Pet DPS Tests

Pet DPS Tests

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

All right, peeps. Did some time in the Special Forces arena for some Pet testing since the 02/22 update and have some results to share.

Most of the testing details can be found as notes on each sheet. There are 3 data tables: Pet Precision, Pet DPS (a), and Pet DPS (b).

• Pet Precision were tests I conducted roughly 6 months ago to indicate that Pets are not using the same precision/critical hit chance formula as the Player. The data still holds up as of this writing.
  • Pet DPS (a) were tests conducted with no traits or buffs on the Pet, and a Golem debilitated with 25 Vulnerability to simulate a common occurrence in open-world events, dungeons, fractals, and raids (aka PvE).
  • Pet DPS (b) are tests done with more favorable conditions. Core Ranger setups of Power and Condition specs with the most used and thematically classic Pets to show the increase of how hard Pets can hit when traited like a proper Beastmaster.

-> LINK TO THE STUFF

Note that Pet DPS (b) will be updated throughout the day. I’m going to try knocking them all out today. All the results are in. Cheers!

P.S. “Kind of Blue” from Miles Davis is a pretty sweet album.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

Pet DPS Tests

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Whewwww wyverns are pretty much up there for mobile DPS. Thanks for the chart!

Pet DPS Tests

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Thanks for putting in the effort for this!

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Pet DPS Tests

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I didn’t see the carry devourer?

Pet DPS Tests

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

I wanted to test it, but it told me to “carri-on.”

Updated it.

Pet DPS Tests

in Ranger

Posted by: AkantorCZ.8952

AkantorCZ.8952

Thank you!

I am kind of dissapointed that my favorite wolves does very little damage as a pet with 1868 power compare to other pets. Same goes for drakes. Balance factor probably suppose to be 1/4 execution time for basic attacks compare to other pets with the same amount of power but it looks like that pet’s decision to attack is probably main delay and attack speed doesn’t really matter. Wyverns do much better with their double attack even with 2 sec cooldown.

Man I hate to pick wyverns over wolves just because they are superior in every way.

Pet DPS Tests

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Anet adress this stuff!!!
Condis should stay on pet swap and boons should too.
Give us a boon template.
Fix porcine forage skill.
Give spider the poisonfield as the active and the individual as a passive.
Give us useful/reasonable precision scaling for pets.
Give us reasonable CD on petskills and reduce the CD if a Pet died (30s would be punishing enough).

Bump on this DPS test.
Anet should see this and gives us our QoL we are craving for since 2012.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

Pet DPS Tests

in Ranger

Posted by: Djahlat.9610

Djahlat.9610

This is really cool, I think I’m reflecting the opinion of the whole community by saying that this is very useful data, thanks a lot for the time it took you.

God I love data and excel sheets so much

Pet DPS Tests

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Updated the data to reflect today’s patch that reduced the Smokescale’s Smoke Assault damage by -15%. New DPS are in the “()” so the comparisons are visible from before and after the patch.

Pet DPS Tests

in Ranger

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Once again a good sheet to show how useless Bearbows are. A lynx or tiger literally outdamages those useless ursans by 3-4.

The only use are for special situations like champ bosses or in story missions against annoying enemies.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Pet DPS Tests

in Ranger

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

Once again a good sheet to show how useless Bearbows are. A lynx or tiger literally outdamages those useless ursans by 3-4.

At least now those Bearbows seem to become Wyvernbows after getting their first ’’dragon’’. A DPS and CC increase !

Now, if only they could stop using the Fire Wyvern (badbonfireversion) and use the Electric (CC god) one instead…

Pet DPS Tests

in Ranger

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

wow thank you so much. this should be sticky for Ranger forums so everyone can see. good job

Success is my only option, failure is not.