Patch PvP Metabuild Changes/Options

in Ranger

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

But i undoubtedly have low MMR, since i’ve been away for about 6 months until this season. knew i would have to climb, started top of silver with 7/10 placements won and have climbed to plat 1 all soloq, without warhorn i couldnt do this. it allows me to kill bad players (more specifically engis) much fast to make more of an impact on the game. fighting 1v1 doesnt help anyone when lower tier your teammates just get cheeseburgered

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

Personally I’ve settled for 3 builds at the moment:

s/d soldiers – ideal vs less condi heavy and more power heavy comps. Good damage due to might stacking gallore.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAW8YnUqA1Ci9CCOsActglOBDelGTzpOBuAQh7pFEqWYl8s0A-TZxHQBK7CAkwHCAAOCA6Y/B5VGAA

s/d dolyak – very well rounded build, slightly better vs frequent condi spikes

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAW8YnUqA1Ci9rAOsActglOBDelGTzpOBuAQh7pFk4WYl8s0A-TpRHQBC4IAswHAQG2foAHEAAcBAoXZAA

lb dolyak – slightly more offensive and risky than s/d dolyak, but able to carry games where you cannot afford getting locked in 1v1s

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJAWTnUqA1Ci9rAOsActglOBDelGT3pOBuAQh7pFk4WYl8s0A-TpRHQBA4QAkh9HEwFAYhPAA6VGIcHBAA

Hey PVT, you knew it was inevitable I was going to pick you’re brain

What do you mean when you say “lb dolyak – slightly more offensive and risky than s/d dolyak, but able to carry games where you cannot afford getting locked in 1v1s”

It seems…almost contradictory. How can someone carry a game without 1v1’s?
Or do you mean….fights that take too long to win?

Or are you just playing off point, moving with the momentum of the fights and +1’ing?

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

LB is godly in support. I’m guessing he’s talking about matches where it’s a bunch of ahhwkw4rd (kitten filter picking up something weird) match ups like scrappers. Your thief delays the cap and then you hit the scrapper at the exactly wrong time with LB. So satisfying to kill those stupid things.

in Ranger

Posted by: Pvt Frosty.6973

Pvt Frosty.6973

Personally I’ve settled for 3 builds at the moment:

s/d soldiers – ideal vs less condi heavy and more power heavy comps. Good damage due to might stacking gallore.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAW8YnUqA1Ci9CCOsActglOBDelGTzpOBuAQh7pFEqWYl8s0A-TZxHQBK7CAkwHCAAOCA6Y/B5VGAA

s/d dolyak – very well rounded build, slightly better vs frequent condi spikes

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAW8YnUqA1Ci9rAOsActglOBDelGTzpOBuAQh7pFk4WYl8s0A-TpRHQBC4IAswHAQG2foAHEAAcBAoXZAA

lb dolyak – slightly more offensive and risky than s/d dolyak, but able to carry games where you cannot afford getting locked in 1v1s

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJAWTnUqA1Ci9rAOsActglOBDelGT3pOBuAQh7pFk4WYl8s0A-TpRHQBA4QAkh9HEwFAYhPAA6VGIcHBAA

Hey PVT, you knew it was inevitable I was going to pick you’re brain

What do you mean when you say “lb dolyak – slightly more offensive and risky than s/d dolyak, but able to carry games where you cannot afford getting locked in 1v1s”

It seems…almost contradictory. How can someone carry a game without 1v1’s?
Or do you mean….fights that take too long to win?

Or are you just playing off point, moving with the momentum of the fights and +1’ing?

I mean that on s/d it’s easy to be locked into a never ending 1v1. If it’s a druid or anything halfway sustainable, you won’t kill unless they are very very bad. But if it is a game where you really need to roam/apply more pressure for your team, longbow allows that. However it gets worse the more good players you play against, because it is not as slippery or mobile as s/d.

Difficult to explain here just add me in game if you want more precise answers

Just Filthy Kasuals – Bowscoooped!
YouTube / Twitch

in Ranger

EnderzShadow.2506

I know exactly what you mean. 1v1 with a menders build hits like a wet noodle.

Might stacking galore on menders shout? How?
Not how to might stack, how is it any more “might stacky” than the other builds.

I don’t care about getting to plat or legendary.
I’m tempted to go marauders, gs/lb- and light some people up.
Eat a tiger/gs burst and make people cry on the forums.

in Ranger

RedCobra.7693

Not how to might stack, how is it any more “might stacky” than the other builds.

Key to might stacking on druid is with “heal as one”. it copy’s any boons that your pet has and gives them to you (predetermined values though not an exact copy) might has the best duration from this if i recall correctly. combining this with pet swapping and your SotP can get some really good might stacks. maintaining anywhere between 15-25 stacks of might. ill list the sources below.

Sigil of courage (staff) – keeps 3-5 stacks of might
Sigil of battle (sword) – optional but gives a burst of 4 stacks might
pet swap (zephyrs speed) – keeps 3 stacks of might with overlap
Critical hits you do give might to your pet – keeps around 3 stacks of might to pet
Sotp – you and your pet grant might to each other. likely value 10 stacks might burst.

As with a lot of builds that stack might through passives your APM matter a lot, the fast you can get off your skills the better, healing often is key aswell. make sure you’re swapping pet right at the end of the cast bar for heal as one to benefit the most from quickness.

in Ranger

Pvt Frosty.6973

Key to might stacking on druid is with “heal as one”. it copy’s any boons that your pet has and gives them to you (predetermined values though not an exact copy) might has the best duration from this if i recall correctly. combining this with pet swapping and your SotP can get some really good might stacks. maintaining anywhere between 15-25 stacks of might. ill list the sources below.

Critical hits you do give might to your pet – keeps around 3 stacks of might to pet
Sotp – you and your pet grant might to each other. likely value 10 stacks might burst.

As with a lot of builds that stack might through passives your APM matter a lot, the fast you can get off your skills the better, healing often is key aswell. make sure you’re swapping pet right at the end of the cast bar for heal as one to benefit the most from quickness.

Well in a way your answer is right. Tho critical hits don’t give might to your pet ^^ and apm doesn’t really make much of a difference (for example you might want to wait with the heal until after your smokescale has done its revenant thing). Also sigil of battle really gives 8 stacks of might (4 for you and 4 for your pet)

What I really meant with the menders shout might stacking is that you have all the might stacking explained above plus the might generated through the utility guard (which generates 2 might stacks every time you are stuck, 1 for you and 1 for your pet)

YouTube / Twitch

(edited by Pvt Frosty.6973)

in Ranger

RedCobra.7693

Well in a way your answer is right. Tho critical hits don’t give might to your pet ^^ and apm doesn’t really make much of a difference (for example you might want to wait with the heal until after your smokescale has done its revenant thing). Also sigil of battle really gives 8 stacks of might (4 for you and 4 for your pet)

What I really meant with the menders shout might stacking is that you have all the might stacking explained above plus the might generated through the utility guard (which generates 2 might stacks every time you are stuck, 1 for you and 1 for your pet)

came back to this thread to mention guard and you beat me to it xD
I’ve been using guard within a variant for low condi enemy compositions. im finding it pretty good so far

you can also take fire wyvern for the fire field which is good but cant really comment on that i havnt used it much. smokescale is still really strong and i love bristleback too much because he sits the kitten still you can los with him.

i wanted to try out soldiers with guard and evasive purity for more team support with condi compositions but i think that might be counter productive with the lack of CA generation from dolyaks.

in Ranger

Pvt Frosty.6973

Well it’s the only way I would play guard (with soldier rune). Astral force generation is fine as long as you have permanent regen ^^ that is exactly why you can pretty much play it against power heavy comps nonproblem (they don’t have necros). Might be able to pull of against necros too but haven’t tested yet

YouTube / Twitch

in Ranger

EnderzShadow.2506

Good stuff—-most of which I knew. I guess my question, which honestly, I dont care now was “how is that build stack any more might than the others” and I think that was with guard.

And small update-
I played Lb/GS Remorseless. I love it. It’s a completely different playstyle.
I can’t reccomend if its good enough to take into the high ranks that you guys play at.

But at this level (Gold3) honestly it doesn’t play on the same playing field. It counters. No one expects the burst.

As an example, instead of trying to secure stomps against teams with necro, which can be a nightmare….. I just dps them down. I hit downs for 9 and 10k.

And it’s fun. (when we win at least)

(edited by EnderzShadow.2506)

in Ranger

RedCobra.7693

Good stuff—-most of which I knew. I guess my question, which honestly, I dont care now was “how is that build stack any more might than the others” and I think that was with guard.

And small update-
I played Lb/GS Remorseless. I love it. It’s a completely different playstyle.
I can’t reccomend if its good enough to take into the high ranks that you guys play at.

But at this level (Gold3) honestly it doesn’t play on the same playing field. It can counter it.

As an example, instead of trying to secure stomps against teams with necro, which can be a nightmare….. I just dps them down. I hit downs for 9 and 10k.

And it’s fun. (when we win at least)

sounds good, while a lot of people would scrunch their face up at my comment. something that helped me climb the ranks was warhorn. the unblockable, vuln, extra dps/ and high fury uptime let me stomp 1v1’s allowing me to contribute to teamfights more often. I’ve gotten to the stage now though that thieves are competent enough to understand their role and dagger is simply a must have for me

in Ranger

EnderzShadow.2506

I read your posts and I tried warhorn and I just couldn’t make it work for me.

in Ranger

RedCobra.7693

I read your posts and I tried warhorn and I just couldn’t make it work for me.

what is it that didnt work for you? anything in particular?

in Ranger

EnderzShadow.2506

I don’t like might stacking.

Might stacking feels akin to playing a engineer= clunky. Doing a thing to do another thing.

Add that with a bad internet connection and lag spikes, it’s too much to manage.

And I’m used to sw/dagger.
Warhorn, doesnt matter where I use it—WvW or SPvP and I’ve never liked it.

in Ranger

RedCobra.7693

I don’t like might stacking.

Might stacking feels akin to playing a engineer= clunky. Doing a thing to do another thing.

Add that with a bad internet connection and lag spikes, it’s too much to manage.

And I’m used to sw/dagger.
Warhorn, doesnt matter where I use it—WvW or SPvP and I’ve never liked it.

I dont take warhorn for the might stacking, although it wouldnt be a bad idea to give it a try with fire wyvern. you’re perfectly capable of stacking might without it. but warhorn or not, to win 1v1’s you need to be good at stacking might otherwise you dont have any damage.

in Ranger

EnderzShadow.2506

well, then there goes to show part of my losses.
I wouldn’t hit hard because I wasnt stacking might, but with dagger I was still living a long time and contesting points vs 2, sometimes 3.

The build I play now, the dmg is there…bear bow style :P

in Ranger

Posted by: Ashkew.6584

Ashkew.6584

Just wanted to drop by and say thanks for this thread, has been interesting to read and learn.,

in Ranger

RedCobra.7693

well, then there goes to show part of my losses.
I wouldn’t hit hard because I wasnt stacking might, but with dagger I was still living a long time and contesting points vs 2, sometimes 3.

The build I play now, the dmg is there…bear bow style :P

That’s still good, being outnumbered is a better winning scenario. usually for druid the best scenarios to climb ranks is jumping on far and being outnumbered, 9/10 matches they’ll keep sending a +1 to kill you. albeit you have to do enough pressure to the home point defender which means being able to damage druids enough for them to need assistance or forcing him to use celestial. when he stealth activate your pet smoke and dodge inside it so he can’t reveal himself you’ll get a decap pretty quick against worse Druids.

In this meta as well with all the bad DH’s they tend to always try and fill the home defender role (GOD KNOWS WHY) but who cares you counter DH pretty hard. The main reason why its so hard to win on druid is that its incredibly easy to get stuck in a 1v1 that can last ages. even if its your own node youre simply flipping a coin to win leaving your team to a 4v4, best case its an ele out of the team fight those things have been broken since release.