Pathetic Perception of Rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: unseen.7245

unseen.7245

Bear pet, Protect Me!, Entangle, Flame Trap & Barrage with pet swap quickness used to do it for me before the quickness nerf. Now it’s a bit harder to kill, but still not impossible

Ranger (80) Lamia Fatalis [PIST]
Seafarer’s Rest

in Ranger

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Hello,

The goal of this post is to get the attention of the developers.

You have failed.

Don’t feel bad or get upset. It’s just how things go. We’re ignored, promised fixes, spat in the face, wait a few months, repeat. This forum has little if anything to do with the cycle.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

It’s been said enough times.

Then we’ll hit up their nice statictics about this <3

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Ranger

Posted by: Vaya.1354

Vaya.1354

WOW, I hate to be that one but you guys don’t know how to play, my ranger is superior in 1v1, people still think that attacking the pet is a waste, while my own attacks are just used to support my pet, my role is to tank while the pet finishes my opponent off.
With so many traits that buff the pet’s offence, using them the right way can turn your pet into a serious killing machine.
Your pet can’t reach the target? 30% speed trait, crippling and stun, maybe entangle him too!
Mesmers? keep space between you and him and his shatters will be worthless
thief? greatsword #4 when he goes stealth, watch him trying to backstab you
elementalist is one build that I find hard to beat, but it’s hard to beat for ever other build aswell, so it’s not a ranger issue
seriously read some guides or play a bit more with your ranger, I’ve never been free loot, specially in 1v1, I’m unbeatable underwater 1v1 because they can’t finish me and my pet heals, and in general we’re one of the strongest builds in downed state, our pets can just keep going forever, ur pet almost dies you switch and the other pet has to survive for 15sec then u switch back.
the bad side in rangers is that they have poor condition removal and poor AoE, but you can’t have everything.
I agree that rangers could use a little tweaking, but they’re NOT underpowered.

in Ranger

Posted by: Semil.8279

Semil.8279

You realize that the game is balanced around sPvP and tPvP. Peoples’ complaints quite often come from the fact that the spvp and tpvp participation is fairly small compared with the rest of the game, and strengths in one area and playstyle don’t necessarily transfer to the rest of the game.