Pet dmg to get raised with Ascended tier?

in Ranger

Posted by: Rens.9870

Rens.9870

Now with Ascended tier out will the pet’s get their attack raised too when we’re holding ascended weapons?

in Ranger

Posted by: Funky.9762

Funky.9762

after it was cut by 50% across the board? no.

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Honestly, I’m more concerned with the additional damage pets will soon be taking then I am with them dealing more damage. Part of this is because I mostly use Wolves or Drakes though as I’m only after thier F2 abilities.

in Ranger

Posted by: thrice.9184

thrice.9184

after it was cut by 50% across the board? no.

^
Everyone should have just stopped playing ranger after that but this is just my opinion.

Ranger put into Retirement due to Anet Abuse.
9/3/13 rip

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

No idea about your pets, but mine got 27% dmg nerf, not 50%.

And tbh, as much as I don’t like being nerfed, I’m happy with anything that lowers pet share in my total dmg. If we get nerfed too much, sooner or later we will get buff, and there is hope it will be ranger dmg, not pet.
And before talking kitten about how our dmg is weak, look at sword dps WITHOUT pet.

in Ranger

Funky.9762

They lowered it without increasing your share in the total dmg. I would actually be happy if they did a trade-off between pet and our dmg.

Sword dps… We are back to the total dmg being lower because there was no compensation for pet cut down. Also sword dmg for PvP is not the most reliable one.

Besides all that aside, coming back to the original topic:
Ascended items are WvW/PvE, so unless they split the changes with PvP ( not happening ) they cannot balance the change for all game modes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Conix.4589

Conix.4589

No idea about your pets, but mine got 27% dmg nerf, not 50%.

And tbh, as much as I don’t like being nerfed, I’m happy with anything that lowers pet share in my total dmg. If we get nerfed too much, sooner or later we will get buff, and there is hope it will be ranger dmg, not pet.
And before talking kitten about how our dmg is weak, look at sword dps WITHOUT pet.

How much more nerfing can we get though? Not sure if you have been keeping tabs, but we’ve been nerfed every patch that touched us save one that I can remember. Guardian hasn’t been touched really, and Warriors can do everything now.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mardermann.7468

Mardermann.7468

No… it will not be raised…
level a guardian or a warrior and all will be good…

in Ranger

Posted by: Aeri.5738

Aeri.5738

IMHO: the less % of our damage a pet deals, the better.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2.” – Well, I guess you really failed, ANet!
Update 5.9.2013: getting better ANet, still way to go!
A Lannister always pays his debts – For everyone else, there’s Mastercard.

in Ranger

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Minutes of the devs meeting discussing ascended weapons(this is obviously tongue in cheek):

dev 1 ‘oh, just a thought, what about rangers, won’t they be even worse off under this new system?’

dev 2 ‘rangers? who cares, none of us main rangers, as long as the new weapon ups my backstab damage to over 15k on a 1600 toughness player it’s all good’

dev1 ‘but…oh wait, we nerfed rangers to hell already, no one plays ranger. Next item!’

Until they sort out pet survival in larger fights or lose the recharge time when both your pets die within 10 seconds rangers are always going to be kitten.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in Ranger

Posted by: Aeri.5738

Aeri.5738

That only applies for those who still dont get that we have ranged pets to be used in Zergfights.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2.” – Well, I guess you really failed, ANet!
Update 5.9.2013: getting better ANet, still way to go!
A Lannister always pays his debts – For everyone else, there’s Mastercard.

in Ranger

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Pet damage increased by 50%
Life expectancy reduced from 10 seconds to 5 seconds……….

That’s more like how it’s likely to go.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

(edited by Solid Gold.9310)

in Ranger

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

Guardian hasn’t been touched really

just saying… guardian got… sort of… nerfed from other class changes

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

I mostly use LB. My DPS has been buffed by 20%. I also run with GS, which also was buffed, but for some reason people can only remember how it was nerfed in beta.

That’s the reason I avoid this forum and visit it only to check if someone discovered something new. Most of the time it’s just lying (yes, I intended to use this word) how pets got 50% nerf (50% was only 1 skill on medium CD), how we never get any buffs (LB and GS were strongly buffed) or how every viable build gets nerfed (and I still run good old trapper that was never touched by devs).

in Ranger

Funky.9762

Lies, lies everywhere

in Ranger

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

No. Pve and WvW doesn’t matter to them when they balance the game.

All is vain.

in Ranger

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

No. Pve and WvW doesn’t matter to them when they balance the game.

didnt they nerf confusion in pve after it was nerfed in pvp because it wrecked people in wvw?

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]