Path of Scars

Path of Scars

in Ranger

Posted by: Agricola.2817

Agricola.2817

Why was Path of Scars changed? It used to be a very simple skill to use in WvW but now its very difficult to actually catch someone with it. The radius is tiny and I have a difficult time actually getting it on target. Was it changed for PVE?

FC- TCCP

Path of Scars

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Not sure. I don’t really like the change, ground targeting in general sucks.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Path of Scars

in Ranger

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

PvE, got better for pulling mobs in since you can target behind them faster instead of just aiming for the guy in the back.

Path of Scars

in Ranger

Posted by: Agricola.2817

Agricola.2817

For WVW now though its gone from being useable to almost impossible to land on another player.

FC- TCCP

Path of Scars

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

PvE, got better for pulling mobs in since you can target behind them faster instead of just aiming for the guy in the back.

Don’t forget you don’t have to worry it will blast off into the void just like Team Rocket used to when facing a wall or a cliff. You’ll now always get both hits off if you don’t mess up and your target doesn’t move too fast. That – you couldn’t do on a lot of occasions before.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Path of Scars

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I dunno, I think it’s a good change for both modes. In the past the AI sent out the axe, now you can put it where you think the player will be (which is actually REALLY helpful in openworld PvE as well.) Not a guarantee of course, but if you predict correctly you’re going to land a possibly fight ending hit.

The more control we have the better.

Path of Scars

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

The ground-target control is top-notch, but the radius needs to be enlarged. Currently, its radius is a mere 90 radius while similar skills such as Revenant’s Envoy and Elementalist’s Phoenix has a 240 radius (though, these skills have an explosion effect).

An increase anywhere between 120 to 150 would make it perfect.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Path of Scars

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Problem with radius increase is that it is a ranged two part hit with significant travel times.

It will never hit an opponent with a heart pulse because of how much time the opponent has to avoid the second hit and pull.

They should make it so if the first hit lands, it knocks the target down and drags it to you with the returning hit.

Path of Scars

in Ranger

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

You can make pos somewhat more reliable by enabling the ‘snap ground target’ option so that when you have a person targeted and you pres it the ground target instantly goes under them. This makes is so you can fire the thing off faster but the issue is you will never hit anyone moving away because it is slow, so against anyone moving away you need to drop the lock on and manually throw it further in front of them.

Honestly to make pos actually reliable it needs 3 things:
a larger radius, just double it and reduce the number of targets to 3 (it can hit 3 times when going from and to you so 6 hits total)
a faster trajectory, even tho this was already buffed it is just not enough as at longer distances ppl can still just move away
A faster casting time/less aftercast, just to make it smoother

see no evil ,until i stab you

Path of Scars

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Not sure. I don’t really like the change, ground targeting in general sucks.

Don’t like the change either.

Yes, ground targeting is not great for this movement heavy game, and there are way too many skills designed this way.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Path of Scars

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

The ground-target control is top-notch, but the radius needs to be enlarged. Currently, its radius is a mere 90 radius while similar skills such as Revenant’s Envoy and Elementalist’s Phoenix has a 240 radius (though, these skills have an explosion effect).

An increase anywhere between 120 to 150 would make it perfect.

I’m thinking player targeted skills, targeted AoE skills and targeted AoE skills with after effects would serve this movement based game much better.

Axe main hand is an example of a good weapon for movement based combat. Axe off hand is not.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Path of Scars

in Ranger

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Axe #4 is badly designed yes, a pity. This skill has a good potential but the radius is way to small for a ground targeted skill. You could enlarge the radius, but I’d rather make it a single target skill (so no ground targeting at all) with maybe a little reduced range.

Path of Scars

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I’m thinking player targeted skills, targeted AoE skills and targeted AoE skills with after effects would serve this movement based game much better.

Axe main hand is an example of a good weapon for movement based combat. Axe off hand is not.

I prefer more player control and input compared to more auto-targeting and tab-targeting.

I’d rather it retain its current function with a small radius increase, and add what Zenith suggested. A knockdown, or at the very least a daze, on the outgoing strike so it is able to connect easier and setup MoC & Ancient Seeds better.

The alternative is, if it were to revert back to an auto-target, the projectile must be changed to a free-air projectile rather than traveling on the ground. In trade for losing directional control, the gain would be doing things such as pulling enemies from the top of keeps and cliffs.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Path of Scars

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

. . .

The alternative is, if it were to revert back to an auto-target, the projectile must be changed to a free-air projectile rather than traveling on the ground. In trade for losing directional control, the gain would be doing things such as pulling enemies from the top of keeps and cliffs.

<slams the hammer>

SOLD

This is a million-dollar idea.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Path of Scars

in Ranger

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

. . .

<slams the hammer>
SOLD

/Seconded

Path of Scars

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

. . .

<slams the hammer>
SOLD

/Seconded

Man that would be nice

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN