Pets Still Attacking Adds

in Ranger

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

First let me say the AI improvement where pets don’t aggro mobs unless commanded to or the rangers draws it is a Godsend, Thank You Anet.

Shortly after this was introduced I noticed that my pets have started to get ‘stuck’ in attack mode. Southsun is a good example.

I can attack a lone karka far from other mobs, and the pet will attack it – all good.

But the second that karka dies, my pet runs off and attacks the nearest mob, even if the mob is no where near aggro range.

It does not happen all the time, but the pattern starts, if I am fast enough I can recall the pet or swap it before it reaches the mob I can avoid the unwanted attack, but even then the pattern re-appears with the next mob we attack, so the only way to stop the pattern seems to be to zone or log.

The only think I can think of is that might cause something like this is that I do use the Guard util often, but I was under the impression the range was supposed to be rather short, and these pets are definitely running a good distance to attack these additional mobs.

Has anyone else experienced this and have any idea what is going on?

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

(edited by Jalad Lantana.3027)

in Ranger

Posted by: hyjaxxx.1584

hyjaxxx.1584

strange things happen with pets, Ive found that if you use the trait that takes a condition and sends it to your pet (90 sec cd) once the condition transfers to the pet. agro goes from you to the pet also.

So maybe there is a hidden agro wipe in there.

as far as pet control goes i put it on guard and use attack/come to me and it seems to help. you can also use those commands to get different angles on enemies.

now if im fighting a thief or a mesmer, i use the toggle to Ermerrgad! Kill it all mode and it sticks to the real player.

Whoajaxx the Ranger
Re-Port331,331R,DD331,Re-portV
Currently looking for wvw guild@henge

in Ranger

Posted by: PsionicDingo.2065

PsionicDingo.2065

I don’t even run with Guard and my pet will chain pull. It seems to be random. I use Swaps to keep it leashed to my side.

My psychic knife. The focused totality of my psychic powers.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

… i use the toggle to Ermerrgad! Kill it all mode and it sticks to the real player.

I am sorry I don’t follow, please explain, sounds useful. :-)

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.