Permanent Pet Stow Option

in Ranger

Posted by: Expansive.3716

Expansive.3716

Yes, I know another “pet thread”, and if a similar thread was made then please excuse me.

But Anet, I think it would be better to have a stow option for the pet. So instead of having F3 make the pet come back to you, can that command be used to store the pet away? And with that said, it would work to where the pet would not come out only until you hit the F1 command to have your pet attack.

Now the next thing that would come to mind is how my idea correlates to a player during combat. Well we know that when a pet is attacked, then its health gets low, and you decide to call it back to you, then the pet’s health will not be replenished until after the enemy is defeated.

If my idea were to be implemented, then I feel that you could just command your pet to be stowed away, and then the pet’s health will have to remain the same during combat. Also the cooldown on the F2 would stay intact as well if a player used it during combat. So pretty much everything would remain the same, but just a tweak with having the pet out or not.

The main point is that it’s often a hindrance to have the pet out all the time and with the suggestion I made, it would allow the player to have better control over the animal. Yes I know we have a stow option now but it doesn’t work effectively and it would be best to have that as a command a la F3.

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Hugely disagree with making F3 stow the pet. Calling a pet back to your side is quite useful and I would not want to lose that functionality.

Making the current stow command permanent rather than just having the pet come right back out the second you make damage would do just fine.

in Ranger

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

i just like the stow option to work as intended when i want my pet away they shouldnt appear just because i jumped down a hill and took a bit of damage or come out when im in a jumping puzzle . i dont do jumping puzzles due to pets even when im on my other chars because of others people pets in my way

in Ranger

Posted by: Blighton.6425

Blighton.6425

Step #1 get a small pet, like a raven, eagle, or Snow Owl
Step #2 Set pet to Passive
Step #3 Ignore Pet

there is your Pet Stow workaround

in Ranger

Posted by: Joker.5016

Joker.5016

Step #1 get a small pet, like a raven, eagle, or Snow Owl
Step #2 Set pet to Passive
Step #3 Ignore Pet

there is your Pet Stow workaround

Lol, this is only a temporary fix and really hurts us. Pets are speculated to be around 45% of our damage output regardless of build/perk/traits. So by doing this, you’re “ignoring” 45% of your damage potential.

Lieutenant of Reawakened[RE] ~ Sanctum of Rall

in Ranger

Posted by: YumCHA.8706

YumCHA.8706

This should be moved to Suggestions but what the heck. I vote yes.

Rangetastic, 80 Ranger | Archers United [ARC]
Sea of Sorrows

in Ranger

Posted by: Haya jii san.1978

Haya jii san.1978

It hurts me that people nowdays do not bother to take a brief look on the forums before they post w/e they would have in mind … Seriously, spare a min or 2 next time

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Pet-overhaul/first#post649887 = What you are looking for !