Pet Taming Wishlist for HoT

in Ranger

Posted by: Harnel.6810

Harnel.6810

So, with the increased number of locations we’ll be able to visit and a general expansion to content, we may have the chance for something we’ve been waiting for since launch – the introduction of more tamable pet types!

Let’s hear your ideas on what you’d like to see as tamable! Try to keep them at least slightly sensible please (so no “I want a charr cub” or the like :P) but feel free to speculate on new types we’d find out in Maguuma.

My personal wishlist is for Rock Dogs, Raptors, and Siege Devourers. Rock Dogs and Raptors are both tamable pets of the ogres, so it’s always somewhat irked me that we couldn’t have any of our own. As for the Siege Devourer… well, I’ve always wanted a bigger pet.

What do you want?

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I want a sylvan phoenix sylvan bird of paradise, griffons please, raptors, stags, dragon whelps? Sea turtles, otters… man I really hope gliding allows flying pets to be shown with us.

in Ranger

Harnel.6810

Truly “flying” pets at all would be fantastic. Currently the small birds are technically landlocked – it’s just their animations that make them rise off the ground, but they’re mechanically still walking from place to place, which is part of why I can’t stand them at all. We know that flight is an actual thing in the game, so this seems like a bad shortcut.

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

Mordrem Wolf

f2 is a mini entangle that pulses torment + poison

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

A pet with 1.2k range skills.

./thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

I always wanted the hoofed game family to be tameable (deer, moose, ram, ibex, etc)

F2 should be hard aoe cc (knock-down/knock back), radius like the drakes tail swipe.

in Ranger

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

I want a dolyak.

in Ranger

Posted by: livlaender.8790

livlaender.8790

lion

die Gedanken sind frei

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Beetles

Raptors

An entire school or blood thirsty Piranhas that counts as one pet, because, why not?

in Ranger

Posted by: Zulika Mi Nam.1092

Zulika Mi Nam.1092

A pet that will stay dead and never revive is my only wish.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jhonata.4861

Jhonata.4861

BAT! I WANT TO TAME A BAT!!!!!!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

rainbow phoenix

in Ranger

Posted by: Maximum Potato.5923

Maximum Potato.5923

It’s a long (range) shot, but I’d like to see coyotes as a pet. They already have an in-game model and everything but an F2 skill, so I don’t think they’d be hard to implement, although the chances of finding them in a jungle from a lore standpoint is slim at best. Rock dogs would be awesome too – maybe they could function as a tankier version of the wolf, with an F2 skill that grants protection?
Top of the list on the wolf tree for me though – Nightmare Hounds. We already know that they’re a separate species from fern hounds (You can find nightmare pups in Caledon), and I can see them working in a totally different way. While the fern hound has regenerate, maybe nightmare hounds could have something like say, putrify? AoE torment or poison? Just brainstorming ^^

Also, obligatory griffins. Everyone wants griffins. Give us griffins! :P

Who’s a good boy? Not you, since you aggro’d the BLOODY CHAMP-

(edited by Maximum Potato.5923)

in Ranger

Posted by: Perry.8694

Perry.8694

EAGLE, REAL EAGLE. F BIG EAGLE.

in Ranger

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

I definitely would love to tame a griffon more than anything. If I am being lofty in asking this, maybe a Mordrem wolf? XD

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

I definitely would love to tame a griffon more than anything. If I am being lofty in asking this, maybe a Mordrem wolf? XD

Mordrem Wolf

f2 is a mini entangle that pulses torment + poison

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

White Tiger (GW1 much hunt, much rare love)

Tiger

Colin

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

in Ranger

Posted by: SuzukiMethod.4732

SuzukiMethod.4732

I don’t care what shape it takes but a pet with low cooldown heals on its normal rotations so that compassion training can get some use.

in Ranger

Posted by: torukmakto.3412

torukmakto.3412

since we are visiting a Jungle area, I would like to see the following as pets

piranha as our Aquatic pet

Raptors since we seen a few in the Area

a Rainbow Phoenix size Bird

a new Spider or Insect pet

maybe a Dragon type pet, this one is a long shot, but always wanted one.

in Ranger

Harnel.6810

maybe a Dragon type pet, this one is a long shot, but always wanted one.

Well, we did see what appears to be a wyvern in the trailer…

in Ranger

Posted by: Relair.1843

Relair.1843

All I want is for them to give us back the scaled drake pet we had in beta. It was called marsh drake then, and still in the pet panel it has the scaled drake look. For some inexplicable reason they changed the model to the boring palette swap of the salamander drake. That crocodile looking pet was the main reason I made a ranger in the first place, I was so disappointed after having one in beta that they took it away on release =( Please Anet, bring it back! You wouldn’t even have to do work, the infrastructure is still there!

in Ranger

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Black Wolf

F2 = Dazing Howl

in Ranger

Posted by: kasunay.5016

kasunay.5016

Any of the nightmare court pets, the branded pets would make a nice little selection and of course an assortment of skulk. I really enjoy tracking my pets and taming as many as possible from the start of the game…made me hurt inside when they said it was overwhelming to new players…how? If it’s to much then they don’t have to find every pet. I’d just like an assortment of darker themed pets this expansion.
Crosses fingers for nightmare pets

(edited by kasunay.5016)

in Ranger

Posted by: drgast.1469

drgast.1469

Mordrem Monkey…it could happen…plus I like monkeys…and alliteration

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Steam monster wolf thingy that has aoe smoke field for F2.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

Please make Sarah Jessica Parker tameable xD

Attachments:

in Ranger

Posted by: carabidus.6214

carabidus.6214

Raptors

+1

in Ranger

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

My personal wishlist is for Rock Dogs, Raptors

This, maybe another hyena variant, wurms and colocals(maybe some other, smaller gryphons too) and im happy.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I kind of don’t really expect any existing creatures to be added a pets in this expansion, only new ones introduced in Maguuma (if any at all… quite frankly, I’m having a hard time being optimistic about new pets period at this point since its been soooo long since we’ve gotten any).

But, on the off chance some kind of miracle happens and we do get existing creatures added as pets, my list would be…

~ Wind Riders, with Reef Riders being my #1 choice, since they look cool (all Wind Riders do, but I like Reef the best) and having a boon steal ability would be neat. Also, another ranged pet, which would be nice.

~ Beetles. One of the more interesting non-Mordrem additions to the game lately, and I want more bugs in general. I love bugs! I can imagine the armored beetle having an active block ability, which would be really interesting. Oh, and that one spot in the Silverwastes near the Forbidden wall that has a bunch of small beetles? Total tease! I went up there and saw the little ones and was like “ZOMG are those tameable?!?!” and was sorely disappointed. You need to make it up to me Anet.

~ Skales / Shelk. I dunno, I’ve just always liked skales. They have a nice fantasy vibe to them (what the heck even are they?) and a neat general aesthetic, lots of bright colors and such, and would make for a good new amphibious pet.

~ Griffons. Yah, everyone wants them, blah. But again, more nice fantasy creatures, I want more fantasy pets.

~ Crabs / Shrimp. A bit more mundane, but I like me some crabs.

~ Sea Scorpions. They look awesome, especially the deep sea variants with the glowy bits. Who doesn’t want a prehistoric looking death bug? Easily my most wanted fully aquatic pet.

~ Grubs. Like I said, I like bugs. And these would be another neat ranged pet (actually would have made more sense as a ranged pet than spiders since grubs actually use ranged attacks as enemys, but whatever). Oh, and some of them glow. I love glow.

Aside from completely new pet families, I’d even like a few more palette swap type pets. At this point even that would be better than nothing, though of course I’d much prefer completely new ones. The tropical birds on Southsun would make for a neat bird type, and a white tiger would be cool for cats. And I’d kill for a Swamp Drake (I think that’s what they’re called, anyway? The ones with the long jaws). Spiders could get the Canyon Spider or maybe even the kitten looking Ice Spiders that only appear in that one cave in Dredgehaunt Cliffs.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sha Seng.9317

Sha Seng.9317

This guy above me posted some solid stuff, but yeah, please, god, please please please can we have rock dogs. Like. Please. Give me a rock dog. They’re like awesome monstrous stone lions, and centaurs tame them, and ogres tame them, and please please can we have rock dogs.

Pllleeeaaaaasse.

in Ranger

Harnel.6810

This guy above me posted some solid stuff, but yeah, please, god, please please please can we have rock dogs. Like. Please. Give me a rock dog. They’re like awesome monstrous stone lions, and centaurs tame them, and ogres tame them, and please please can we have rock dogs.

Pllleeeaaaaasse.

you know, given they’re adding the Taunt condition with HoT, I could totally see Rock dogs as tank pets that get it

in Ranger

Posted by: jmt.8517

jmt.8517

I want a sylvan phoenix sylvan bird of paradise, griffons please, raptors, stags, dragon whelps? Sea turtles, otters… man I really hope gliding allows flying pets to be shown with us.

All of this. Flying pet that doesn’t land please. And larger then a small bird…

in Ranger

Harnel.6810

All of this. Flying pet that doesn’t land please. And larger then a small bird…

Really, we have the technology for actual flight in the game, there’s no reason for the birds to be land bound like they are now.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rexx.1805

Rexx.1805

If we get Dinosaurs as charmable pets in Maguuma I want a ******* Tyrannus! In other words…the GW equivalent of a T-REX!

Attachments:

Proud Member Of:

Guild – Heróis Lusitanos [LS] Server – SFR

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

If we get Dinosaurs as charmable pets in Maguuma I want a ******* Tyrannus! In other words…the GW equivalent of a T-REX!

Is that a moa?

in Ranger

Posted by: jmt.8517

jmt.8517

A Legendary pet…Phoenix when created will use one of four forms fire,water,earth,air. The phoenix also does not land.. Each element changes its attacks and stats.

in Ranger

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

llamas and dolyaks

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Some freshwater pets. Maybe an electric eel? Piranhas?

And a monkey with Taunt and Steal mechanics. Think Dexter in Night at the Museum.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

Personally I’m not sure how value adding this would be.

Presently there are a lot of pets which you never see, because they’re … well not pointless but not optimal. And there’s a small handful of pets you see everywhere.

More would be nice but also possibly pointless if they’re not all equally useful.

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

I would love to have some mustelids for once.

in Ranger

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

I think it would be cool to make pets “grow up” and be bigger, not stay juvenile like they are now – maybe they could “grow up” when we choose a specialization with our ranger (i know, we only get 1 option for that with HoT but others will come later on anyway). Eir’s wolf is quite big and it looks cool.
If they implement any new pet type, i bet it’ll be the Raptor. An asuran npc already has it (in the personal story). Raptors make sense because they are all over the place just like moas, and they even have a very similar screech attack and color schemes.
Griffons would also kinda make sense, they have so many different types too.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

*raccoon- could have some kind of stealing ability
*squirrel
*various dinosaurs
*giant eagle
*phoenix that is hidden in a difficult dungeon/instance

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

in Ranger

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Most of what I’d like to see has already been mentioned. So, let’s go with:

Dolphins. (Seriously, when can I give my Ranger “Flipper” as a pet?)

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

A pet with some sort of boon strip would be helpful with the potential of boon removing being vital to new content.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

A pet with some sort of boon strip would be helpful with the potential of boon removing being vital to new content.

It might be better if they put that on staff, so that we have more control over it. Even the F2 skills aren’t always the most reliable; other pet skills are a game of chance.

in Ranger

Posted by: Makai.3429

Makai.3429

The same pet many of us waited in anticipation for in GW1: a swarm of bees.

Proud disabled gamer. Not everyone has the capacity to git gud.

in Ranger

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Griffons!!! – or any other larger flying pet like a Pheonix or Bat-ish creature

Semi-aquatic could be some Dino-ish creature.

Aqutaic – Dolphin

Kima & Co

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

It might be better if they put that on staff, so that we have more control over it. Even the F2 skills aren’t always the most reliable; other pet skills are a game of chance.

While being in control is important, I don’t think they want specializations to completely replace the original options on the profession.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Coyote, Rock Dog, Raptor, GW1 Black wolf.

in Ranger

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Please just add some new pets! I haven’t really put thought into which because I’m afraid they wont add any more

If I had to say off the top of my head, I want lions and lionesses like in GW1. :P