Pets seems to have lost all aggro tonight

in Ranger

Posted by: Xander.4539

Xander.4539

After the latest build tonight, the pet aggro seems even worse than before. There’s no longer any chance at all to stack bleeds with a Shortbow, because the mobs are all up in your face all the time, never on the pet anymore. It’s almost like the mobs don’t even register that there is a pet on them, even if the pet takes 50% of their health.

So now there’s no way i’m able to shoot from the side or behind anymore, and that also means, little or no bleeds. This feels very wrong tbh, and i’m thinking that something went wrong with the latest build.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

Seen this also.. logged in this morning and with bear pet as sample.. Sent him in for a good 5-8 seconds before I did anything and bingo, straight aggro to me.

Rinse and repeat with various pets and same thing..

This is not vs risen btw.. Moved to other zones to try it out to see if it was some code from the upcoming event dealing with risen, but same thing..

no matter the pet and zones.. Tried stuff from level 4 to 80 and saw the same results.

in Ranger

Posted by: ImagoX.4718

ImagoX.4718

Was just playing and my pets were holding agro…. sometimes. In a lvl 60-70 zone. Felt about nornal to me, but I’m noticing the higher level I get (currently 75) the more I tend to scrape agro off my pets.

in Ranger

Xander.4539

Okey, looks like it might not be the latest build that causes the problems, the problems where always there, but didn’t really kick in until I bought my first two pieces of dungeon gear.

If I take away all my gear, it’s all good, but as soon as i put my gear on, the issues comes back. Dosen’t matter if i shoot at the mobs or not, i’m just a walking aggro table.

This all sounds pretty crazy – i know – but it might have been the fact that i started to buy the dungeon gear, and now the aggro is sky high, even if im not shooting at the mob.

Edit: Come to think of it, these problems all started when I got rid of my last green item. And now I’m hearing other players ingame saying the same thing: When the ranger gear gets up to a certain lvl/quality, the ranger is automatically broken. So what i’m curious about is, have any of you forum users noticed similar things, and have anyone seen Anet mention anything about stuff like this?

(edited by Xander.4539)

in Ranger

Posted by: Glektor.2934

Glektor.2934

Wow, hadn’t even considered aggro being screwed up just from your stats/gear alone. If that’s true, that’s some really wacky game design.
I knew ranger aggro was a mess, but didn’t really know why.

I’d be interested in hearing some other classes testing this out to see if it works that way for them also.

in Ranger

Posted by: ImagoX.4718

ImagoX.4718

I haven’t purchased any dungeon gear yet but I’m JUST about to – will see if I can confirm. Sounds likely since at the same time the OP was having aggro issues (in 2 pieces of dungeon gear) I was not. Will advise…

in Ranger

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

No I don’t think it’s an armour issue, I haven’t changed anytthing and I’m getting the same problem.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Ranger

Xander.4539

The ranger i’m having so much problems with, is a lvl 80 sylvari with full exotics except for weapons. When i’m on another ranger, a lvl 60 human, there’s no problems at all, the pet hold kinda “normal” aggro, so I have to work a bit to pull aggro off of it. :o/

in Ranger

Posted by: Bladeth.8620

Bladeth.8620

Please rename to:

Guild Wars seems to have lost all Rangers tonight

in Ranger

Xander.4539

You have a point .. Now my lvl 80 sylvari ranger is running around in his old lvl 60 gear, that’s the only way im able to flank any mob long enough to get some bleeds up.

And it’s not because the lvl 80 gear makes him do so much dmg that the pet can’t hold aggro. No, it’s because as soon as I put on the lvl 80 gear, the aggro table goes off the chart, the mobs run through the pet and go for my face. And it dosen’t even matter if i’m shooting the mob or not. As soon as the pet comes anywhere near the mob, the mob comes running to my face.

Worst thing is, I don’t think Anet really understand that the ranger is broken in so many places, so all of this must seem like nothing but whining to them. But I suspect that the ranger never gets tested under the same circumstances as the average ranger plays in, so there’s no way Anet will be able to really see how broken it is.

There’s one more really weird episode that happened right around the time i got my excotics. We where about 5-10 people trying to kill Melandru, and for some odd reason he locked his aggro on me. So ofc I ended up dead within minutes. Now one would think that dying might have given me some form of aggro reset, but no, nothing of the kind for a ranger.

So i end up dead again. And again, and again, and again, and again… So i thought, you know what, I can’t let all these nice people keep ressing me like this, so I ress at a waypoint, and start the long run back.

But what do you know, as soon as im getting closer to the action again, Melandru starts going for me again. And this happened several times. There was no way AT ALL I could lose the aggro I had gained, no matter what I did. Only thing that I have found to be working, is running around in my old lvl 60 gear. How fun is that …

in Ranger

Posted by: Zen.2450

Zen.2450

I just tested this in sPvP. Yes, aggro is broken. My bear used to tank the mobs in the forest map, now they just ignore him and go strait for me.

in Ranger

Posted by: KokoroPixie.3786

KokoroPixie.3786

I thought perhaps they had broken toughness for us Rangers or something, because dungeons that I had run before easily I was now dying constantly. I see it is the aggro. If there is a attack, it will hit me first, and keep on me until I rez to a WP.

I had thought it was just something about being a Sylvari, and every monster hating them as to why I was always the target in the past – but it is because I outfitted properly in Exotics.

sighs

in Ranger

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

Its well documented that aggro follows no logic in this game. Mobs just attack whoever the heck they feel like, usually someone with really high dps gear or very tanky gear.

Maid Of The Coast

in Ranger

Xander.4539

Yea, i’ve spent hours testing different scenarios today, and the only time the aggro seems remotely fine, so that im actually able to put some bleeds on a mob, is if my character is naked and fighting a Risen Noble.

All other situations i’ve tried, with lvl 80 gear, lvl 60 gear, or even naked, sooner or later i’ve acummulated so much aggro that my pet dosen’t matter at all anymore. It’s like a permanent “Misdirect” of aggro from my pet to me, and the client isen’t able to reset the aggro either it seems.