Pet's names

Pet's names

in Ranger

Posted by: Rockhumper.1254

Rockhumper.1254

I’ll make it short and sweet, does anyone else would like to have their pet names tagged to their type instead of their slot??? For example if I name my bear Yogi I don’t want my spider to be named Yogi too, you see… I love my pets and to be respectful they should all have distinct names :P

Pet's names

in Ranger

Posted by: Knightlord.2967

Knightlord.2967

I think they already are unique for each pet you have. My moa is named Mao, my polar bear is named Alpha, my eagle is named Hawkeye Mihawk, etc.

::Gate of Madness::
Knightlord lv 80 Ranger
Two-handed sword build!

Pet's names

in Ranger

Posted by: CorliCorso.6254

CorliCorso.6254

I think they can be unique for each pet you have selected in the Pet menu. Once you change which pets are available for you I think it resets their names.

Pet's names

in Ranger

Posted by: Vex.9456

Vex.9456

^ This. Once you swap an active pet for a different one, the name is reset and you have to rename it the next time you use it. And if you tame a new pet that replaces one of your named active pets, the old pet’s name will be given to the new one. I’d like to see pet names tied to the pet type as well, rather than the “slot”, as it seems to be now.

The “Charm” option coming up while standing next to someone else’s pet could stand to be corrected as well.

Pet's names

in Ranger

Posted by: Apakal.5718

Apakal.5718

I’m fairly certain this is a bug. I tamed a dog and he tried to steal Walter’s identity, but then when I renamed him Ralph and renamed my bear back to Walter, they’ve since then kept their unique names.