Pet status bar

Pet status bar

in Ranger

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

Can we please get a pet status bar above the pet’s command bar?

In battle, you have no information about your pet. If you want to see any kind of info about the pet, you have to find the pet and select it (click on pet). That is impossible in medium / large fights. Sometimes you can’t even find the pet!

If Anet just moves the pet’s status bar to the bottom of the screen, just above the pet’s command bar, you could see all the info all the time. No need to find and click on the pet.

See pics:

1: You have no idea how the pet is doing the fight.
2: After finding the pet, and got lucky to click on it, you get the info in top mid screen. (Clicking on the pet in fights with more foes / allies is impossible).
3: How it should be!

Not so difficult to code, but a tremendous help for us rangers!

Cheers

Attachments:

Pet status bar

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

not a bad idea, really. I support this!

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Pet status bar

in Ranger

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

you got my vote!

Pet status bar

in Ranger

Posted by: Lumn.2951

Lumn.2951

This honestly should have been in the game from the very start, being reliant on a pet but not being able to check your pets’ status without taking your time to find it and click on it has bothered me. Someone dropped the ball there.

Pet status bar

in Ranger

Posted by: blake.6329

blake.6329

you got my vote!

Pet status bar

in Ranger

Posted by: jubskie.3152

jubskie.3152

I support this suggestion

Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] Desolation
Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

Pet status bar

in Ranger

Posted by: meikodesign.6471

meikodesign.6471

This honestly should have been in the game from the very start

+1

Lunavi – Ranger 80 ~ Charr Kuttery – Warrior 80
Little Lunavi – Ranger – Rank 4x
[CPC] Insert Coin – Vizunah Square [FR]

Pet status bar

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

+1

inb4 devs say they can’t do it for the sake of a cluttered UI.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Pet status bar

in Ranger

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

+1

lol nice, we need something though so we can atleast see buffs, and debuffs on pets…then we can actually know if we should swap them cause conditions will eat them alive or if they are doing great and no attention is req to keep them alive at that moment.

if I do recall we brought this up before and the fact that gw1 had such bar in the interface that could be toggled on and off, necros had one for minions too so they could see all of their healths in one place

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

(edited by Criminal.5627)

Pet status bar

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

+1

lol nice, we need something though so we can atleast see buffs, and debuffs on pets…then we can actually know if we should swap them cause conditions will eat them alive or if they are doing great and no attention is req to keep them alive at that moment.

if I do recall we brought this up before and the fact that gw1 had such bar in the interface that could be toggled on and off, necros had one for minions too so they could see all of their healths in one place

Oh no now it definitely won’t happen lol. God forbid the devs recycle a working idea from guild wars 1!
I hope they don’t take insult to that, it’s more constructive criticism put in a humorous way. If any dev reads this, please, we’d like a pet UI

Haha.

For the record, +1 isn’t enough…

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Pet status bar

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

I’ve already suggested this to Robert Hrouda dev. He said he’ll look into into it.

Suggestion I sent to Robert: https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/52846/Screen_Shot_2013-03-08_at_11.27.04_AM.jpg

He’s noted it down here by adding it to the lists he’d show to the other devs:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Robert-Hrouda-on-pets-in-dungeons/page/3 (“-Health/stamina bars for pets” and “-Boons displayed over pet health bar on UI”)

Frankly if nothings happened 4 months after, its unlikely they’ll give us better pet UI. I’ve pretty much given up on asking anything from the devs. So +1 and I hope you’ll have better luck!

Pet status bar

in Ranger

Posted by: jubskie.3152

jubskie.3152

Frankly if nothings happened 4 months after, its unlikely they’ll give us better pet UI.

I want this to be in the game as much as you do, but statements like this just rubs me the wrong way.

A software development cycle does not work like that. It’s not as simple as taking the code for the pet status bar and pasting it to appear above the F-commands. These things take a lot of time and a lot of effort. More often than not, unless it’s tagged as a game breaking bug or an urgent fix, it will be pushed back in favor of more important changes. (Unfortunately for us players that push for the change )

Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] Desolation
Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com