Pet Question on Upcoming Changes

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Since the +Healing power and + condition damage on pets are merged.

Would pets still have 0 condi damage and healing power to begin with?

If it did, it will still suck.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Who knows. Heck, they didn’t even mention for Ranger whether they’re doing the whole “baseline merge” thing they’re doing with most other profession mechanics where half the old profession numbers go to the baseline with the other half in traits, and I didn’t see anything that increased overall pet stats in the traits except for that one trait in Nature Magic (for some reason).

Though I think they did skip a few Ranger traits, so maybe the stats are in there somewhere.

Sadly, they seemed to be having a fit of delirious laughter during the Ranger segment so they didn’t seem to explain stuff quite as well as others.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Sadly, they seemed to be having a fit of delirious laughter during the Ranger segment so they didn’t seem to explain stuff quite as well as others.

Yup. Not to mention, there were a fair amount of minor of traits kept the same that had potential to be merged or functionality added. That starting segment where it was basically, “Ranger – No change!” <insert laughter>

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

I really hope we do get some improvements to pet. Customization and AI wise.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

I really hope so too. After seeing the changes to the Beastmastery line, not much has improved. There’s some improvement, but not so much to where I (personally) can say that I would be selecting it as a specialization outside of a niche build.

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Whats happening to pet stats now that theyve gotten rid of beastmaster trait points.

“Pet Attribute Bonus is an attribute unique to ranger that improves pet attributes. It is increased by the trait line Beastmastery. Each point spent in this line grants +10 to each of your pet’s primary attributes.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

I think they are rolling it into the pets as a default, as it isn’t that great of a power increase and they are doing that with all the other stats from trait lines.

Fortunate we get anything of use as the devs time and time again have proven not to know how to work with the ranger class.

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

If they are rolling the stats into the pets, it would be nice. Would make sense and give Sharpened Edges and Rending Attacks more use since only birds and cats are the only ones with the precision to take advantage of it.

Other pets have roughly a 25% critical chance while porcine have an abysmal 10%. By rolling the stats in by default, it would beef up that by 15% across the board – assuming they just add 300 stat points to each attribute.