Pet not holding certain Risen?

in Ranger

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

Do certain Risen do this? Since I hit 77 some of them ignore my pet which I have yet to experiance anywhere else now that I’m in Straits of Devistation.

in Ranger

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

They will walk straight through your “so called” pet, and go straight for you.

Great stuff innit !

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Risen in general seem to ignore AI characters and go straight for players more often than not. Don’t know why you’re just noticing it now, I definately noticed it all throughout the levelling process.

Its perhaps most obvious with Rangers, but it happens with any pets of any class. Risen will ignore my clones when I use my Mesmer, ignore my turrets when I use my Engineer, and yes, tend to ignore my pet quite a bit when I play Ranger.

Which is why in cases where I’m going to be fighting undead I tend to switch to Greatsword, tank as best I can myself, and use a high-DPS pet like a bird or cat.

in Ranger

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I think it’s kind of funny actually…

I hide behind a wall around the corner and send my pet after the risen.. and the risen runs straight for me around the corner lol.

I know the pets were not meant to fully tank or control all the aggro, but I mean, they should at least be able to somewhat.

It’s nice that Rangers can use the Great Sword. I’m thinking of having one on hand just for this purpose; however, to me rangers are meant to be ranged and avoid damage as best they can. So if they are constantly trying to run away to avoid damage, their pet never catches the risen at all.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining.. I can usually melt any risen before they reach me, but just the idea that once the pet hits the risen and runs straight for you is a bit asinine to me.

in Ranger

Posted by: Psychrome.9281

Psychrome.9281

Pets are not supposed to be tanks

in Ranger

Posted by: Miyu.8137

Miyu.8137

Pets should do what you want them to do. They are not designed to be only a supporters, they represent a big part of ranger power.

There is no option allowing you to take your pet off to gain additional power, which is fine, but then the pet should be able to do its job. The pets can’t dodge roll, the pets is not doing 2 steps to side to walk out of the aoe, the pet is not flanking to avoid some dmg.

We rangers are not babysitters, the pets simply limit the charakter and if talking about ranger being broken, then I see the biggest issue in the pets.

in Ranger

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

Pets are not supposed to be tanks

They sure as hell were for 77 levels lol, and still are on most things now that I’m 80. Were not talking world bosses and dungeons here bud.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

Think it has something to do with hp and toughness, not sure though.

in Ranger

Posted by: Pedra.4381

Pedra.4381

I’m not a big fan of Arenanet at the moment due to all that has gone on (and not gone on) with the Ranger, but with that said…I simply have not experienced this at all and I farm Orr everynight. Maybe Cempa has a point and it has something to do with pet HP and Toughness (or player) so we may get somewere on figuring this out if we try to identify why some are experiencing it and others are not.

I use the leopard mostly (though not exclusively) and in open world Orr (non-dungeon) am a 30 Point Beast Master. I never have a Risen run past my pet to get to me.

JonPeters.5630:]I do still believe ranger is the profession in most need of improvement…

in Ranger

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

Think it has something to do with hp and toughness, not sure though.

I’m 99% sure it’s connected to your stats in some way.

I haven’t gotten around to testing it for sure but in the past the Champion Risen Abomination at the end of the Plinx chain would always chase someone else around while I plinked away with my shortbow. It didn’t matter how close I got or what I did, I didn’t get aggro.

I recently changed my Knight’s armor to Apothecary armor (trinkets and weapons are the same berserker’s they always were) and my build from 20/30/5/0/5 to 0/30/30/0/10. If I’m there for the Champion Risen Abomination, I have aggro. Every time. Same with the gladiator at the end of the Gladiator Arena DE.

I don’t know what is causing it exactly, but I went from never having aggro to running over to the champ abom DE when he is half dead, I shoot him once and he bee-lines for me.

in Ranger

Posted by: daolor.4071

daolor.4071

as a ranger my biggest issue with this, is not the fact that the mob goes straight for me, rather that I have to kite the mob, making my pet having to chase the mob, and by chasing the mob, not getting any hits on it, and cause of that, my damage output is much less, having to equip mellee weapons just for risen mobs is stupid game design, plus that the aggro isnt the same with risen in water combat, the pet keeps aggro much longer, and takes longer before the mob comes for me if Im passive with just the pet attacking, then if if do the same thing on land, poor game design, thats all:P