Pet aggro issues

Pet aggro issues

in Ranger

Posted by: Rethen.5869

Rethen.5869

I’ve been noticing this a lot lately… For some reason, my pet has the hardest time holding aggro on mobs. :/

Used to be, I could start attacking something, and then my pet would run in and pick up the mob once it got into melee. But lately, it’s gotten to the point where I’ve had to start sending my pet in before it attacks… but that STILL doesn’t seem to help.

I can sit there and let my pet attack all I want, but it seems that as soon as I activate its special ability, the mobs will go straight to me — EVEN IF I HAVEN’T TOUCHED THEM. Hell, I’ve sat and watched my pet wail on something for a good 5-10 seconds, but then I’ll hit F2 and it’ll automatically drop all aggro. And THEN, even if I stop attack (or don’t even start) and let my pet keep attacking, I’ll still end up having to kite like crazy.

I’m not sure what it is, but from what I can tell, it looks like actually activating my pets’ skills tells the mobs “Hey, I’m over here, please come eat my face!” Even using the regular F1 “attack” command seems to draw aggro to me! And once it’s lost aggro, I’ve not once been able to get my pet to REGAIN aggro. This was not always the case, but it’s been happening now for at least a week or two. I haven’t died because of it yet, but it’s very tough to work with.

Pet aggro issues

in Ranger

Posted by: Loxias.2375

Loxias.2375

I posted basically the same thing yesterday, with almost no replies. I thought it was just me, but in talking to rangers on /map it’s definitely a new or changed mechanic. I suppose it’s just one more nail in the coffin.

Pet aggro issues

in Ranger

Posted by: Tokkra.8127

Tokkra.8127

It’s been happening to me as well. :/, really trying to not re-roll thief ughhh

Pet aggro issues

in Ranger

Posted by: SmOkE.2805

SmOkE.2805

I noticed this just the other night doing CoE… It’s more work than it’s worth IMO!! I re-rolled an Engineer, but only got it to about lvl 11… Something about a ranged class that I always play O_o

Pet aggro issues

in Ranger

Posted by: TehMoonRulz.7064

TehMoonRulz.7064

May seem obvious but are you sending your pet in first and using abilities?

Pet aggro issues

in Ranger

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

You can always put your pet away. But still, it is a problem how the pet AI can be gimmicky at times and how sometimes it will be reluctant to do what the PC wants, i have this problem a lot when i am downed and when i need control of me pet so much that i’m actually bothering to use F1, F2 and F3.

ANet should fix pet AI best they can and reduce restrictions on stowing and bringing out pets.

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

Pet aggro issues

in Ranger

Posted by: capnflummox.3082

capnflummox.3082

You can always put your pet away. But still, it is a problem how the pet AI can be gimmicky at times and how sometimes it will be reluctant to do what the PC wants, i have this problem a lot when i am downed and when i need control of me pet so much that i’m actually bothering to use F1, F2 and F3.

ANet should fix pet AI best they can and reduce restrictions on stowing and bringing out pets.

You cannot ALWAYS put your pet away.

Furthermore, it will pop out during combat (or when you take damage, even fall damage).