Pets Need to be More Responsive.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sultane.9150

Sultane.9150

Title says it all. I generally only play as a ranger, but I especially started noticing this when I was playing sPVP: pets are horribly unresponsive. Half the time, the pet’s special move wont even work and I have to spam their special move to get it to work. Even then, by then it’s too late and I’m already down half my health. It’s been bothering me so much. Why not make pets work like all skills and have them listen to you immediately?

in Ranger

Posted by: Mia Crazymike.1780

Mia Crazymike.1780

This has been stated, shared, commented, written, +1, +289572542, liked, thumbs up, etc….

What bothers you has been brought up by the entire human race who have played Rangers long enough to notice that pets are kittened creatures, that are only useful for sacrifice.

in Ranger

Posted by: Petrol.9086

Petrol.9086

This has been a problem for 3 years, it used to be even worse iirc. Just be glad you aren’t a Necro, half the time their minions will just stand there and do nothing

in Ranger

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

I think part of their horrible responsiveness is just how sluggish all of their skills are. Pets could REALLY benefit from a global cast time reduction and movement speed increase. And for the love of god let them break movement speed limits. Why in the hell should I ever see my pet struggling to even touch the enemy? It’s embarrassing to see it just walking behind them as if it was their pet. Could we have pets that are actually feared for once in the life of GW2? I could care less about their stats. They need to be more effective and quick in their actions to be a useful AI.

I have a dream people will actually want to play ranger because of how fun a pet can be.

… I still want tengu.

(edited by Hammerguard.9834)

in Ranger

Posted by: Pikka.6023

Pikka.6023

ANet made the egregious mistake of thinking player pets could be just copies of the PvE versions. Which makes them about as effective and dangerous as your typical PvE animal, which is to say, not at all.

I love ranger, but certainly in spite of the awful pet implementation. If they had done it right, pets would feel like an extension of the ranger, a second body for fluid coordinated teamwork, and be an essential part of the fundamental challenge in fighting a ranger, dealing with abilities and damage coming from two tightly coordinated sources.

in Ranger

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

I want this ^ so bad but it’s been 3 years and if Anet hasn’t realized it by now then I don’t think it’ll ever happen. The pets in this game function as they did in GW1. Just copies of creatures from PvE and that just doesn’t cut it for a game so vastly dependent on reactions and movement. Not to mention the creatures in this game are complete pushovers compared to GW1.

… I still want tengu.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Another major issue with pet performance is the perception that the ‘AI’ is doing all the work or that the profession was given an ‘I win button’ which are still bascially being used with the pets being the general handicap of the profession. Unless they are prepared to deal with the backlash ranger will remain in the state it is in only receiving just enough band aid fixes to ‘prove’ that they are listening and trying for improvements.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ramoth.5162

Ramoth.5162

Personally, I would love better pet implementation, but I’ve played too many games where the pets are bad, so I am used to it. I would simply appreciate a pet only heal that I can use. Many times I would much rather not blow my personal heal just to heal my kitten pet, who is constantly in need of a big heal, or dead. If the pet is such a big part of being a ranger, then let me heal the blipping thing.

in Ranger

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Yep, the implementation of pets in this game is pretty horrible. Notwithstanding the 2 decades old AI, pet skills are universally slow, and uninspiring to the point that the vast majority of pets are never used by anyone.

It would have been better to have had a much smaller selection of pets and just make them good, instead of mostly pointless low AI drones with largely copy-pasted abilities.

downed state is bad for PVP