that still hits hard. And if they do spec into something defensive, like retribution, what they get is just an absurd amount of passive stuff that imo is more damaging to the game than most other things.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

On last seasons in high leve pvp, druid was known to be the healer that can be focused down and get killed fast, unlike the cleric Ele that was able to survive on point much longer compared to the druid(and i’m talking mender meta druid ithSoS, staff-S/D)
Druid togather with necro, were almost always the first to be targeted and killed, beacuse both classes while sustainble and dangerous, having a very hard time vs CC chains and big chnks of dmage coming in short time. +1 good theif can kill a druid very fast.

It is true that lower level players seem to have a problem dealing with druids, the meta druid build is very forgiving, for mistakes.

Druid surviveblity is coming mstly from 2 traits – Druidic clarity and celectrial shadow,
I would loved if A.net would nerf thouse 2 traits(remove stun break on DC and CS is 2 sec stealth only and on super speed) but bring us back some undesorved nerfs like the moment of clarity nerf, seed of life(VE) nerf, beastly warden(can anyone explain this nerf) and deal with some of problems with have with damage glassy builds(no answer to reflect/blocks, MM and skrimishing need some love, etc…)

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

On last seasons in high leve pvp, druid was known to be the healer that can be focused down and get killed fast, unlike the cleric Ele that was able to survive on point much longer compared to the druid(and i’m talking mender meta druid ithSoS, staff-S/D)
Druid togather with necro, were almost always the first to be targeted and killed, beacuse both classes while sustainble and dangerous, having a very hard time vs CC chains and big chnks of dmage coming in short time. +1 good theif can kill a druid very fast.

It is true that lower level players seem to have a problem dealing with druids, the meta druid build is very forgiving, for mistakes.

Druid surviveblity is coming mstly from 2 traits – Druidic clarity and celectrial shadow,
I would loved if A.net would nerf thouse 2 traits(remove stun break on DC and CS is 2 sec stealth only and on super speed) but bring us back some undesorved nerfs like the moment of clarity nerf, seed of life(VE) nerf, beastly warden(can anyone explain this nerf) and deal with some of problems with have with damage glassy builds(no answer to reflect/blocks, MM and skrimishing need some love, etc…)

I just wanted to point this out…

Skilled Druid player can still be shut down by skilled players on other professions.

You want nerfs to 2 traits that add to survivability, but those do not stop skilled players on other professions from shutting us down.

Druids are still far from meta competitive, they don’t need any nerfs just because the average and lower skilled player have a tougher time with a more experienced player on Druid. Our skills and traits are partly in place because the damage and burst output of ranger and Druid sucks. They are not designed to stand toe to toe, but if you really want to ask for nerfs then you better expect players fighting for some crazy burst skills to hold their own in close quarter melee…

In wvw I get blasted all the time with these major burst numbers and condi floods, so let’s not go the nerf Druid route. Start giving ranger/Druid skills similar to double 10k vaults and super condition builds that eat players alive then we can talk nerfs…

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

Skilled Druid player can still be shut down by skilled players on other professions.

You want nerfs to 2 traits that add to survivability, but those do not stop skilled players on other professions from shutting us down.

Druids are still far from meta competitive, they don’t need any nerfs just because the average and lower skilled player have a tougher time with a more experienced player on Druid. Our skills and traits are partly in place because the damage and burst output of ranger and Druid sucks. They are not designed to stand toe to toe, but if you really want to ask for nerfs then you better expect players fighting for some crazy burst skills to hold their own in close quarter melee…

In wvw I get blasted all the time with these major burst numbers and condi floods, so let’s not go the nerf Druid route. Start giving ranger/Druid skills similar to double 10k vaults and super condition builds that eat players alive then we can talk nerfs…

I think we say exacly the same thing, I’m jsut tierd of getiing nerfs in all the wrong places instad of nerfing us exacly where it can make a big difference. I also did say that as a trade-off we need some buffs to our offensive capabilities.

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

I think we say exacly the same thing, I’m jsut tierd of getiing nerfs in all the wrong places instad of nerfing us exacly where it can make a big difference. I also did say that as a trade-off we need some buffs to our offensive capabilities.

You have to avoid using nerf and ranger/druid in the same sentence my friend. Think buff then we go from there…

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Heal as One boon copying and Ancient Seeds CD needs a nerf.

Spirits needs a buff. Wyverns needs a buff. Staff #2 needs to be changed.

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

I dont want tradeoffs.

Oh so I can do a “little more dmg” and then get shut down even harder when I need to heal?

We don’t need nerfs.
This last patch was a joke. Do you even pvp?

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in Ranger

EnderzShadow.2506

get out

heal as one needs a nerf…lol why?

in Ranger

Manimarco Devil.1790

I personally think you should keep learning from every fight with every profession and improve your skills and builds first.

You should play other professions too, like ranger, so you can understand how they function.

Probably good advice but does not address the question asked.

Because it got access to tons of heals without using the heal skill.. I mean, it isn’t that much too it. The devs almost made it out to sound like that was the only point of the spec. To me it is more ridiculous how forgiving and how much sustain a revenant can have without really speccing into defensive traits, while also bringing an utility weapon like their staff that still hits hard. And if they do spec into something defensive, like retribution, what they get is just an absurd amount of passive stuff that imo is more damaging to the game than most other things.

I may have over-emphasized the heal part but the point is that with the evades, stone signet, long term stability, stealth it becomes a bit much. I agree scrapper and rev are currently carried by passives.

This is blatantly false. The first to be focused were necros and DHs. Rangers in all seasons have been fantastic bruisers on side points and that is where they shine. Even mesmer and thief is easier to kill so don’t just make stuff up. Also how is a comparison to ele supposed to be sound logic when they just nerfed ele for the exact reason that they were too bunkery?

Druids are still far from meta competitive, they don’t need any nerfs just because the average and lower skilled player have a tougher time with a more experienced player on Druid.

Is this a joke? Druids have seen play in high tier pvp in all seasons as well as in Pro leagues the past 2 seasons. If you even bothered to read I did mention how some compensation to damage would be ok.

Battlelord Taeres

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

I may have over-emphasized the heal part but the point is that with the evades, stone signet, long term stability, stealth it becomes a bit much. I agree scrapper and rev are currently carried by passives.

This is blatantly false. The first to be focused were necros and DHs. Rangers in all seasons have been fantastic bruisers on side points and that is where they shine. Even mesmer and thief is easier to kill so don’t just make stuff up. Also how is a comparison to ele supposed to be sound logic when they just nerfed ele for the exact reason that they were too bunkery?

Druids are still far from meta competitive, they don’t need any nerfs just because the average and lower skilled player have a tougher time with a more experienced player on Druid.

Is this a joke? Druids have seen play in high tier pvp in all seasons as well as in Pro leagues the past 2 seasons. If you even bothered to read I did mention how some compensation to damage would be ok.

1) Chill

2) I dont know what you played or what division you are one, but on last season, one one played DH, espically not top tier pvpers. Druid were first poirity targets togather with Necros. I have been talking about mender druid, not power LB ranger which is a fun build to play, but wasnt a menta pvp build, spically not among top tier pvpers. evern if Mesmers and thives are seayer to kill,(which they’r not due to better mobility and ability to abuse platforms), they are a pain to kill when a druid backing them up and even worse, using S&R while they’r down.

3)Eles were nefred and cleric was taken away because they more much tanker than a druid and could hold point much better. After recent changes, not sure who will be teams pick for the healer role, druid or ele. The nerf to ele and fix on trooper rune, could have changed the scale to favor druid over ele for the this upcoming season. We’ll see.

4)You obisously was in a rush to comment everyone and even didnt take the porpuse of what I wrote, which was about making a trafe-off for druids between 2 broken traits and the lack of offensive options and capabilities.

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

I dont want tradeoffs.

Oh so I can do a “little more dmg” and then get shut down even harder when I need to heal?

We don’t need nerfs.
This last patch was a joke. Do you even pvp?

Ya I pvp, I got 2 legend solo quoe only. And ya, thouse 2 traits are so mandatory that you see them on 100% of the builds ou there, thosue 2 traits are so good that even after the changes I suggested, they’r sill top tier. Open up for new builds and possibilites, new options can open up different roles for druids on pvp. Keeping nerfing us on all the worng places, just push every druid to go for the same super boring build, we all thnk its a boring playstyle, so what are we even talking about?

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

You “do not main/play druid” so why don’t you try that first for a while then come back and chat?

in Ranger

EnderzShadow.2506

Long term stability? I stopped right there. Is that a joke?

and to your last comment about druids in high tier pvp—- were not very popular.
Oh sure, ROM. Who else can you mention?

in Ranger

Manimarco Devil.1790

@ LughLongArm.5460

Why don’t you check out your own reading skills, druid should not be running into teamfights headfirst to begin with and in general ranked play, a necro/dh/mesmer is always going to be a higher priority that a druid simply because they are easier to burn down. Also I clearly ended my statement with a suggestion that druids get more offensive capabilities. Contrary to popular belief DH WAS played in high tiers, they were just rare because of the aforementioned focus fire.

@Swagger.1459
Unless you can actually contribute why comment?

@EnderzShadow.2506
I was mistaken when I typed long-term. On demand would be a more apt way to describe it. Nonetheless it the the accumulation of the defensive tools what I find overwhelming. Druid are perfectly fine in popularity: case in point today’s qualifiers. “Not very popular” was thieves and DH’s.

This subforum appears to suffer from the same biases that all class forums seem to have. I am glad Anet does not read them for any suggestions. I’ll figure it out on my own, thanks.

Battlelord Taeres

(edited by Manimarco Devil.1790)

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

@ LughLongArm.5460

Why don’t you check out your own reading skills, druid should not be running into teamfights headfirst to begin with and in general ranked play, a necro/dh/mesmer is always going to be a higher priority that a druid simply because they are easier to burn down. Also I clearly ended my statement with a suggestion that druids get more offensive capabilities. Contrary to popular belief DH WAS played in high tiers, they were just rare because of the aforementioned focus fire.

@Swagger.1459

@EnderzShadow.2506
I was mistaken when I typed long-term. On demand would be a more apt way to describe it. Nonetheless it the the accumulation of the defensive tools what I find overwhelming. Druid are perfectly fine in popularity: case in point today’s qualifiers. “Not very popular” was thieves and DH’s.

This subforum appears to suffer from the same biases that all class forums seem to have. I am glad Anet does not read them for any suggestions. I’ll figure it out on my own, thanks.

Dud, I think have no clue what is the point you want to make. Sigh… some ppl jsut like to argue.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

get out

Because the hard nerf it took less than 24 hours after being buffed wasn’t enough for the people that would rather complain on the forum instead of learning to play.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

@ LughLongArm.5460

@Swagger.1459

@EnderzShadow.2506

Yup, nothing says “on demand” stability like a 1 second cast time……

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

@ LughLongArm.5460

@Swagger.1459

@EnderzShadow.2506

I would like to start with a quote from you…

Gw2 pvp is fine. The problem lies in the fact that currently there are little to no resources that tell you how to actually pvp well. On top of being decent at your class you need to understand rotations and (to be really good) know the cooldowns of skills/traits of other classes.

As of now the tutorial doesnt teach anything outside of stomping and capping. Id also argue the general playerbase is rather noob and this is lazy playstyle is encouraged when pve mobs will literally stand in place so newcomers dont learn any reaction skills.

Ok, so, my advice for you was to play this profession because you do not understand it fully, which is not dissimilar to the spirit of your bolded advice.

My contribution was to help you with a rational suggestion instead of labeling you a general playerbase type person, like in your quote, and dismissing your comments with insults…

Play this profession so you can improve your skill set and level of understanding ok?

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Yeah, OP needs to play the class. That is the best way to find the weaknesses you are looking for. Let others show them to you, and force yourself to defend against them. The glaring weaknesses should become obvious in a few hours of play.

Druid has some great abilities but suffers from focus fire and chain CC. Good players will knock you around like a piñata, and your health bar will go from 100-0 without you having the opportunity to use a single skill. Menders amulet is squishy. Druid is dead meat when it can’t move or use skills.

The best way to shut a Druid down is to face tank it. I know, really hard.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

get out

Because the hard nerf it took less than 24 hours after being buffed wasn’t enough for the people that would rather complain on the forum instead of learning to play.

Well, not just WHaO, every class needs a nerf to the amount of boons being pumped out. WHaO could take a hit with a CD increase to 25s.

in Ranger

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

They can remove the boon copy mechanic, but healing of base ranger shouldn’t get nerfed.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Druid & Ranger don’t feel balanced. We have tones well designed skills, but absolute crappy scaling. The only thing were good at is kiting and ranged pressure. Which is where your frustrations come from @ OP. The only thing the meta build can really do is run around and stall for +1s. Druid is very unrewarding to play, and I feel it is generally only as good as your team mates are.

If you look at the rest of ranger aside from kite potential, its generally underwhelming.

• We have low tuned weapons. Two of our weapons are basically rendered useless because of the amount of projectile hate. One of those is our only good scaling.
  • Our skills on weapons are mostly watered down versions of other skills on lower cool downs, it makes it seem like we do a lot but we really don’t.
  • Trait wise your piggon holed into defense, because of our low scaling weapons the only thing worth while is traiting for defense.
  • Then you look at utilities, again we have tones of great utilities, plenty of access to stunbreaks and condi clear, but none of really matters, because we cannot kill most targets on equal skill level.
  • Boon wise we rely on this gimick of buffing up the pet then copying the buffs in order to be competitive.
  • Finally we have unresponsive and low dps (if the pet can even hit the target) pets.
[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

(edited by Eval.2371)

in Ranger

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Druid & Ranger don’t feel balanced. We have tones well designed skills, but absolute crappy scaling. The only thing were good at is kiting and ranged pressure. Which is where your frustrations come from @ OP. The only thing the meta build can really do is run around and stall for +1s. Druid is very unrewarding to play, and I feel it is generally only as good as your team mates are.

If you look at the rest of ranger aside from kite potential, its generally underwhelming.

• We have low tuned weapons. Two of our weapons are basically rendered useless because of the amount of projectile hate. One of those is our only good scaling.
  • Our skills on weapons are mostly watered down versions of other skills on lower cool downs, it makes it seem like we do a lot but we really don’t.
  • Trait wise your piggon holed into defense, because of our low scaling weapons the only thing worth while is traiting for defense.
  • Then you look at utilities, again we have tones of great utilities, plenty of access to stunbreaks and condi clear, but none of really matters, because we cannot kill most targets on equal skill level.
  • Boon wise we rely on this gimick of buffing up the pet then copying the buffs in order to be competitive.
  • Finally we have unresponsive and low dps (if the pet can even hit the target) pets.

On equal skill level you won’t do much with staff/lb against thieves/mesmers and revs..talking about wvw.

I had to switch to lb/s/w to stand a chance against T1 roaming guilds from deso like [Ash] and Seafarer Rest roamers also.

Fighting against well played chrono power shatter and equilibrium revs that hit like trucks..can seriously test your resolve to learn to this class…plenty of deaths kitten but that feeling of accomplishment after you pull off that victory…after hundreds of timed dodge to avoid getting bursted down instantly.

The OP should try ranger against real players..but not matter what, people will cry for nerfs because they lack the humility to recognize their shortcomings

in Ranger

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Fighting against well played chrono power shatter and equilibrium revs that hit like trucks..can seriously test your resolve to learn to this class…plenty of deaths kitten but that feeling of accomplishment after you pull off that victory…after hundreds of timed dodge to avoid getting bursted down instantly.

The OP should try ranger against real players..but not matter what, people will cry for nerfs because they lack the humility to recognize their shortcomings

Just an aside, today I finally caved and gave hammer rev a go. I’ve been playing meta staff/sword for a while now and my mind was literally blown.

Just comparing weapon damage between rev hammer and ranger long bow with the exact same amount of power(2.5K) and (240%) crit dmg, the damage gap is so large, at times 3x higher. With amount of buff support(but for the party not just my self) and similar mobility, I cannot see my self going back to ranger/druid any time soon.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

Signet of Stone was never a problem with its 80 second cooldown (and no protection against cc and condi), with the sacrifice of the toughness that comes with it. Stability isn’t instant like other classes, the evades are at least active play, unlike too many other classes. The problem is that the core ranger, which has the SoS, the evades etc, the stability. is already borderline the worst class at sustaining itself. You could shave some druid abilities, but that needs to come at the cost of buffing the core ranger.

I’ve often played a pewpew zerker ranger the last few season, and I can tell you that other druids are easier to beat than most other classes, and I don’t think that’s just because I know the ins and outs of it.

@the other reply, it’s not false at all. Druids are often a target in larger teamfights. Or rather, it should be in most cases.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

Hi @Lazze, I think all the -replay chains made my core argument to get lost. I never implied that SoS, or active evades are bad or OP. I wished to Emphsise that even with our best tools vs burst attack and focus fire, druid surivebility was inferior to that of a cleric Ele and thats why druid was used to be one of the first priority targets to get focused and also why top tier teams prefered Eles to fill the main healer role in a party. I also saied this may change during the upcoming season due to last balance changes.

I like you also belive that we can shave some of the druids survivablity(I was talking about 2 spesific traits, which I think are backbone of druid’s survivebility) and as a trade-off, get buffs to our offenvie and utility capabilities, and love to our offentive trait lines(MM and SKR).

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

Just an aside, today I finally caved and gave hammer rev a go. I’ve been playing meta staff/sword for a while now and my mind was literally blown.

Just comparing weapon damage between rev hammer and ranger long bow with the exact same amount of power(2.5K) and (240%) crit dmg, the damage gap is so large, at times 3x higher. With amount of buff support(but for the party not just my self) and similar mobility, I cannot see my self going back to ranger/druid any time soon.

but but but… rangers have amazing pets that bite things for 10k and the druid can easily handle 2-4 players at a time with their godly skills!

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

Hi @Lazze, I think all the -replay chains made my core argument to get lost.

No, I wasn’t replying you at all, your quote just happened to get included.

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

So just another troll looking for a bone?

You don’t understand the spec because, as you opened the thread with full disclosure you don’t play a Druid. I’m not sure what planet you are on but here on Earth we call that ignorance.

This isn’t about your feelings. Yeah, we understand you have trouble managing Druids but that doesn’t mean you can come to our house and cry. There will be no shoulder here for you to cry on. No go and do the right thing. Uninstall.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Posted by: livlaender.8790

livlaender.8790

in my opinion druid would feel more balanced, if pvp team removed rune of dolyak from pvp

in my opinion druid gets celestial avatar form to often, becouse of the passive regen the rune offers

die Gedanken sind frei

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

but but but… rangers have amazing pets that bite things for 10k and the druid can easily handle 2-4 players at a time with their godly skills!

God I miss the old days of pre-nerf Jaguar when we did have pets that bit (mauled) things for 10k.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Zoberraz.2694

Zoberraz.2694

I read this thread and all I could think of is how disatisfied I still am with the nerf done to Search & Rescue. I loved this skill and it made me feel helpful and effective. some people agreed it with the nerf in that it was “too good”, but lately when I use it, all I seem to amount to with it is have it missfire and then be wasted, back on cooldown for minutes before I can try using it again.

The cooldown and range increase is a killer for it x_x
At the very least, I’d like the skill to be revisited to that if you happen to click it with no friendly downed target in range, the cooldown would only be something like 5-10 seconds.

Even though it does a great job helping support friendlies, it’s not really a druid skill.

So, off-tangent, another skill I have a beef against is Glyph of Unity. Going beyond the fact of how it might be useful or not; I find that the skill missfires a lot. Click in circumstances that opponents are in range and that it should work, without spamming other skills or interrupting the cast of the Elite skill itself… and nothing. A dud. No lines linking my druid to the nearby enemies show up.

And that’s easily HALF the time I try to use the skill. Beyond the skill’s simple effectiveness, the coding behind it seems extremely unreliable. Which is unfortunate because I’ve seen instances of it where glyph of Unity can work out beautifully and actually feel like an Elite skill. x_x

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

“Feeling” is an arbitrary metric.

Druid is actually pretty perfectly balanced. It’s built around “all in” mechanics that have to be utilized appropriately, which actually creates a pretty extreme skillgap between good and bad Druid players.

Actually, every meta build can kill Druids easily right now without changing their build at all (meta builds as determined by the meta section of metabattle). Pressure into Celestial Form, heavy bomb/burst, wait out 3 seconds of stealth, finish the job. Power builds have it a tad bit rougher with the invulv, which might mean repeating the process, but Power Rev can just wait SoS out and press another one of their damage skills again and win.

If ANet keeps on nerfing support or bunker oriented specs, then we’ll just be playing a complicated FPS game at the end of the day. Using the “feel” metric, maybe, if the damage output from certain sources and classes was toned down to an acceptable level, the counter defensive options wouldn’t feel so extreme either, but right now, damage, healing, utility, everything has been dialed up to 1000% with powercreep, and individually hitting any of those without hitting the others just hurts the class, the population, and the game.

Oh, and for the record, organized teams are going to make much more use out of Mender’s/Magi’s DH builds than they are with Druids, it’s just going to take a little bit of time for peoples brains to get there.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

It depends. It is countered by very specific specs. If you bring a condition warrior the cc will end a druid. Vault spam thief can defeat a Druid. The meta’s counter each other and are thus balanced right now. However, the level of elite spec meta builds is far superior to druid so in comparison to all other ranger specs or core specs no druid is not balanced.

The game has reached a point where if I can’t win with the same build, I can hop on a different character/build and win.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in Ranger

Posted by: Zlater.6789

Zlater.6789

No, honestly.

Compared to everything else I play druid has wayyy too much sustain for its damage output. Mender druid has always been an amazing brawler/bruiser. But now I can be happy doing everything, lots of mobility, HUGE team presence! Top tier for 1v1, amazing condi cleanse, amazing sustain, endless stunbreaks, a lot of CC and not to mention those little things like it’s mandatory to stomp them off point. Then we have things like very easy access to stealth so removing targeting is easy and disengaging is also easy. It’s all ok, but when all of that is 1 build…

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

No, honestly.

Compared to everything else I play druid has wayyy too much sustain for its damage output.

You misspelled warrior there.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

No, honestly.

Compared to everything else I play druid has wayyy too much sustain for its damage output. .

It doesn’t. The damage comes from core ranger skills and traits, the “sustain” comes partially from the core ranger aswell.

There are druid abilities they can shave off, but without actually butchering the druid OR going for core ranger stuff (which, kitten no they shouldn’t), you’re pretty limited to how much you can nerf. They already nerfed the condi cleanse with the seed of life change, a nerf that killed/nerfed more builds than it did nerfing the sustain a druid that is building for sustain.

And seriously, compared to “everything else”, revs and warriors are definitely up there sustain and damage wise. Warriors got needed buffs to their core class (too much if you ask me), the ranger, which need it just as much, doesn’t because the elite spec is healing/support oriented.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

in Ranger

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

Nothing has literally changed it’s just ppl notice how strong druid actually is since eles got nerfed. Druid mostly always ran with menders because they had multiple routes for escapes and way superior mobility also more base hp compared to eles.

I personally expect to see more general druid rage similar to DH.

The only real issue like someone else mentioned with druid is they have high single target sustain damage (strictly pvp) the real sad part is that it’s attached to the only honest 2 working pets smokescale and bristle back coupled with beast mastery traitline. Smoke assault is literally revs sword 3 if you can get it on 1 person which happens far more than ppl will like to admit. As for bristle back with it missing far less then it used to the strength of the pack + heal as one might combo is much easier to pull off.

Druids very strong nothing new tbh just shows more because the class that was primarily taken over it got a pretty hefty nerf.