Pathetic Perception of Rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

Hello,

The goal of this post is to get the attention of the developers. This isn’t about the problems our class has, but it IS about the perception of our class in the game.

Our server is in T2. We have a lot of hardcore players. Its pretty sad that you can be on the server voice chat (yes server, not just guild) and everyone is laughing and making fun of rangers. I usually have pretty thick skin, but it happens every night. Even if I was the best ranger to grace this game (I’m not), it would be hard to hear this over and over. No matter how good I play the perception of just about everyone is that we rangers are just free bags.

Folks can make as many excuses for how good we are and tell me I suck at playing my profession or I’m doing it wrong, but it doesn’t change the fact that everyone else thinks this profession is garbage. Its to the point that people don’t even want to play with rangers around.

I paid for this game just like the guy playing the elementalist, thief, guardian, or mesmer. Fix this kitten class or give us something to change the perception so those of us who stick with it through all this crap talking can enjoy the game too.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in Ranger

Posted by: WonderfulCT.6278

WonderfulCT.6278

It’s been said enough times.

The reason I feel rangers are free bags is because of the pet which seems to be the reason for their lower dps.

I know any GC or BM ranger is a joke as the pet has virtually no chance of hitting the player in a duel and with the quickness nerf they don’t really have the dps to out burst other classes.

As a thief the pet actually increases SB dps and makes it a viable weapon for good damage.

Add more sound effects to The Minstrel plz.

in Ranger

Posted by: haxi.9038

haxi.9038

Actually what matters most is the skill of the player. That being said, most people who actively use ranger are noobs cos anyone with half a brain would have re-rolled another class long ago.

in Ranger

sceptus.9415

Actually what matters most is the skill of the player. That being said, most people who actively use ranger are noobs cos anyone with half a brain would have re-rolled another class long ago.

Perfect! That is exactly what I wanted the developers to see.

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Let them bash the ranger…that way when they’re killed by one it makes their humiliation all the better. You won’t see people in T5 bashing them considering we’ve all been killed by a ranger at some point or another (some more than others), and you see them quite a lot down here.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Ranger

haxi.9038

Perfect! That is exactly what I wanted the developers to see.

yay high five

Let them bash the ranger…that way when they’re killed by one it makes their humiliation all the better. You won’t see people in T5 bashing them considering we’ve all been killed by a ranger at some point or another (some more than others), and you see them quite a lot down here.

Never said Ranger was bad at killing players. Good in small scale skirmishes in T5 but not so good in bigger fights. Come to think about it, everyone has been killed by a certain class at some point.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jos.8793

Jos.8793

^^
This .
However a good thing about the ranger is that u enjoy every Other classes a lot more after playing one. Due to quickness nerf i’m leveling a thief atm and wvw wise i’m constantly surprised about how it’s just way better in every way compared to my ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

inb4 “No! Its you who is doing something wrong!”
inb4 “Want a duel with my ranger?”
inb4 “My spirits are awesome wut are you tawking about”
inb4 “Im no noob, I can tank TA with my ranger”

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

I rerolled a thief like two months ago. While roaming around in wvw, I found killing rangers are extremely boring… As a noob condition dmg trolling thief, I spam d/d 3 and most rangers will be died… not fun =/

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

in Ranger

Posted by: Venereus.9473

Venereus.9473

You forgot “nobody else can DPS from the safety of 1500 range”

in Ranger

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

What do you expect on a server wide voice chat? I’m sorry but that’s comical. Rangers are one of the most under powered classes and the pet AI is beyond pathetic and I still think the class is somewhat solid, as said above, skill takes over.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

I know any GC or BM ranger is a joke as the pet has virtually no chance of hitting the player in a duel and with the quickness nerf they don’t really have the dps to out burst other classes.

Please guys stop saying things like these,we will make devs angry and they will hatenerf us.We are probably one of the best (imo the best) in 1v1,especially with BM build where you can have high healing-defense and high dmg from your pet(yes sometimes it misses but lets be serious,not all the times for God sake)

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Also guys please,everyone is tired of this kind of threads?

“Rangers are bad,they do 0 dmg and their pets never hit”

This is not an thread that if i was dev i would like to watch over.Bring numbers to the table,make examples with situations and have clues.Not just rangers are bad i roll a thief and i m killing them cause @Ping.5739 you are totally wrong,no matter how many d/d 3 you spam you cant kill anyone just by doing this,you must be doing something else too.
Theres a nice thread called chill Ranger,check it out

in Ranger

Venereus.9473

Also guys please,everyone is tired of this kind of threads?

“Rangers are bad,they do 0 dmg and their pets never hit”

Anything that lowers the chances of having rangers in my groups is a good thing.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bredin.5368

Bredin.5368

@sceptus.9415

That is strange. I’m on your server and on the WvW mumble every day and I’ve never heard what you experienced. Even though the server is T2, perhaps you spend your time in a lower tier channel?

All kidding aside, well-built/well-played rangers on our server kick kitten solo and in small to mid size group skirmishes. Maximizing our contribution in large zergs requires some very specific skills, but I don’t know that thieves, for example, are any better in this situation.

I do admit that rangers have core problems (e.g., pet responsiveness) and provide ‘special’ group contribution, like ele’s or mesmers.

in Ranger

Posted by: SlemFyr.7936

SlemFyr.7936

Rangers do suck and I’m seriously considering rerolling if nothing happens soon. I really want a ranger option to be lose the pet and have different “pet buffs” as a supplement.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Rangers do suck and I’m seriously considering rerolling if nothing happens soon. I really want a ranger option to be lose the pet and have different “pet buffs” as a supplement.

Just re-roll. People like me, who will stick with ranger and still consider it “main”, play it because of the feel and the play style. For us, maximum fun is an arrow to the knee of the foe, or a stealth cat yak attack. People like to do what’s most fun to them. Why don’t you? Or is trolling the fine folks here having fun with ranger your idea of maximizing fun?

What I can’t understand is why you guys would come here and troll or whatever. Everyone knows where ranger is. I think it’s funny how people talk about “ANET doesn’t care/know our problems” when they designed the profession and, as a whole, know more about it than most of us ever will. ANET knows where ranger is, no doubt. What we can say for sure is that ranger is far from useless, some people maximize fun by playing them, and the difference bringing a ranger to a dungeon, in general, nil. Dungeon runs are skill limited not profession limited.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

haxi.9038

^^
This .
However a good thing about the ranger is that u enjoy every Other classes a lot more after playing one. Due to quickness nerf i’m leveling a thief atm and wvw wise i’m constantly surprised about how it’s just way better in every way compared to my ranger.

Yup having a blast with my warrior.

You forgot “nobody else can DPS from the safety of 1500 range”

Engineers can do that too…more dmg+aoe…yes grenades use ground targeting and may miss(depends on player skill) but longbow misses too at max range(does not depend on the player’s skill).

Haha guess those hardcore ranger fans gonna say that eh? Sometimes I’m not even sure if they are serious or just trolling.
But anyway:
1)inb4 “No! Its you who is doing something wrong!”
…no comment

2)inb4 “Want a duel with my ranger?”
Sure lemme grab my Ranger and duel with you. If I win, I win and if I lose, I still win. Winning here, Winning there, Winning on both ends, Bi-Winning!

3)inb4 “My spirits are awesome wut are you tawking about”
I have to agree with this, Spirits are really awesome compared to Guard.

4)inb4 “Im no noob, I can tank TA with my ranger”
As someone from a TA private group in gw2, I can tell you that I wouldn’t want a Tanky Ranger but I’m fine if you’re gonna switch to that when the last boss is dying. Yea I get it that you are no noob but you dont wanna tank stuff in PvE, you wanna kill them.
In PvE, you want to kill things fast, be it high dps, giving might to your allies, healing everyone, granting stability, aegis, cc on boss etc etc to allow everyone to dps 100% of the time. Yea sure I’ve heard of rangers soloing dungeons they are great players but…come’on…you wanna spend like I’m not even sure how long doing that?

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Adding haxi to blocked list…where I keep trolls in their place.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gelltor.3015

Gelltor.3015

All you can do is ignore them I guess,there’s always one or two classes in every mmo considered “weak”
Or just go start playing spvp and start mocking warriors instead,whichever works!

in Ranger

Posted by: Neb.4170

Neb.4170

‘Anyone who doesn’t like my pet class is a troll’

You sure put him in his place???

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Not at all, rather, all of the writing style and all the “inb4” just seemed really spammy and trollish. I may as well block you too. No reason to have to take a chance that I might have to talk to you guys in game. It’s better this way. It’s not about putting someone in their place, rather, putting trollish behavior on “ignore” in game. That stuff only flies here, as you guys lose with ranger and lose against rangers then stroke your ego by putting down everyone who has fun. You must not play for fun.

in Ranger

haxi.9038

Hey just ignore him. Its enough as long as you know that you are not trolling. Guess the troll he is talking about is himself.

Well this might be partly my fault cos my posts turned out to be a little offensive while I was trying to word them in such a way that they would be interesting to read. Sorry if I offended some of you good mannered rangers out there!

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

I prefer listening to their complaints Chopps…because then I can laugh hysterically while destroying some of the so-called ‘better classes’ in WvW.

[hS]

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Hey just ignore him. Its enough as long as you know that you are not trolling. Guess the troll he is talking about is himself.

Well this might be partly my fault cos my posts turned out to be a little offensive while I was trying to word them in such a way that they would be interesting to read. Sorry if I offended some of you good mannered rangers out there!

I actually found them pretty funny and was about to make a post that used every single one of the things you said “inb4!” on, but i decided against it because it’d likely get me another infraction or something stupid like that…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I prefer listening to their complaints Chopps…because then I can laugh hysterically while destroying some of the so-called ‘better classes’ in WvW.

But RYU!! Rangers can’t kill thieves like ever!! Everyone knows rangers are only steam rolling thieves now because of that one buff we never actually got!!

in Ranger

haxi.9038

I actually found them pretty funny and was about to make a post that used every single one of the things you said “inb4!” on, but i decided against it because it’d likely get me another infraction or something stupid like that…

No you misunderstood! Ping.5739 came up with the inb4 stuff, not me. Hell, I even had to google inb4 cos I didn’t even know what it meant. A few interesting answers came to my mind and just thought I would share with you all.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

No you misunderstood! Ping.5739 came up with the inb4 stuff, not me. Hell, I even had to google inb4 cos I didn’t even know what it meant. A few interesting answers came to my mind and just thought I would share with you all.

Oh i know, you used some of them in one of your posts though.

in Ranger

Posted by: roadkill.3749

roadkill.3749

Heh, read a few posts. I know what you mean sceptus but tbh I don’t give a kitten. A lot of people might say that on TS but how many have the courage to say it to your face? And how many of those have the courage to fight you in 1vs1? And how many do actually win? Before they nerfed quickness I was owning pretty much everything except always invisible thieves and 1000 powerful illusions mesmers. Now I’ve changed to Sb/Sb Jaguar beastmaster and I haven’t lost 1 fight in 1vs1. So I feel pretty good about my class. Sure I’ve been pushed into a corner like a rat because of the lack of builds but we’re rangers! We’ll always adapt! The best of us will anyway.

Dedicated Seafarer’s Rest player
member of Circle of Nine

in Ranger

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

I’ve had a few dedicated friends to the game PM me when I got back (just took a 4~ month break) saying rangers were actually in a pretty high up place in the meta.

I run near exclusively a ranger and its been treating me very well for the past 2 weeks.

in Ranger

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

“Pathetic Perception of Rangers”, I don’t blame our Oppressors at all.
They are correct in every aspect.

We were made and designed to Fail; be Brokened, Oppressed, Insulted, Belittled,Taunted and Humiliated by the other classes; we are the weak.

We no Longer worthy of even being called Rangers. We are so Broken, we innocently offer ourselves as a “free sacrifice” to the other classes; in fact a Martyr for them.

While the elitists classes get a lot of improvements and enhancements, we get stripped off from our core of survivability.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Ranger

garethh.3518

I can laugh hysterically while destroying some of the so-called ‘better classes’ in WvW.

TPvP is the only place that the details of balance come out.
There are videos of eles/thieves winning 1v4s in WvW.

in Ranger

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

It’s funny that people believe that Rangers are some default new player class. People are gonna choose what appeals to them personally regardless. It’s not the new players or “noobs” that will continue to be rangers through the higher levels. It’ll be those who made it work for them and/or those who are die hard fans of the class that will continue to use it. The “noobs” will be the first to move on to a different class that is easier to play (AKA new player friendly).

Which brings me to the point. The ranger class in this game is not new player friendly. There are quite a few quirks that keep it from being new player friendly. Just two that I can think of are…

1. The bow (particularly the long bow) is seen as a signature weapon of the class. Yet, what most new players won’t have any idea about is that the long bow does more damage at it’s max range and reduced damage at point blank range (something which shouldn’t exist).

2. Pets, die very easily. Especially during champ fights. If in a group you are better off using a range pet and make sure that pet stays at range while some guardian tanks. If you swap before your pet dies, your swap timer is less than if you wait for your pet to die before swapping (again, something that should not be the case). So at what point do you swap? With how fast they can die, your pet can easily go from having a few more hits left to insta dead. This makes swapping at just the right time a very tedious and frustrating ordeal.

Pets also lack any development of their own other than being of equal level to you and so their stats are set appropriately to their level. A trait that gave your pet a % of your stats would be awesome. If you spec yourself to be a tank, your pet will be a better tank. If you spec to do better condition damage, your pet will do better condition damage. Etc.

in Ranger

haxi.9038

It’s funny that people believe that Rangers are some default new player class. People are gonna choose what appeals to them personally regardless. It’s not the new players or “noobs” that will continue to be rangers through the higher levels. It’ll be those who made it work for them and/or those who are die hard fans of the class that will continue to use it. The “noobs” will be the first to move on to a different class that is easier to play (AKA new player friendly).

Which brings me to the point. The ranger class in this game is not new player friendly. There are quite a few quirks that keep it from being new player friendly. Just two that I can think of are…

1. The bow (particularly the long bow) is seen as a signature weapon of the class. Yet, what most new players won’t have any idea about is that the long bow does more damage at it’s max range and reduced damage at point blank range (something which shouldn’t exist).

2. Pets, die very easily. Especially during champ fights. If in a group you are better off using a range pet and make sure that pet stays at range while some guardian tanks. If you swap before your pet dies, your swap timer is less than if you wait for your pet to die before swapping (again, something that should not be the case). So at what point do you swap? With how fast they can die, your pet can easily go from having a few more hits left to insta dead. This makes swapping at just the right time a very tedious and frustrating ordeal.

Pets also lack any development of their own other than being of equal level to you and so their stats are set appropriately to their level. A trait that gave your pet a % of your stats would be awesome. If you spec yourself to be a tank, your pet will be a better tank. If you spec to do better condition damage, your pet will do better condition damage. Etc.

No you are wrong…Most newbies don’t really know much about other classes. Most people would be absorbed in the open world pve (which rangers are pretty good at, feels so kitten saving others from that vet mob). So many things to discover like crafting etc and before you know it you hit 80. Thing is, pets are op when everyone is wearing blue or green gear.
Ah but once you start playing abit more from there, you realize some of the problems rangers face in end-game/high-end pve and people start to think about whether they can handle this class or not. While I agree with you that some “noobs” who find that the class does not suit them will start to roll guardians and whatnot, good players aren’t just going to sit either there when there are other classes that better reward their skills , be it at killing players or killing ai.

And btw what was all that talk about longbow about? It states clearly in the tooltip about different damage at different range if you so much as hover your mouse over the skill. Please show some respect to new players, they may be new but not kitten

(edited by haxi.9038)

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

I still wonder WHY the longbow does more damage at long range. If you were to shoot a bow in real life, where do you think it’d do more damage, right at point-blank range when it’s released with all that power, or long-range when most of that power is gone and the air friction is taking over and slowing it down? Rules of science say it’d do more damage at close range, yet it doesn’t. Makes no sense IMO…I personally think the damage it does at long range should be kept, but the closer the enemy gets to you, the more damage the longbow does. At least then I’d be tempted to keep it on me at all times that way I have some serious damage being dealt.

[hS]

in Ranger

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

First off.. people will be people. I remember having the same types of discussion about eles earlier in the game. That said, I do believe ranger needs one fix in particular. That is to slightly change the proportion of damage between the ranger and his pet. I believe I have seen that this is set at roughly 60/40. It wouldnt be much of a problem if the damage from the pet was reliable, but it just isnt (due to everything from pet death to animation roots on attack to just bugs on F2, etc). I think even setting it to 70/30 would be a great change (or, basically, a 10% shift regardless of what the split is currently). It seems small, but I think it would be just about perfect.

Just wanted to add that as someone who has leveled 6 classes to 80 (ranger, ele, thief, engi, necro, mesmer), ranger is still my favorite. I feel very effective in large and small engagements but I have to play my heart out, where as on some other classes, its basically just 1-1-1-2, or close to it. Its important to note though, that I pretty much exclusively play WvW. I do not participate in s/tpvp or dungeons (just not my thing), so my feedback reflects that.

I wish the f2 on my pigs worked semi-reliably again. :\

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

(edited by Tuluum.9638)

in Ranger

Venereus.9473

All kidding aside, well-built/well-played rangers on our server kick kitten solo and in small to mid size group skirmishes. Maximizing our contribution in large zergs requires some very specific skills, but I don’t know that thieves, for example, are any better in this situation.

Let me enlighten you: Shadow step into enemy zerg, Daggerstorm, Shadow return when health too low. After that Thief Shortbow has more AoE than both Ranger bows.

I won’t lie, BM tanks and Trappers are good WvW duelists just like they are in sPvP, but WvW duels are pointless, literally, they don’t win WvW because they give no points and hardly matter in the greater scheme of things. It’s nice for your e-rep but that’s it. It gets worse once you realize thieves and eles can duel just as well but kill faster, therefore allowing them to move to an important objective sooner, while reducing the chances of enemy reinforcements showing up before the duel is over.

And once you move up from solo roaming to small to mid size groups you’re back to the Dungeon Ranger Dilemma: any other class will outperform you, no matter how well you play.

in Ranger

sceptus.9415

Just to make sure you guys understand, and clear up some of your misconceptions, I have no problems with my ranger or how he performs. I actually love the class. I have four other 80s that are geared out (Guard, Mesmer, Necro, Engi). I know how to play the game. I know my stengths and limitations. I’m not here to complain about the class. I’m complaining about the PERCEPTION that our class sucks and are easy bags for everyone. I mostly do WvW.

@Bredin – or perhaps you didn’t hear it because you, my friend, are in the lower tier channels. See what I did there? Hello fellow TC player.

[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in Ranger

garethh.3518

I still wonder WHY the longbow does more damage at long range.

Don’t try to make sense of MMO combat mechanics.
Like ever.

Why does breaking someones back (war hammer) only knock them on the ground for 2 seconds??
Where is the ambulence and numerous braces along with years of physical therapy to recovery
?? ??
Who is paying for all that
!?!?
Why is the 1 foot tall Asura able to do it!!!!?!??!

Sense doesn’t happen.
It’s an MMO, short of a faint resemblance to it, it doesn’t make sense and isn’t supposed to in lue of more entertaining game mechanics.
Albeit, with the longbow as it is, this is a crippling mechanic in TPvP.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

Everything else I can understand due to magic (which means it is exempt from logic). But doing less damage at close range on a longbow? THAT makes no sense, even if you include magic into the argument (which with magic we’d be doing equal damage at all ranges like the shortbow).

[hS]

in Ranger

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

No you are wrong…Most newbies don’t really know much about other classes. Most people would be absorbed in the open world pve (which rangers are pretty good at, feels so kitten saving others from that vet mob). So many things to discover like crafting etc and before you know it you hit 80. Thing is, pets are op when everyone is wearing blue or green gear.
Ah but once you start playing abit more from there, you realize some of the problems rangers face in end-game/high-end pve and people start to think about whether they can handle this class or not. While I agree with you that some “noobs” who find that the class does not suit them will start to roll guardians and whatnot, good players aren’t just going to sit either there when there are other classes that better reward their skills , be it at killing players or killing ai.

And btw what was all that talk about longbow about? It states clearly in the tooltip about different damage at different range if you so much as hover your mouse over the skill. Please show some respect to new players, they may be new but not kitten

People don’t say to themselves “well I’m new to this so I’ll roll a ranger”. They will pick the class that is appealing to them and when people see ranger, they’ll think pet and bow. Not everyone will like those two things. Some people find the idea of magic more appealing and so they will be looking at the ele, mesmer and necro. Other people will find being sneaking more appealing and so they will try out the thief. Yet, others still will want to step toe to toe with the enemy and laugh at their futile attempts to do them harm so they will role warrior or guardian for the tanking.

Whether or not their expectations are met or not by how the class works in game is another story. This is where those who have had their expectations met, or those who are die hard fans of the class will stick with it. Those who have been disappointed will try out other classes.

I’m speaking from personal experience here. I’m new to GW2 but not new to MMORPGs. I’ve always been a fan of the ranger. The first character I made was a ranger and only got to lvl 24 before I finally decided to try a class that appealed to me second to the ranger. The necro. Only after getting my necro to 60 I tried another class. I now have a lvl 20 guardian. Then I finally went back to the ranger because I’m a die hard fan of the class. I’m also slowly getting it to work for me. I’ve soloed more champions with my ranger than I have with either of the other two. Although I have a feeling that I could solo even more if I get my guardian up further.

For those that pick ranger, even for pve will be surprised at just how fragile their pet is. Especially at the lowest levels since you can’t even trait into beast mastery and beef up your pet’s survivability. I know I was. After having played GW1 or worse yet, WoW where a tank pet can be almost as tough as another player character.

So again I say that those who have max out their ranger are people who have made it work for them (or at least they think they made it work for them) or those who are simply fans of the class and will play it no matter how kitten ANet makes it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

I love my ranger . What can i do , i get all warm and fuzzy inside when i play her

in Ranger

Posted by: Luriyu.6873

Luriyu.6873

one of my favourite things to do in W3 is to use my SPvP finishers and down them that way…i feel it adds more to the humilitation especially when they get finished by deers and rabbits…i have over 100 of both so, i need to use them somehow.

in Ranger

Posted by: WonderfulCT.6278

WonderfulCT.6278

Please guys stop saying things like these,we will make devs angry and they will hatenerf us.We are probably one of the best (imo the best) in 1v1,especially with BM build where you can have high healing-defense and high dmg from your pet(yes sometimes it misses but lets be serious,not all the times for God sake)

The pet (typically) does not miss me, it does not get to the point where it can attack me.

They are as easy to kite around as npcs (I wonder why). They can probably be kited by simply running forward and backward.

They can’t hit to the point where it feels like they are an open world pve mob as opposed to a dungeon mob where evading attacks in melee range typically requires evasion.

Also I don’t play ranger very much which I hope was evident by what I posted.

Add more sound effects to The Minstrel plz.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

If pets actually hit reliably, rangers would be fine; right now our damage tends to be a major gamble, meanwhile pretty much every other class gets much more precise control over when they do their extra damage.

… not to mention pets aren’t really unique to the ranger…. other classes have adds too and they get more of them (and usually tend to hit more often as well as causing better targeting problems)….

The only reason I haven’t re-rolled another class is because I do enjoy the ranger skills quite a bit; even if they tend to be kittened compared to others.

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Let me take a stab at them…see how “easy” rangers are after they’re foaming at the mouth with poison…

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Posted by: OctopusX.7185

OctopusX.7185

I mostly play WvWvW
I see that us, rangers sux cuz that dmg limit (pet reduces 0-40% *idk what part of our dmg it really takes off). With that % of extra dmg i using glasss cannon modified build would kill most of others proffesions out there with almost no sweat. Rangers can still be good in some 1v1 situations, but if there’s thief or mesmer, i rather turn arround and run. Ofc it deppends if mesmer and thief is an experienced player.

Fact is, rangers are ok, sure they got broken traits and some skills (spirits). The biggest ranger’s problems are pets; either remove them or fix em, it’s not fair we MUST have smth that it hurts us (0-40% dmg taken away), while other proffesions got full dmg (100%).
They meant that pet is ranger’s best companion…. my rat’s kitten it is it’s a freeking pest for us.
Back to topic; yes rangers can be quite a walking lootbags if not carefull…

in Ranger

Posted by: HotHit.6783

HotHit.6783

There is no alternative, the Ranger’s playstyle is unique. Enjoying playing the game less just to please PUGs is ridiculous.

Never Fight Alone” – Sunspear Creed
There, it’s dead and it’s never coming back!” – Famous last words

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

There is no alternative, the Ranger’s playstyle is unique. Enjoying playing the game less just to please PUGs is ridiculous.

Well most the people that QQ about rangers being bad are hot join heroes…. Or worse…. Zerglings shivers

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

They are the first to fall to us Durzlla. They don’t spec for survival and tend to fall fast. Flame Trap, Spike Trap, Frost Trap, Entangle, plus a Barrage…watch the amount of downs you get.

[hS]