Pets/Pet mechanic needs a revamp.

in Ranger

Posted by: Susanoo.2586

Susanoo.2586

There are currently 45 pets in the game (not including the 5 new pets with PoF) of which maybe 6 or 7 are viable?

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Are you asking a question or making a statement? Unless you specify some remedy or be more specific, I’m afraid this thread is pointless.

in Ranger

Posted by: Susanoo.2586

Susanoo.2586

Are you asking a question or making a statement? Unless you specify some remedy or be more specific, I’m afraid this thread is pointless.

I’m making a statement, these things need to be pointed out otherwise nothing will happen, and opening threads such as this to try and gain traction and support even if it is a simple “+1 for this idea” response is beneficial. I personally do not have a solution as it is not my place, its a task for Arenanet and their balance team, However nothing is stopping any other person on this forum from adding their potential solution.
Shooting down threads highlighting issues is counterintuitive.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I’m making a statement, these things need to be pointed out otherwise nothing will happen, and opening threads such as this to try and gain traction and support even if it is a simple “+1 for this idea” response is beneficial. I personally do not have a solution as it is not my place, its a task for Arenanet and their balance team, However nothing is stopping any other person on this forum from adding their potential solution.
Shooting down threads highlighting issues is counterintuitive.

I’m not shooting down your thread.

Threads like this are useless though as it does nothing to remedy the situation, there are literally several per week that have this exact topic and add nothing. You are not pointing out how the pets are not viable or which ones are in fact viable.

I can’t +1 to this idea, because you presented no ideas. It is your place though, you are able to have an imagination and an opinion, so provide it for us so there is something to discuss.

If you had said that out of the 45 pets we have, 6 ( X, X, X, X, X, X) are viable because of X, X, X and X reasons. The other pets are not viable because of X, X, X and X reasons, so if those pets had X, X & X changes made to them, they would also be far more viable or at least provide a different situational usefulness. etc etc etc. That would have been useful information for ANet to do something about the issue you raised. Topics that bring nothing to the table will just be completely ignored.

My $0.02 and not intended to offend or shoot you down, just want to see threads with useful information, not arbritrary complaints.