Pet Breeding

Pet Breeding

in Ranger

Posted by: Talmor.9048

Talmor.9048

Can we please have pet Breeding in the game? You could fuse animals together to make unique breed blends. You could use the template of one of the animals, but mix and match the stats/abilities of the creature to make a unique animal.

I know there will be the complaints, “Why don’t we fix pets first before we try new ideas.” Please do not post those. What are your thoughts on breeding pets.

- Farstrike
Dragon Brand

Pet Breeding

in Ranger

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

My Murelloa will be the cutest pet of all.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

Pet Breeding

in Ranger

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

Sharktopus?

/15 char

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

Pet Breeding

in Ranger

Posted by: PsionicDingo.2065

PsionicDingo.2065

The Rules Lawyer in me says that it’s useless because all animal families already share the same stats, and the only difference is the F2 skill.

My psychic knife. The focused totality of my psychic powers.

Pet Breeding

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179

The Rules Lawyer in me says that it’s useless because all animal families already share the same stats, and the only difference is the F2 skill.

Intern in the back: How about we breed the animals with players?
ANet devs all look at him scowling.
Random dev: Yeah that can work.
Nods of approval and grunts of agreement circle the room as they add new races with new skills like “furious maul” to upcoming patch notes.

Sorry OP, I’m really having a hard time taking this idea seriously :P We’re playing GW2, not Pokemon.

(edited by Faux Sheaux.6179)

Pet Breeding

in Ranger

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

I’m all for more interesting pet abilities and major buffs to the pets that are commonly disregarded as useless but “breeding pets”? I’m with Faux. That’s not something I would support being added at this time, if ever. If at some point in a couple years, after they address many, many other more important issues first, they put it in I wont hate on it. For now though I think that’s best left to pokemon…even though I know we’re all dying to get our hands on a spiderpig.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

Pet Breeding

in Ranger

Posted by: DocJDMD.5307

DocJDMD.5307

Anet won’t let us keep our pets named when we stow them away and bring out new ones. Every time I swap pets, I say to myself in my head “sigh, this is such an easy fix an yet it’s been almost a year now”.

You give us rangers pet breeding and necros and eles want it too. A flesh golem with shooting barbs? Cool concept, but not practical unfortunately, at least at this stage of the game.

Pet Breeding

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179

It’s not an easy fix btw Doc. To remember names from every pet for every ranger is an incredible amount of data. I forget the post where they outlined what was needed, but it’s pretty intensive.

Pet Breeding

in Ranger

Posted by: Talmor.9048

Talmor.9048

Tisk tisk… I saaaaiid. No fix X thing first. And yes… After I thought about it, it sounded very Pokemonish. Just thought it would be neat to be able to mix and match your abilities.

Sharkuar ftw!

- Farstrike
Dragon Brand

Pet Breeding

in Ranger

Posted by: PsionicDingo.2065

PsionicDingo.2065

I just want a Salsa Shark.

We’re gonna need a bigger boat.

My psychic knife. The focused totality of my psychic powers.

Pet Breeding

in Ranger

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Deb: What are you drawing?
Napoleon Dynamite: A liger.
Deb: What’s a liger?
Napoleon Dynamite: It’s pretty much my favorite animal. It’s like a lion and a tiger mixed… bred for its skills in magic.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Pet Breeding

in Ranger

Posted by: Diak Atoli.2085

Diak Atoli.2085

So… Which families do you breed together to get a spider-monkey? I already got my eye patch!

Pet Breeding

in Ranger

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

Wouldn’t make sense unless only certain breeds could be paired together for offspring. For example a bad combination that would be silly and ridiculous, (not to mention impossible) would be a bear and a bird. This isn’t monster maker. Flying bears? /facepalm.
However, if breeding only happened between logical pairs, (like cave spider and jungle spider, blue jellyfish and red jellyfish) then it would be more acceptable.