Pets far to weak.

Pets far to weak.

in Ranger

Posted by: neochaos.2410

neochaos.2410

There really needs to be some passive damage reduction for pets, with the new climate of conditions been able to do 4k+ a tick pets are getting smoked, I wouldn’t mind so much but they’re not even been focused. This is from things like Cleave and aoe condition pressure.

And for all people wondering I am swapping my pets and using my heals, but 20 seconds is a LONG time with the burst condition and massive cleave damage for even Troll Unguent to keep up with the damage.

Primarily with my ranger I prefer pets builds, but now they seem pretty ineffective even with the passive health regen traited.

Anyone else notice this?

Pets far to weak.

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

the passive regen trait is bugged or broken, it only heals every 3s now instead of every 1s and it no longer heals the ranger. there’s also a second bug that is not giving pets the extra +10 to stats that they should be getting so even traited into bm you’re short 10 stat points to everything.

that being said the massive power/condi creep that has happened is killing our pets way too fast. passive damage reduction or, even better, a total of +560 to all stats would be nice. it would be like equipping the pet with cele.

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

Pets far to weak.

in Ranger

Posted by: neochaos.2410

neochaos.2410

Ahh thanks for clearing that up, that may explain why it felt it made hardly any difference at all. I hope they get around to fixing it soon, not very fun at the moment.

Pets far to weak.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Pets need Mistlock Instability: Playing Favorites applied to them.

Untargeted enemies take half damage.
Half damage also implies half condition damage.

Pets far to weak.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mohagi.2738

Mohagi.2738

Thats and awesome idea, and would probably be easy to implement for pets since its already ingame?

(edited by Mohagi.2738)

Pets far to weak.

in Ranger

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

i saw topic and thought you meant something else because i was going to say my pets do good damage wise. but yeah i agree with you they die way to quick around the major condition classes

master jedi david

Pets far to weak.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Thats and awesome idea, and would probably be easy to implement for pets since its already ingame?

Yeah, couldn’t be too hard and its not OP either, if you want to kill the pet, you can quite easily, its just that you cannot kill it easily with splash damage. Gold.

Pets far to weak.

in Ranger

Posted by: Petrol.9086

Petrol.9086

My pets have been dying left and right in pvp lately but i’m not to broken up about it tbh.
We’re just not as reliant on them anymore thank god, so i think it’s fine.

Pets far to weak.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

My pets have been dying left and right in pvp lately but i’m not to broken up about it tbh.
We’re just not as reliant on them anymore thank god, so i think it’s fine.

Which is a shame, since they finally gave them some decent traits.

Pets far to weak.

in Ranger

Posted by: AncientManuel.5384

AncientManuel.5384

Learn to pull pet out of aoe.

Freja Kardottir – Female Norn – Ranger – level 80
Macelt – Female Sylvari – Warrior – level 80

Pets far to weak.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Learn to pull pet out of aoe.

The problem is, when it is time to pull out, you can just never bring yourself to do it.