Pet crit chance

Pet crit chance

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Does anyone know the actual crit chance for each pet family? If I remember correctly the formula for precision->crit chance works differently for pet?

Pet crit chance

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Check my signature. Test results are all there and last I checked, still remain.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Pet crit chance

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Thanks man. It’d be interesting to see how much pet movement dps has changed as well :0

Pet crit chance

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Check my signature. Test results are all there and last I checked, still remain.

You didn’t test any of the HoT pets and why leave out the felines and birds?

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Pet crit chance

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Thanks man. It’d be interesting to see how much pet movement dps has changed as well :0

Been working on DPS tests post 2/22 update. It’s up now, with stationary and mobile targets. Bottom tab labeled: “Pet DPS” to the right of “Pet Precision.”

Though, currently bare-bones with 1 set of testing conditions: weak golem (1400 toughness, 1mil hp) with 25 vulnerability. No traits, boons, buffs, or BM were taken.

I wrote on the spreadsheet that I didn’t record hyena and bears vs mobile targets since they weren’t worth it. Currently going through them now because I might as well complete them all.

Will update it throughout the week with other tests such as full dps on certain pets with certain setups (ie: condition pets with condition ranger setup and power pets with power ranger setup – no druid traitline, though).

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

Pet crit chance

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

You didn’t test any of the HoT pets and why leave out the felines and birds?

If you are referring to the precision tests, read the notes under “Pets Used,” as it explains why. And Jaguars are felines.

Pet crit chance

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Will update it throughout the week with other tests such as full dps on certain pets with certain setups (ie: condition pets with condition ranger setup and power pets with power ranger setup – no druid traitline, though).

+1, thanks a lot!

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Pet crit chance

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Last chime in on this for awhile. Updated the mobile DPS for all pets except for Drakes (since they are bugged).

Fun fact: Hyena performed better than Bears against a moving target, but not by much. Bears took the longest time to kill a trotting golem: approximately 1hr 6mins. Thank god for Netflix….

Pet crit chance

in Ranger

Posted by: Gath.5708

Gath.5708

I did the testing and the math on this a long time ago. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Pets-DPS-tested/first#post6299540
When you’ll get lvl 80, exactly 21 marginal precision = 1% crit chance. It doesn’t allow for rational points of critical chance (you can’t have 50.1% crit chance, you either have 50% or 51%). You start with 916 precision on lvl 80 and 4% crit chance, so to know how much precision (P) you want for a desired amount of crit chance (X), the formula is P=916+21*(X-4)=832+21*X.

Below level 80, like you are, the maths are less clean and you gotta worry about upscaling and downscaling as well. The wiki as most of what you need to estimate it.

The expected damage formula is this one:

Expected damage = Base damage * (1 + (0.50 + (Critical Damage / 100)) * Critical Chance)

Pet crit chance

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

@Gath: Did you even bother to check discussion in this thread or the one you linked? Player precision formula =/= pets precision formula.