Patch Notes 5-17

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Wow, these changes actually surprised me.

I don’t know if I should just swap out my current back piece to a mattress or change classes. I honestly don’t like being a baby about change but this one seems to really neuter the Druid.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Hahaha I have noticed lately today that I no longer have the damage to kill anything. A thief STOOD in my bristleback f2 that I had boosted with sic em. He still had half his life after it. I can no longer apply any reliable pressure to ellies. I cant disrupt the blocks of revenants and mesmers so they get to freely heal. Condi reapers are so kitten tanky that a boosted rapid fire with 25 stacks of might did less than 2k damage. Thats with a marauders amulet.

I hope you all like playing condi and bunker people. Because power atleast seems to be dead entirely. I just cant find a way to get hte damage I need to burst ANYTHING.

Edit: and Rangers Sustained damage has always been a joke.

Off topic, what does your ranger wear? your armor on Serena look so good.

Haha thanks. Bladed chest gloves legs and boots. Triumphant shoulders and either the triumphant head piece or the Mask of the Wanderer skin. Glittering weapons and its all in starry night dye color.

Attachment for reference.

Now you’ve done it. By posting that picture, you’ve given them a reason to nerf Glittering weapons.

I wouldn’t even be surrised haha

Ghost Yak

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

I don’t know if I should just swap out my current back piece to a mattress or change classes. I honestly don’t like being a baby about change but this one seems to really neuter the Druid.

I wasn’t joking earlier. It really does feel like either going condi or full bunker are our only real options. We lost a massive chunk of our 1v1 pressure which was our only real thing we had going for us. We also lost ALOT of team support with the shroom nerf. (Used to be in fights where I couldnt enter because it was too hot I would spam shrooms to keep others active. Thats kinda pointless now for 1 whole condi a pop)

Ghost Yak

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

I did few rounds of spvp with my usual power build and I just.. Felt so useless. I didn’t think it would be this bad but ouch, this feels bad. I just want to curl up into a ball and cry under my table.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

I wasn’t joking earlier. It really does feel like either going condi or full bunker are our only real options. We lost a massive chunk of our 1v1 pressure which was our only real thing we had going for us. We also lost ALOT of team support with the shroom nerf. (Used to be in fights where I couldnt enter because it was too hot I would spam shrooms to keep others active. Thats kinda pointless now for 1 whole condi a pop)

Plus, these changes ALSO screw druids in pve & wvw.

So, thanks e-sports.

Headdesk

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Ranger

• Seed of Life: The number of conditions removed by this skill has been decreased from 2 to 1.
  • Lunar Impact: The cooldown of this skill has been increased from 5 seconds to 7 seconds. Daze duration has been reduced from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds.
  • Ancient Seeds: Fixed a bug that allowed multiple triggers of this trait on a single target.
  • Juvenile Smokescale—Bite: The damage of this skill has been reduced by 15%.
  • Juvenile Smokescale—Takedown: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from being blocked.
  • Juvenile Bristleback—Spike Barrage: Fixed a bug that caused this skill to fire more projectiles than intended and reduced the overall projectiles to 10. Fixed a bug that caused 33% of the projectiles to deal 33% less damage than intended. Increased all projectile damage by 10%. Missiles are now fired directly at the target instead of at slight angles in the target’s direction. The missile launch point has been normalized, fixing a bug that caused some projectiles to fail if the creature was on an incline.

Ouch?

Didn’t know there was a bug that caused Bristleback Spike Barrage to deal 33% less damage than intended, especially when it was reduced by 25% on Feb-8th. [LINK]. Oh, well.

The double nerf on lunar impact was unneccesary, the increasing of the cd shouldnt have been patched.
I can understand why they nerfed seed of life. I am not a fan of rhe change not at all but with staff or horn and some glyphs you were basically impenetrable against condis
Nerfing because pvp and wvw, we all knew ot would come.
Toning down the HoT pets is understandable but a buff and streamlining of the old pets would be better.
I mean fernhound isnt an amphibien since launch ever dog is.
Spider poison fields have a kitten short duration.
Porcine are still useless because of the wonky pick up mechanic.
Underwater pets need love.
Pets dtats needs ajustments depending what their skillpool has on it not what kind of pet they are.
Wyvern need improving so they can hit something moving and make the kitten pet order f3 ground targeted and simultaniously the attack command and put a second choosable pet skill in the free slot.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

I did few rounds of spvp with my usual power build and I just.. Felt so useless. I didn’t think it would be this bad but ouch, this feels bad. I just want to curl up into a ball and cry under my table.

That is what I’m wondering – not having time to test the changes just seem to really bobble my mind. What options are there now from a sPvP or WvW point of view (not ignoring PvE/Raids)?

If I lean on support traits and gear I’m relying on my pet to make up my damage loss. So the dance is sustain and pet management. On the other hand if I am leaning towards DPS (conditional or berserker/maximum) then I’m forgoing survival traits with the exception of transferring to my pet for a bit of sustain.

Do they believe our pets are part of the ‘dress up Barbie’ META or are they supposed to play a vital role based on our choice of supporting or damage?

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Old pets don’t need buffs. They need to be fixed once and for all to be able to hit moving targets.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

This.
I felt pretty bad after trying my usual power+shouts setup in a few matches. I really, REALLY dislike playing Condi Ranger, but it feels like its the only other option beyond full on bunker/defense (for what THAT’s worth…) after the changes we’ve had recently.

Maybe its time to change Bristleback for something else. Its far too easy to avoid its barrage now, and even landing all of its hits doesn’t do so much (and worse yet, no more great Might stacking from it)
Any suggestions?
I was considering the Raven/Snow Owl again…

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

oshilator.4681

This.
I felt pretty bad after trying my usual power+shouts setup in a few matches. I really, REALLY dislike playing Condi Ranger, but it feels like its the only other option beyond full on bunker/defense (for what THAT’s worth…) after the changes we’ve had recently.

Maybe its time to change Bristleback for something else. Its far too easy to avoid its barrage now, and even landing all of its hits doesn’t do so much (and worse yet, no more great Might stacking from it)
Any suggestions?

Doesn’t matter.

Whatever we find that turns out to be effective will get an across-the-board nerf the next time a pvp’er loses a 1v1.

Headdesk

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Hahaha I have noticed lately today that I no longer have the damage to kill anything. A thief STOOD in my bristleback f2 that I had boosted with sic em. He still had half his life after it. I can no longer apply any reliable pressure to ellies. I cant disrupt the blocks of revenants and mesmers so they get to freely heal. Condi reapers are so kitten tanky that a boosted rapid fire with 25 stacks of might did less than 2k damage. Thats with a marauders amulet.

I hope you all like playing condi and bunker people. Because power atleast seems to be dead entirely. I just cant find a way to get hte damage I need to burst ANYTHING.

Haha thanks. Bladed chest gloves legs and boots. Triumphant shoulders and either the triumphant head piece or the Mask of the Wanderer skin. Glittering weapons and its all in starry night dye color.

Why does it look black? Starry night is blue. :O

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

The lighting in the pvp lobby is very dark and produces washed out colors.

Gear tends to look different based on where you are and what the base material is.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

How many times are they going to nerf these pets? This is starting to look like harrassment, someone call PETA!

Why so PETA and euthanise them in a van and dump them in a dumpster somewhere? (Fact: PETA does this regularly.)

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

oshilator.4681

My poor smokescale now suffers from CTE.

Headdesk

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Now you’ve done it. By posting that picture, you’ve given them a reason to nerf Glittering weapons.

Ranger

•Fixed a bug that made made Glittering weapons glitter more when pets were not stowed.

•Reduced the amount of glitter from Glittering weapons by 15%.

•All Glittering weapons now sparkle every 7 seconds for 1.5 seconds.

•Reduced all pet damage by 25% to account for the advantageous glitter effect that distracts opponents once every 7 seconds for 1.5 seconds.

:)

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

Starry Night is a very dark blue. Almost black infact. But when the light hits it right it gets a unique shine that i like. And the coloring fits glittering weapons more than going black or just blue would.

Ghost Yak

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

How many times are they going to nerf these pets? This is starting to look like harrassment, someone call PETA!

Why so PETA and euthanise them in a van and dump them in a dumpster somewhere? (Fact: PETA does this regularly.)

Oh, conspiracy theories! /pulls out a tinfoil hat

It looks like they have merged their business models and according to the recent Panama paper leak they are working under PETAnet.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

P.E.T.A connection = hilarious

Yes, even when down the Ranger community comes through with golden bombs of light and love. That, my fellow GW2 players, is what makes us great.

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

So back on topic, now I have to find a decent way to extract my runes of durability, insert trapper runes into my "probably not so smart I crated ascended celestial stat) armor and find condition/toughness accessories.

And go conditional with SB and probably melee of some sort which I’m sure I’m not very good at.

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

So I’m too depressed (and angry even) to look at the rest of the patch notes, but did they also kitten all over the other elite specs? I’m assuming this is not a well thought out attempt to tone down the power creep and is instead just anet despising the fact that humans play their creation of ranger, like the good old days.

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Mesmers and Revenants took a couple of hits. 2 Tempest shouts got a 5-second CD increase. That’s about it. On the flip-side, Dragonhunters can now see their off-hand weapons when throwing their Spear of Justice; something Rangers have been asking for since release when using main-hand Axe skills. xD

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Nobody should be shocked by the lunar impact nerf.

It was said long ago that if AFG got so easy you could enter CAF on cooldown, the skills would see increased cooldowns.

With every spvp druid build seemingly designed for having CAF available at cooldown it was inevitable.

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Well, not to be the harbinger of bad news but the nerf to ancient seeds is going to put us firmly under the boots of necro, warrior, Mesmer, and rev. That’s about a 50% nerf to our condi removal. CA got gutted because LI got nerfed as well as skill 2. Think about it, the seed will only remove 1 condi now.

Don’t even get me started on the pets, I am renaming pooky to toothless… Or maybe spineless… Whatever.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Blacksarevok.8104

Blacksarevok.8104

if they were going to nerf the smokescales direct damage they should have at least buffed its condi damage to 700 (or 1000) so that the bite bleed will somewhat make up for the direct damage loss

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

the hardest Burf is the Seeds nurf , its so lacking now even with 3 x untility of glyphs its not enough condi clear and its not quick enough.

they may have nurfed the allies support part of Seeds because its Aoe but 1 condi per glyph is not enough to keep a druid alive! when people don’t use Projeciles properly into light fields , way too much Anti- projecile in this game now too .

i had a few matches with my normal set up and got trashed by warroirs , engis anything hard cc + condi related i’d pop all 3 glyphs and to no vail the condi clears are not enough and its locks out utility use flexability whats the point of even having glpyhs if we can’t use them for the Actives rather than for casting seeds .
BM druid marksman set up with remorsless clerics amulet (normaly use Protect me as a optional shout ontop of Sotp+heal as one but had to hard change to 3 x glyphs or add in wk or Soilder runes) everything i had damage wise when into additional condi clear because 1 condi per glyph is weak as hell.

in my next few matches i went to Natural stride Condi Bleed druid and used sk/wk/druid
sk = top , bottom , top
wk = middle , middle, bottom
druid = top , bottom , bottom

after changing to survival skills i had 4x survival skills+ protect me or glyph of tides , muddy terrain, entangle , LR , troll ungent.

Anet better Nurf the high application skills FAST or un-nurf seeds .

welcome rangers back to bottom of the barrel.. : (

smoke scale nurf un-warrented
bristle back = 10% damage per projecile not enough needed to be 20% since someone in Anets balance department Honestly fuged up the maths on this f2.

even after this change i felt the difference this is was clearly more viable to surviving condi bursts / consistant condi application by switching back to using wilderness survival+druid for the condi/movement speed recovery but that ment i lost out on beastmastery or marksmanship even loosing out on skirmishing at a push for condi focused builds and power builds a like(power druids got hit hard due to not being able to use a damage trait line without loosing nearly all viable condi clearing)

anet really are pushing druids away from the dream of Specialised support and back into the trash.

the Seeds nurf needs to be reverted , it hurts real active use of the glyphs , the only reason to take glyphs in pvp now is for the actives no point in even using them for seeds anymore.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

if they were going to nerf the smokescales direct damage they should have at least buffed its condi damage to 700 (or 1000) so that the bite bleed will somewhat make up for the direct damage loss

It’s possible that it’s hybrid nature is what they were nerfing. It generates it’s own might stacks. And sotp makes 25 might stacks on pets super easy.

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

This.

Any suggestions?

Doesn’t matter.

Whatever we find that turns out to be effective will get an across-the-board nerf the next time a pvp’er loses a 1v1.

Yeah…hurts how true this is.

Nobody should be shocked by the lunar impact nerf.

I dont mind a CD increase, but adding that + a Daze nerf is excessive, especially after the changes to MoC last time.

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

oshilator.4681

All in the name of pvp.

>.<

Headdesk

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: SgtWantCuddles.5284

SgtWantCuddles.5284

First they came for Moment of Clarity, and I said nothing, because I thought “it could be worse.” Then they came for Seed of Life and Lunar Impact and suddenly I have filled my Vial of Salt.

Seriously though, Seed of Life was already a 2-3 second wait for the animation to finish before the condi clear actually popped, so it was never a “quick fix” condi clear anyways. If we HAVE to get it cut by 50%, can we at least get the seed bloom time reduced by 50% as well?

Also do we know if the reduction to Lunar Impact daze duration affects how much break bar it reduces? Because all my complaints are PvE based, since that’s all I really do, and this nerf affects it more than any other nerf so far.

Druids have been great for raw healing and crowd control, and decent at a few other things but never really overpowered in any one direction. I get that we have a support role – I love it, that’s why I main Druid. This nerf reduces our ability to be USEFUL and actually welcomed into PvE group content. (A fractal with 3 reapers doesn’t really raise any eyebrows but 2 druids and suddenly this fractal’s gonna take a lot longer!) This takes our condi clear abilities from “actually useful” to “pretty lackluster” and our (personal) might stack generation from “bursty” to “flaccid”.

All in the name of pvp, indeed.

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

Well, not to be the harbinger of bad news but the nerf to ancient seeds is going to put us firmly under the boots of necro, warrior, Mesmer, and rev. That’s about a 50% nerf to our condi removal. CA got gutted because LI got nerfed as well as skill 2. Think about it, the seed will only remove 1 condi now.

Don’t even get me started on the pets, I am renaming pooky to toothless… Or maybe spineless… Whatever.

This is exactly the first thing I saw, the 50% number. It is huge and to my knowledge can’t be made up with accessories, traits, runes, sigils, or even food.

Worse than what they did to trapper runes.

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

oshilator.4681

Nice of them to discuss these changes with us & get our feedback before knee-jerking another set of nerfs.

Oh wait….

(And to be clear, the change I take issue with is the nerf to Seed of Life. Everything else, while I don’t like it, I can live with.)

Headdesk

(edited by oshilator.4681)

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

First they came for Moment of Clarity, and I said nothing, because I thought “it could be worse.” Then they came for Seed of Life and Lunar Impact and suddenly I have filled my Vial of Salt.

Seriously though, Seed of Life was already a 2-3 second wait for the animation to finish before the condi clear actually popped, so it was never a “quick fix” condi clear anyways. If we HAVE to get it cut by 50%, can we at least get the seed bloom time reduced by 50% as well?

Also do we know if the reduction to Lunar Impact daze duration affects how much break bar it reduces? Because all my complaints are PvE based, since that’s all I really do, and this nerf affects it more than any other nerf so far.

Druids have been great for raw healing and crowd control, and decent at a few other things but never really overpowered in any one direction. I get that we have a support role – I love it, that’s why I main Druid. This nerf reduces our ability to be USEFUL and actually welcomed into PvE group content. (A fractal with 3 reapers doesn’t really raise any eyebrows but 2 druids and suddenly this fractal’s gonna take a lot longer!) This takes our condi clear abilities from “actually useful” to “pretty lackluster” and our (personal) might stack generation from “bursty” to “flaccid”.

yes the duraiton would effect how much is taken off everything that effects the break bar by time lowers its total by a tick amount for example 3seconds would take off 1/3 but a 1.5 would take off 1/5th ect even with MoC now luna impact will only scale to 4.5 seconds making it a garrenteed 1/3rd bar every luna impact depending on the event/boss champ type which have higher level break bars.

to the thread , even before the MoC changes it was simple people saw numbers a whined @ omG luna impact 6 seconds with a trait which did nothing else but increase CC time and a one off damage buff (in which Luna impact does jack all damage anyway)

Then they nurfed the MoC to 50% lowering LP to 4.5 now 2.5 base + 50% (1.75 total 4.25 seconds) there was no need to nurf the daze time down from 4.5 to 4.25 with MoC traited Pointless change before MoC changes it was 6seconds daze on a skill that had a effective 10-14second gate time , in pvp you’d be able to use it once thats it.

for pve you could use it many times due to having tanks ect so there was no need to drop out of CA to kite around.

Pointless changes.

Ps anet fix the kitten Warroir bug with its f2 clearing 6 condis rather than 3! thats more game breaking than anything in game right now.

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

I wanted to take solace in the fact I dropped Gw2, I wanted to come laugh, but wew lad.
I’m not even playing anymore and I’m angry.

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

So basically don’t use HoT pets. Got it.

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

So basically don’t use HoT pets. Got it.

i went back to wolf and MoA the damage/survial was much more reliable.

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

oshilator.4681

yes the duraiton would effect how much is taken off everything that effects the break bar by time lowers its total by a tick amount for example 3seconds would take off 1/3 but a 1.5 would take off 1/5th ect even with MoC now luna impact will only scale to 4.5 seconds making it a garrenteed 1/3rd bar every luna impact depending on the event/boss champ type which have higher level break bars.

to the thread , even before the MoC changes it was simple people saw numbers a whined @ omG luna impact 6 seconds with a trait which did nothing else but increase CC time and a one off damage buff (in which Luna impact does jack all damage anyway)

Then they nurfed the MoC to 50% lowering LP to 4.5 now 2.5 base + 50% (1.75 total 4.25 seconds) there was no need to nurf the daze time down from 4.5 to 4.25 with MoC traited Pointless change before MoC changes it was 6seconds daze on a skill that had a effective 10-14second gate time , in pvp you’d be able to use it once thats it.

for pve you could use it many times due to having tanks ect so there was no need to drop out of CA to kite around.

Pointless changes.

Ps anet fix the kitten Warroir bug with its f2 clearing 6 condis rather than 3! thats more game breaking than anything in game right now.

It’s not like they read anything we post here.

Or if they do, they disregard it.

Headdesk

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Pointless changes.

It’s not like they read anything we post here.

Or if they do, they disregard it.

gaile gray does and keeps note some times it gets passed on to the Dev’s/balance teams , its worth mentioning , the last time this happend the non-ranger community hounded the ranger so much it became trash untill we spoke up .

there is no point in keeping quiet look where that got us many leagues behind other classes and its heading that way again due to unfinished changes 1 example Sword AA changes No compensation for the damage loss.

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

Only way this would ever get reverted is if people stop playing the class. That just isn’t going to happen.

I don’t know the answer but was Druid even represented in any recent sPvP tournament or whatever we call these things here?

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Vicky.4563

Vicky.4563

Only way this would ever get reverted is if people stop playing the class. That just isn’t going to happen.

I don’t know the answer but was Druid even represented in any recent sPvP tournament or whatever we call these things here?

Yeah, you had Cole, Rom, Mancow, Paul, Eura, Bubby, Wang, and that other EU guy all running druid. That’s 8 teams. You had people who would never pick up druid in their life practicing it like Nos.

If that’s not slightly overtuned, I don’t know what is.

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Yeah, it’s either the 3rd or 4th most represented class, even moreso than usual with the recent Scrapper changes.

Regardless, any dev worth their salt would know that overused =/= overpowered. We use the pets because we have to since they are the only pets worth a kitten , not because we want to, although this patch reminds me of the old “death of the BM” patch where every pet worth using got a 25+% damage reduction.

I guess ANet logic: make every pet useless, and then they’re all balanced.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

Why did they nerf seed of life? How is cleansing two conditions in a small radius you have to stand in while waiting for it to blossom OP? Where did this nerf come from?

I mostly just go with it when Anet hits stuff with the bat, but not this one. Middle finger up.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

We get forced into NM/BM/Druid purely because of the strength of boon sharing and the added stats for our pets. We then might stack our pets to 25 might. Instead of BALANCING to provide rangers with more build diversity options we just get our crazy buffed pets, which we’ve invested heavily into, nerfed instead. Effectively making every ranger build worse.

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

We get forced into NM/BM/Druid purely because of the strength of boon sharing and the added stats for our pets. We then might stack our pets to 25 might. Instead of BALANCING to provide rangers with more build diversity options we just get our crazy buffed pets, which we’ve invested heavily into, nerfed instead. Effectively making every ranger build worse.

EXACTLY

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

Yeah, it’s either the 3rd or 4th most represented class, even moreso than usual with the recent Scrapper changes.

Regardless, any dev worth their salt would know that overused =/= overpowered. We use the pets because we have to since they are the only pets worth a kitten , not because we want to, although this patch reminds me of the old “death of the BM” patch where every pet worth using got a 25+% damage reduction.

3rd or 4th?

Did the 1st or 2nd get adjusted? I mean numerically speaking there are what, only 9 classes (um, revenant, warrior, guardian, engineer, ranger, thief, elementalist, Mesmer, and necromancer)? Did I leave any off?

Following this logic they should buff the bottom three classes, leave the middle tier alone since they are balanced, and adjust / nerf the top three merging top and bottom to the middle. Then next season see who is in what position and start again. Yeah, I’m over simplifying but who really cares what position or rank the classes end up.

If it was easy street then there would be a higher number represented but what I’m hearing we are 3rd or 4th out of 9! And for crying out loud this is just a small percentage of the population (i.e. a limited sample we call esport/tournament). How is the druid represented out of the current player base…

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Just to share my opinion with you guys, i know you will appreciate.

TR;DL: The tankiness of the druid was OP in competitive scenario, so this nerfs are more than welcome. That with the nerfs to their DPS should make them easy targets again so they could be again our primary target in any fight. Thank you, now the Druid can go back to where it belongs as a healbot in raids.

From the patch notes:

• Seed of Life: The number of conditions removed by this skill has been decreased from 2 to 1.
  • Lunar Impact: The cooldown of this skill has been increased from 5 seconds to 7 seconds. Daze duration has been reduced from 2 seconds to 1.5 seconds.
  • Ancient Seeds: Fixed a bug that allowed multiple triggers of this trait on a single target.
  • Juvenile Smokescale—Bite: The damage of this skill has been reduced by 15%.
  • Juvenile Smokescale—Takedown: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from being blocked.
  • Juvenile Bristleback—Spike Barrage: Fixed a bug that caused this skill to fire more projectiles than intended and reduced the overall projectiles to 10. Fixed a bug that caused 33% of the projectiles to deal 33% less damage than intended. Increased all projectile damage by 10%. Missiles are now fired directly at the target instead of at slight angles in the target’s direction. The missile launch point has been normalized, fixing a bug that caused some projectiles to fail if the creature was on an incline.

This is so cool. The nerfs in Seeds of Life will make the druid to not to be able to cleanse the team, not only the skill is very slow to cast (up to 3 seconds in some glyphs very randomly) but also will cleanse for less. Good riddance of druids cleansing the conditions in their team who let them think otherwise.

Lunar Impact was a very annoying skill. 2 full seconds of daze!! And the druids could cast it up to 2 times before have to get out from astral form!! Outrageous!! Now they will be able only to cast it only once, the astral form only last 15 seconds and 2 of those are consumed just in the aftercast from entering in it. 1.5 seconds wont be much of a problem: In wvw the servers simply can’t apply reliably stuns/dazes of less than 2 seconds, simply the lag will make you ignore the condition. Thank you Irenio, i was annoyed of the occasional daze from the random druid!!

The change in the ancient seeds is also great, usually i can ignore those because they are a really crap skill, but now the random druid won’t be able to stack 5 stacks of bleed in one attack. Really annoying.

And the only used pets got their DPS nerfed as well!! This is a very welcome change. The Druid usually did no damage at all, the walking stick they use just tickles, their only problem was those pets. Devs deciding to nerf them is a very good idea because now i can go back to ignore the pet completely and concentrate in the druid. Good lord that the new pets are getting in line with the Tyria’s pets!! We needed those!!

Thank you, now the Druid can go back to where it belongs as a healbot in raids.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

snip…
If it was easy street then there would be a higher number represented but what I’m hearing we are 3rd or 4th out of 9! And for crying out loud this is just a small percentage of the population (i.e. a limited sample we call esport/tournament). How is the druid represented out of the current player base…

In my current incursions in WvW in public squads with 50 members usually during the week no more than 3 or 4 out of 50.
Weekends usually a bit more because some Pver’s try this class in WvW. they quickly repent and on Sunday usually we go back to the week numbers.

Nobody likes a class that does not give you the same amount of bags by far, or die miserably unless you can outplay your enemies (AKA being better by far).

I don’t know id the dude in charge of the ranger is simply testing our patience with those continuing nerfs with no real improvements (and no the new sword animation chain is slower than older (worst DPS) and is still bugged not cleaving up to 3 targets).

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

Anet does a lot of great things with their game, but profession development is not one of them.

We should probably not post about profession stuff because it seems like a complete waste of thought and time.

I’ve never encountered a game where developers did so little to improve their classes and fix clear issues. I’ve also never played a game that had such limited roles, poorly defined roles and extremely limited viable build options. I won’t even get started on how I feel about support and healing… So much potential wasted.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: BlusterWolf.2103

BlusterWolf.2103

LoL, after so many years we are better off just accept these and move on; either keep playing ranger cuz you are die hard ranger player or for most other players switch to a much dev loved class like mesmer.

Forty Milliseconds…rangers who remember…know…

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

3rd or 4th?

Did the 1st or 2nd get adjusted? I mean numerically speaking there are what, only 9 classes (um, revenant, warrior, guardian, engineer, ranger, thief, elementalist, Mesmer, and necromancer)? Did I leave any off?

Following this logic they should buff the bottom three classes, leave the middle tier alone since they are balanced, and adjust / nerf the top three merging top and bottom to the middle. Then next season see who is in what position and start again. Yeah, I’m over simplifying but who really cares what position or rank the classes end up.

Yeah, I’m not saying I disagree, was just providing the information.

The representation is something like Rev/Mes/Ele/Ranger/Necro/Engi/Thief/Warrior/Guard.

Unranked population is pretty much the reverse order of this list, based solely on my anecdotal evidence.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Patch Notes 5-17

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

I approve this message.