Patch Notes 5-17

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Ranger

• Seed of Life: The number of conditions removed by this skill has been decreased from 2 to 1.
  • Lunar Impact: The cooldown of this skill has been increased from 5 seconds to 7 seconds. Daze duration has been reduced from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds.
  • Ancient Seeds: Fixed a bug that allowed multiple triggers of this trait on a single target.
  • Juvenile Smokescale—Bite: The damage of this skill has been reduced by 15%.
  • Juvenile Smokescale—Takedown: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from being blocked.
  • Juvenile Bristleback—Spike Barrage: Fixed a bug that caused this skill to fire more projectiles than intended and reduced the overall projectiles to 10. Fixed a bug that caused 33% of the projectiles to deal 33% less damage than intended. Increased all projectile damage by 10%. Missiles are now fired directly at the target instead of at slight angles in the target’s direction. The missile launch point has been normalized, fixing a bug that caused some projectiles to fail if the creature was on an incline.

Ouch?

Didn’t know there was a bug that caused Bristleback Spike Barrage to deal 33% less damage than intended, especially when it was reduced by 25% on Feb-8th. [LINK]. Oh, well.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Dear lord, wtf? Why would they so savagely gut druid?

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Mouse.7382

Mouse.7382

nerfed again…..JFC Anet…god i hate you

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

>Seed of Life change
Well…still useful for GotL, but for condi-clear I’ll just stick with Shout/Trooper runes and D.Clarity (or just WS traits/skills…ugh). Thanks , Anet =/

>Lunar Impact
Going to be harder to use this without Quickdraw. Why nerf BOTH cooldown and Daze? Godkitten …

>Smokescale
Takedown, I understand, but why weaken bite?

>Bristleback
I need to see this change(s) in action. The incline fix is nice at least.

(edited by Euthymias.7984)

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

Just… wow.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

Seed of Life was one of my only reason to use Druid, with the Staff leap. Now, not so much and lol @ the pet nerfs.

When is the tyria pet buff anet ?

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Ancient Seeds: Fixed a bug that allowed multiple triggers of this trait on a single target.

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Also what does it mean by “Missiles are now fired directly at the target instead of at slight angles in the target’s direction”? Does that mean it’ll miss less from strafing?

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: So Fuzzy Pop.1384

So Fuzzy Pop.1384

Jeezus butt-kittening kitten… ( ?_?)

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Old habits die hard…

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Knoptix.5712

Knoptix.5712

Glad you guys got nerfed!

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: salogel.1869

salogel.1869

Bristleback is reduced from 20 hits to 10 LOL … also the animation looks lame now

Wyrdern – druid | Fengar Frostrazor – teef | Ayrwen – berserker

“There is no sand in the desert borderland”

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

Heals may have been op in pvp, but lets kitten pve/raids and affect them too.
And instead of decreasing heal numbers, lets kitten up a cd so they are forced fed some change in rotations. – Anet

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Got to love these Bristleback changes. The F2 was bugged since launch of Heart of Thorns to fire 20 projectiles instead of 15. So they then just straight nerf the skill to 10 projectiles. Claim that 33% of the projectiles were doing 33% less damage, fix that. Then increase the damage by 10% on all the hits to compensate. A 10% buff and a 11% buff do not balance out in anyway a 50% damage nerf.

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

The bristleback burst can entirely be dodged now with 1 dodge >.< I am not sure thats worth the accuracy buff seeing its primary strength was the ability to pressure THROUGH active defense. That pressure is gone now and its just a not terrible bit of damage now. I am not certain how itl turn out in the end. But the fact that its so easy to mitigate now has me worried.

Ghost Yak

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I’ve lost count by now to how many times bristleback and smokescale’s been nerfed.
Classic Anet – introduce powerful things in an expansion to make people want it and buy it, then start nerfing the new stuff one by one.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

:/ maybe the quicker unload will mean Bristleback can fully land everything in the space of a single taunt?

But man, that takedown nerf…

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

We know wbo’s starting the PvP season in Amber…

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

All these changes to me make sense except for the smokescale bite nerf.

Seed of life change is fine not rangers/druids really lack condi cleansing tools anyway.

Anceint seed change is a fix to something that obviously wasn’t intended I would personally rolf whenever it happened and it was well near a perfect kill setup for other teammates to take advantage of.

Lunar impact hurts a bit but it makes sense was easily too strong especially with quickdraw as someone else mentioned its a Blast finisher that heals and dazes that was on a 5 second cd. Put this in combination with druids other lockdown capabilities and it could be pretty nasty.

Bite nerf doesnt make sense to me personally.

Takedown fix didn’t even know it was unblockable good change. (not that we have actual control over it)

Bristleback one is a lil odd and didn’t know it was kittened that much. less projectiles is a bit annoying as someone else mentioned can all be dodged now but it’s more likely to follow targets now as it was pretty easy to just side step it.

If anything that personally shocked me was that druids had the most stuff, change wise on the list for the new season, was expecting guardians to have the most tweaks and more bigger change on revs

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Eat some dirt….from my downstate.

NSPride <3

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Selenya.6410

Selenya.6410

The day anet will split pvp and pve changes will be too late… Oh, wait…

Nexon = Advanced Cancer

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Hah, if there is one thing you can rely on with balance patch notes, it’s a long list of Ranger nerfs.

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

Honestly, this is the main reason i’ve been playing less and less on my ranger and more on my ele. Ranger doesn’t just get nerfs to OP skills they get smashed in one fell swoop. Takedown nerf i can understand, damage nerf is nonsense. Bristleback might as well not even be used anymore, what’s the point really. maybe go back to slotting a bird or canine instead. Lunar Impact nerf is BAD, Seed of Life nerf is REALLY BAD. WS or soldier runes are going to be mandatory now to keep up with the condi cleans. smdh…..

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

How many times are they going to nerf these pets? This is starting to look like harrassment, someone call PETA!

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

typical ANet antics. they gutted the druid, did nothing to boost the core spec. aayyyy.

Hah, if there is one thing you can rely on with balance patch notes, it’s a long list of Ranger nerfs.

*druid nerfs. but where are the core ranger buffs?

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

How many times are they going to nerf these pets? This is starting to look like harrassment, someone call PETA!

Yes, especially when a AAA mmo company can’t creat pets that hit moving targets…

Go test pets on the walking golem while you are passive… Some miss with their regular attacks, some miss their F2, wyverns miss horribly overall, smokescale misses some basic attacks… Hard to imagine that a City of Heroes, that ran parallel to GW (when it didn’t have jumping), had far superior “pet” mechanics. Sad.

Also sad that seeds don’t work in movement based combat and they start goofing off with CA skills when CA is terrible overall.

These were pets, not like the poorly created ones here…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pqO347HN3fQ

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

typical ANet antics. they gutted the druid, did nothing to boost the core spec. aayyyy.

*druid nerfs. but where are the core ranger buffs?

Exactly.

How about we do something about the tons of poor skills for all core professions?

How about we fix up the terrible healing designs for professions?

Patch notes consistently show lack of giving a hoot overall. It’s like pity patches to say something was done.

Funny how there are a plethora of other poor elements to professions and nothing is addressed… Like honestly, what was the purpose to most of these changes outside of bug fixes?

CA is gated and easy to shut down, we are forced to try to support our team with slow to respond reticle skills while players are running around like a group of cats, and the devs are niggling over a couple seconds on a skill… Professions are pumping out tons of conditions, have a bunch of hard control skills, and the devs are so worried about that .5 second daze? But let’s just keep skills like Moa that completely lock a player out of their character for 6 second without an option to break it…

This is not just limited to Rangers folks, but this is almost 4 years of low priority profession development. I’ve never played an mmo that cared least about professions and combat before until now. I’m not trying to be disrespectful here folks, but each time profession notes are posted this game loses me more and more.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

You all have decided to buy Hot.

After years of ranger nerfs…You still don’ t get Anet consideration of ranger .

Next time don’ t spend 50$ so easily, if you want your class to be decent.

You had the power with your wallet but you decided not to use it.

I’ m happy enjoy your nerfs.

A former Ranger

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I really don’t get this. But I suspect it has to do with the tears in PvP . . . as usual.

Gone to Reddit.

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

I really don’t get this. But I suspect it has to do with the tears in PvP . . . as usual.

I think you’re wrong. I hear there was a bunch of AI scripts that were crying about how easy the content was being consumed.

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

This is getting old…

I’m disappointed. Again. But I guess I’m not gonna comment more about it. I did a couple of times and it was pointless just like how would it be this time.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Well the seed changes are what ever. I guess people will have to rely on other classes to clear conditions. Were fine for our selves but that is about it.

Lunar impact is going to have some interesting implications for raids. Pvp wise I can see why it was changed.

The pet changes I ave mixed feelings for:

Smokescale changes are what ever. The pet will get used soley because of two factors: It’s the only reliable pet that can actually hit things, and its the only pet with a smoke field. So I am fine with the reductions.

The bristleback nerfs are knee jerkish. The pet took a lot of setup to get the high numbers out and it was always extremely telegraphed what was about to go down.We lost a lot with these changes: the ability to stack might fast to cap, our only reliable ranged pressure via pet, our only real burst coming from a pet source.

Druid got nerfed a lot and got nothing in return and base ranger still needs a lot of help.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

1)Seend of Life nerf is very harsh as it a also a nerf to verdant etching and by proxy to glyphs. This makes shouts build+ celectrail shadows trait, even more mandatory. very sad to see diversity goes away. If they want less aoe cleanse, they could atleast change verdant etching to give 1 condi remove(for ranger only) on glyph activation + create seed of life.

2) pets nerfs – we had it coming, hard to argue about that. Now fix the buggy pets, electric wyven for exmaple, whats the deal with this pet F2?

3)lunar impact – ok…. can we have our old MOC bonus back? if not for lunar impact, what was it nerfed for? it’s not like marksmanship was popular or viable, even with 100% bonus on MOC, its inferior to NM and BM by alot. CD nerf not to bad, if you realy want to cast lunar impact back to back, go skrimishing and quickdraw, diversity is good.

4)Ancient Seeds – I know it was abug but this mistake was so wounderfuly disighned – It rewarded unpopular ranger weapons sets(SB,AXE) and skillful playing(it was very hard to actually pulloff on a real target – Shame.

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

Literally, every single time I see ranger in the patch notes, its never a slight shave to an overpowered skill. It’s a kittening nerf hammer on any skill that actually works well…

How many times have pets been nerfed so far?

How about reduce the healing on CA 2 and 3 instead of the condition clear (which is much more important), cooldown, and effects.

And just for the record, pets are still useless and die quickly in large scale WvW.

I really kittening hate the patches because nothing ever goes well for ranger. Disappointed again.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Adrian Guardian.9480

Adrian Guardian.9480

It reads like a big bristleback nerf, but I can’t tell the difference in tests against target dummies: before bristleback did ~5% less damage than tiger, and now it still does 5% less damage than tiger.

I wonder what the seed of life nerf will mean for glyph builds, but I guess the other benefits are still there, and there aren’t enough enemy condi builds around to require wilderness survival or antidote signet.
I like how celestial avatar feels with the longer lunar impact CD, means I get to use more of the skills.

I’m surprised that ele took fewer nerfs than ranger, I though ele was the slightly easier one to do well with.

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Most pets still can’t hit a moving target. A moa under Polymorph Moa form shows this will be fixed by simply increase in pet attack skill range.

Anet instead chooses to reprogram and debug an entire skill on a pet that worked fine and nerf the damage of another…

About ready to take another 3 month break though it’s not like I’d miss out on much in the way of PvE updates anyway…

Attachments:

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

Literally, every single time I see ranger in the patch notes, its never a slight shave to an overpowered skill. It’s a kittening nerf hammer on any skill that actually works well…

How about reduce the healing on CA 2 and 3 instead of the condition clear (which is much more important), cooldown, and effects.

And just for the record, pets are still useless and die quickly in large scale WvW.

I really kittening hate the patches because nothing ever goes well for ranger. Disappointed again.

Core ranger is terrible. Pets are terrible. Druid is terrible. CA is terrible… Tons of things on other professions are terrible. Roles are terrible. Support roles are terrible… Professions in this game are completely carried by freedom of movement and decent targeting.

Somebody at Anet needs to start caring about the most important aspect of the game and bring us quality classes and roles to play.

Yeah, I’m frustrated again with Anet.

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Core ranger is terrible. Pets are terrible. Druid is terrible. CA is terrible… Tons of things on other professions are terrible. Roles are terrible. Support roles are terrible… Professions in this game are completely carried by freedom of movement and decent targeting.

Somebody at Anet needs to start caring about the most important aspect of the game and bring us quality classes and roles to play.

To be fair, I think you are exaggerating things a bit. I wouldn’t go as far as to say things are “terrible.”

NSPride <3

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

The nerf of Seed of Life is just so bad. That skill was finally properly designed.

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

To be fair, I think you are exaggerating things a bit. I wouldn’t go as far as to say things are “terrible.”

Give them time…

At the rate they’re going, Druid won’t even be a viable healer by the time Raid 2 comes out and SS/BB will both be as bad as the Wyverns.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

Give them time…

At the rate they’re going, Druid won’t even be a viable healer by the time Raid 2 comes out and SS/BB will both be as bad as the Wyverns.

Its a good thing druid isn’t brought for its heals then. lets be honest. If it was just healing a frontline tempest could do that and do more damage than we do. The only reason were taken is because of frost spirit and grace of the land. The “Healing” is just something to make being a buff bot more palatable. If those two effects were removed tommorow. Every druid in “meta” raids would probably be replaced with tempests.

Ghost Yak

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

I think that’s what they are going for. People said it before, and their words are marked.

Rather than improving core pets, the Heart of Thorn pets are being brought down to core pet levels. The exception being Wyverns as their design is overall bad with a bit of niche thrown in like most core pets.

Daze durations in mind, I expect a few more nerfs later. I’m calling it right now. Storm Spirit daze on Call Lightning reduced from 3s to 2s. Tiger F2 cooldown increased from 10s to 15s.

It’s just a matter of time.

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

You all have decided to buy Hot.
After years of ranger nerfs…You still don’ t get Anet consideration of ranger .
Next time don’ t spend 50$ so easily, if you want your class to be decent.
You had the power with your wallet but you decided not to use it.
I’ m happy enjoy your nerfs.
A former Ranger

Knew you would show up eventually. I guess a simple “I told you so” would have sufficed. No hard feelings, though. See ya on the next major patch (maybe)?

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

we as rangers can live with the seeds and luna impact changes but again MOC ect our traits make our already weak skills viable.

I guess i’d still go beastmastery but swap GS for Sword+axe and add more AoE blinds using wilting strike + f2 5 targets on the wolf ect to stop the additional condi application as we can’t remove that much anymore meaning more relying on wilderness knowledge/shouts+rune and druidic clarity ( if druidic clarity means need more Sources of healing and possibly use Trappers expertise for bigger/stronger healing spring to recover the loss of condi clear without shouts + runes which again effects Sk/BM/Druid damage as taking soilder runes isn’t the best for improving damage.) i really hope they havn’t over done it.

but i also hope this is Anets atempt to get other classes to take more Team skills rather than relying on druid/tempest too much to do all the work.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

Typical Anet. Another patch, another round of ranger/druid nerfs.

Could we get some Redname explanation for the nerf to Seed of Life?

And for the reduction in damage on the Smokescale’s “Bite” skill?

Headdesk

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

e-sports.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

oshilator.4681

e-sports.

Yeah, I know.

Splitting the balance of skills between game modes is too much to ever, ever ask for.

Headdesk

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

Hahaha I have noticed lately today that I no longer have the damage to kill anything. A thief STOOD in my bristleback f2 that I had boosted with sic em. He still had half his life after it. I can no longer apply any reliable pressure to ellies. I cant disrupt the blocks of revenants and mesmers so they get to freely heal. Condi reapers are so kitten tanky that a boosted rapid fire with 25 stacks of might did less than 2k damage. Thats with a marauders amulet.

I hope you all like playing condi and bunker people. Because power atleast seems to be dead entirely. I just cant find a way to get hte damage I need to burst ANYTHING.

Edit: and Rangers Sustained damage has always been a joke.

Ghost Yak

(edited by Shadelang.3012)

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Hahaha I have noticed lately today that I no longer have the damage to kill anything. A thief STOOD in my bristleback f2 that I had boosted with sic em. He still had half his life after it. I can no longer apply any reliable pressure to ellies. I cant disrupt the blocks of revenants and mesmers so they get to freely heal. Condi reapers are so kitten tanky that a boosted rapid fire with 25 stacks of might did less than 2k damage. Thats with a marauders amulet.

I hope you all like playing condi and bunker people. Because power atleast seems to be dead entirely. I just cant find a way to get hte damage I need to burst ANYTHING.

Off topic, what does your ranger wear? your armor on Serena look so good.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

Haha thanks. Bladed chest gloves legs and boots. Triumphant shoulders and either the triumphant head piece or the Mask of the Wanderer skin. Glittering weapons and its all in starry night dye color.

Attachment for reference.

Attachments:

Ghost Yak

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

oshilator.4681

Haha thanks. Bladed chest gloves legs and boots. Triumphant shoulders and either the triumphant head piece or the Mask of the Wanderer skin. Glittering weapons and its all in starry night dye color.

Attachment for reference.

Now you’ve done it. By posting that picture, you’ve given them a reason to nerf Glittering weapons.

Headdesk