Pet saying NO!

Pet saying NO!

in Ranger

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Was just wondering the same thing ^^ I even already changed keyboard to make sure it wasnt an issue with my hardware.

Spamming attack button seems to be working, but that’s no solution.

Really is an annoying bug. And I can’t make rhyme or reason of it. It happens infight just as often as out of fight.

Pet saying NO!

in Ranger

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

I kind of suspect something went wrong with the pet AI recently.

I have the same issue as the OP, but I have also noticed some other things. One is that my F2 seems to be even more unreliable now, which is saying something. Most of the time it either does not activate at all, or it just goes on its full CD. I have also been seeing a large uptick in how many times my pet will just randomly go off and attack the middle of the zerg (wvw) with zero input from me whatsoever. I always run my pets on passive to avoid this as much as possible, but I am seeing my pet randomly run off after things as if it were set to aggressive. I would even venture a guess that this might be because the bugginess of the F1 is delayed or something, but it would be quite a large delay (over a minute).

In my recent playtime, it feels like the pet has become a rather massive liability.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

Pet saying NO!

in Ranger

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Noticed a similar occurrence while doing the Snowstorm fractal. At the last boss when he ports down my Jaguar just stood there (while being on aggressive) until I pressed F1.

And the after the last patch the general responsiveness just feels a bit different. Weird pathing, not attacking and stuff like that.

Pet saying NO!

in Ranger

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

I got infracted and message deleted for saying Moa Bird is broken lol!
To those who read my message that had beed deleted earlier on, you could see that it is just a feedback on before and after patch for Moa Bird. So no more feedbacks now?
If its not broken we wont even visit the forums tbh.

Pet saying NO!

in Ranger

Posted by: Aodh.6418

Aodh.6418

The April 30 patch seemed to do a lot to make pets more reliable and I did notice it, but it seems like the May patch completely reverted it. My experience is almost entirely WvW (Where skill lag does seem to be fixed even when I get rolled by the 500 man zerg) and it seems like my pet just doesn’t want to do anything I tell it. Even holding still I have to try 2-3 times to get it to cast without interrupting itself.

Jessica Locke – Ranger
Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
http://www.youtube.com/aodhnitola - http://www.twitch.tv/aodhnitola

(edited by Aodh.6418)

Pet saying NO!

in Ranger

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

If me or the opponent are on a platform/rock/ledge that needs jumping to get to, the pet just won’t attack it.

(edited by lLobo.7960)

Pet saying NO!

in Ranger

Posted by: Rangeclaw.9473

Rangeclaw.9473

I also noticed that pet f2 skill does not activate or going full cd sometimes.

Survival!.. Every creatures on earth needs it.. why not u?

Pet saying NO!

in Ranger

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Ilobo – The “pet cannot jump to get to terget” phenomenon is not new, it has always been there.

I know…
I’m not saying its a new bug. Just saying its still there…

Pet saying NO!

in Ranger

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

It’s really sad that there is no way around the pet for a ranger. With my necro at least I can say: okay, pets are weird this patch so I won’t play minion master until it’s fixed.

As a ranger the only thing I can do is not play that class at all…

Pet saying NO!

in Ranger

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

I noticed that the range has been reduced. while before my pet would run out and attack, now there is a message that pops up in the chat window that says the target is too far away. Complete crap if you ask me.

Pet saying NO!

in Ranger

Posted by: Pendleton.6385

Pendleton.6385

I also noticed that pet f2 skill does not activate or going full cd sometimes.

This has been happening to me lately as well. It’s never really been an issue for me before. The other night I was running with a large group in wvw and my fern hound’s f2 wasn’t responsive. It wouldn’t work while running … it took me stopping and hitting f2 for it to work. It’s never done that before.

Tarnished Coast
~ Ranger

Pet saying NO!

in Ranger

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

Also noticed some unresponsiveness from the pet o/

It’s really sad that there is no way around the pet for a ranger. With my necro at least I can say: okay, pets are weird this patch so I won’t play minion master until it’s fixed.

As a ranger the only thing I can do is not play that class at all…

Yes! Started out this game knowing full well I’d have a pet and had no issue with it at the time. 7 or 8 months in I feel very different about it. But it won’t happen because:
a) ANet is too proud…
b) Beastmasters will staunchly defend it and strictly refuse to even consider the option

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

Pet saying NO!

in Ranger

Posted by: firebreathz.7692

firebreathz.7692

tbh honest if they shortened the leash range on pets alil bit its a good move..

I used to be able to send my pet mid to fight while I bunkered home or far.. so in balancing out that.. it’s fair

Pet saying NO!

in Ranger

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Are you sure you haven’t changed the passive/guard button by mistake or forgot to switch it back after making you pet passive? First box I check when I see my pet standing around.