Pets dying from fall damage!

in Ranger

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I don’t know if this has been reported (couldn’t find anything), but in the last month or so, I’ve had my pets die form fall damage. I don’t mean they die as they usually do during combat and recover out of combat. I mean they’re completely dead and the only way i can get them back is through switching pets.

For eg earlier today in Dry Top, I jumped down a cliff, it wasn’t a death fall for me (although i do have fall dmg reduction trait equipped, but even so i don’t think it was high enough for me to die), yet my pet fell and died.

First time this happened, was in Sparkfly Fen about a month ago and i was really surprised and actually distressed, as I have never seen that before. Now that it has happened again on a different character and with a different pet, I’m wondering if this was a change made to pets and is working as intended, or is it a bug?

Has anyone else experienced this?

in Ranger

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Yup, it has happened to me too… A few times. I dont have falling protection and most pets have more HP than me from traits – so they shouldnt die.

Something else that I have discovered when i do PvP is that when u spawn after Death, u’r pet can still suffer from conditions and low healt. Also wiered…..

Kima & Co

in Ranger

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

ooh what acoincidence happen to me while farming i not even had fall reduction in i just made a double stage jump down my pet seems to go a other way down :P

thanks was confused

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Happened on Skyhammer. Pet stayed dead….