Pets you wish were tameable

in Ranger

Posted by: Kirkkis.8270

Kirkkis.8270

I keep running into this cute little guy and it bums me out that he’s not tameable. Though obviously the same model as the wolf, his color scheme is very nice. Make this coyote charm-able! >_<

Are there any pets you see that you cannot charm but wish you could?

Attachments:

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Sort of off topic, but coyotes are quite small. They weigh less than most house dogs, like 20 pounds-ish. If you’ve ever seen one in person, many of them could pass for skinny gophers.

Anywho, I like that there are 2 different types of wolves right now. I would love to have a 3rd or 6th wolf option. Maybe a black wolf that howls a skill interrupt? I have no idea, some sort of new CC would be fun.

in Ranger

Kirkkis.8270

Hmmm, well they could be deemed a red wolf as it has the same model and that could work out. I just really like his coat.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Wurms,Fleshreavers,Calocols(hoping im spelling that right), Wind Riders, Skelks, Skales, Raptors, Moose, Minotaurs, Karka, Moose, Any of hte insects, Griffons, Moose would be nice too.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Fleshreavers

Baby fleshreavers are sewn together with spare meat their parents carve off their victims. I don’t know if caring for a juvenile fleshreaver would work out.

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

Im game for it o.O we have all these asurans running around. Might as well use em for SOMETHING >.>

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

It could start as a non combatant mini. And as we kill more and more enemies it gets a little larger till it turns into a pet

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Bats guys, bats!

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Ranger

Kirkkis.8270

Just thought of some additional ones that I wondered why they were not available at one point or another.

-Nightmare Hounds
-Rock Wolves
-“Branded” creatures

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Any pet that didn’t instantly die when I run with a guild group in WvW would be nice.

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I wouldn’t mind seeing coyote with poison&weakness shout.

No pets that are semi sentient. Skale/imps/griffons/windriders and what not.

I honestly think they need to redo some of the pets that we have already though, like the devourer, or we will end up with more pets that are inept.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Griffons and Plated Behemoths are highest on the list for me.

in Ranger

Posted by: Staffordshire.1752

Staffordshire.1752

1 word; gorillas

in Ranger

Posted by: Deep Sleep.4568

Deep Sleep.4568

YES! go-rill-as and rock dog

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

If I had to pick one and only one…it would probably be a wind rider. because the nature of wind riders would turn them into an actually unique pet in the way it fights. I can think of all sorts of places that a pet with a chain lightning auto attack (ely staff 1 i think?) with an f2 that deals confusion and an auto cast stealth mechanic when its in danger.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Bog Skale, Brackish Skale, Skale Blighter
Reef Skelk, Skelk Lurker, Alpine Skelk
Owl Griffon, Colocal, Hawkeye Griffon
Alpine Minotaur, Minotaur Bull
Luminescent Grub, Forest Grub, Jungle Grub
Eagle Raptor, Vulture Raptor, Crested Raptor
Wasp, Firefly, Mosquito
Basilisk
Dolphin

Multiple of the same creature since all of our pets are in a category of some sort. Felines, canines and porcine for example. Now we could have insects, raptors, griffon, etc. Also I wasn’t aware Colocal were griffon until I just looked it up!

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

(edited by SpellOfIniquity.1780)

in Ranger

Posted by: Haematic.4913

Haematic.4913

I really want branded-pets. Those skins are awesome.

Fort Aspenwood – Haematic, Inclina Deus
http://youtube.com/haematic4913
http://twitch.tv/haematic

in Ranger

Kirkkis.8270

Dolphin is a great one, Spell! I remember seeing it while looking for the armored fish in Lion’s Arch a long time ago and I immediately Googled if it was available as a juvenile anywhere.

in Ranger

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Dolphin is a great one, Spell! I remember seeing it while looking for the armored fish in Lion’s Arch a long time ago and I immediately Googled if it was available as a juvenile anywhere.

The closest thing we have to dolphins as pets is spirits under water. They turn in to dolphins if you haven’t used them while in under water combat before.

But yeah, I don’t see why dolphin wasn’t added. It seems more likely to have a dolphin as a pet than a shark.

in Ranger

Kirkkis.8270

The closest thing we have to dolphins as pets is spirits under water. They turn in to dolphins if you haven’t used them while in under water combat before.

But yeah, I don’t see why dolphin wasn’t added. It seems more likely to have a dolphin as a pet than a shark.

I have never used spirits underwater, I never knew that. I agree, a dolphin is much more likely than a shark haha.

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

I wouldnt mind another underwater pet if they actually released water based content. ATM though there isn’t much reason for us to get one >.< since we cant even use them outside of a very select number of pve environments (and one tiny area in the wvw borderlands)

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Don’t forget the lake by red keep in EBG. I’ve actually had 1 or 2 zerg fights in that thing. It was weird.

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

I have never used spirits underwater, I never knew that. I agree, a dolphin is much more likely than a shark haha.

You’re in for a treat then when you try the Elite spirit underwater.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Basilisk and Skelk would be nice…I have always wanted these!

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Ranger

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Basilisk and Skelk would be nice…I have always wanted these!

Skelk for me especially. Since they’re able to shadow step, I would imagine their F2 to be something like “teleport to your foe for 3 critical strikes” or something to that effect. Which would be really handy for keeping your pet on top of your target, which as we all know is a problem a lot of pets have. And maybe they could even do some shadow stepping on their own without us having to initiate it with F2, they just don’t do as much damage when it’s not controlled by us. I don’t know just spitballing but yeah, I would really love skelk as pets :P.

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

Charr

F2- Saddle

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

I want an Aaxtxe! maybe a pull f2 (black portal thingy like Enigma’s Blackhole from Dota) and maybe confusion or Direct damage.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

(edited by StickerHappy.8052)

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

I would like a Warg and a gryphon

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

AAxtxe would be cool but its so bulky it woudl almost certainly end up a tank pet.

Id really like to have a thieflike or casterlike pet. Something fast moving or something that can significantly affect an area.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

cafard.8953

A DPS Bear, maybe with drake stats. F2 “Maul Face”: “Rip opponent’s face so bad even his mama won’t recognize him”.

Seriously, how can a frigging BEAR dish out less damage than a crow?!

Olaf Oakmane [KA]

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

I wouldnt mind seeing bear get a bit lower defense in return for some attack. How bout a high power high vitality pet? Low precision and medium toughness. Kinda like an “Old Faithful” pet. One thatl survive almost anything and still deal decent damage but dont expect it to spike anytime soon.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

How bout a high power high vitality pet? Low precision and medium toughness. Kinda like an “Old Faithful” pet. One thatl survive almost anything and still deal decent damage but dont expect it to spike anytime soon.

We already have that decision with bears vs drakes or dogs. If your suggestion was implemented exactly the way you worded it, I’m not sure how those 3 pets would fit into the picture. Bears are already useless, and you’d make them even more useless.

in Ranger

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I’d like to see a Moose, Dolyak, and some Skelk as pets. Those would be awesome!! Can you imagine running around with a pet MOOSE!!!

Moose f2 would be a trample charge that knocks back enemies. Normal attacks would cause vulnerablity and have a chance to knock down.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

How bout a high power high vitality pet? Low precision and medium toughness. Kinda like an “Old Faithful” pet. One thatl survive almost anything and still deal decent damage but dont expect it to spike anytime soon.

We already have that decision with bears vs drakes or dogs. If your suggestion was implemented exactly the way you worded it, I’m not sure how those 3 pets would fit into the picture. Bears are already useless, and you’d make them even more useless.

Im not sure how theyd be “even more useless” Theyd have similar survival level against condi builds a little vulnerability against power builds and theyd deal significantly higher damage. If we increased the animation speed of the arctodus and poison bear(kitten im having a failure moment here I cant remember its name…Murfelow?) They might actually have a niche instead of the current “if you use this in any situation at any point at any time your a failure” stigma.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

I’d like to see a Moose, Dolyak, and some Skelk as pets. Those would be awesome!! Can you imagine running around with a pet MOOSE!!!

Moose f2 would be a trample charge that knocks back enemies. Normal attacks would cause vulnerablity and have a chance to knock down.

All hail the moose. Moose is love. Moose is life…and its name is strangely delicious sounding. Its f2 could be amazingly moose like as well. (The moose seriously messes up anything in its path. Men, Women, Asurans, and even the random car…you do not wanna get hit by this moose)

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Kirkkis.8270

You’re in for a treat then when you try the Elite spirit underwater.

I logged into my ranger with some excitement and curiosity regarding your comment. Only to find out I only have 27 Skill points! Just 3 short of the 30 Elite >_< so I will be getting those last three just to go into any puddle and use it lol.

On a separate note, I am also fond of some of the passive beasts that I see. Paticularly the stags. I wish we could do something with those. I use birds for my favorite build, so anything winged is always great. Some of the bird minis I see, like the Tropical Bird, would be a neat addition.

in Ranger

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Griffons.. I have wanted to tame one since day 1!!!
At least I’ve managed to get one to carry my mails for me, Always something!

Kima & Co

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Im not sure how theyd be “even more useless” Theyd have similar survival level against condi builds a little vulnerability against power builds and theyd deal significantly higher damage. If we increased the animation speed of the arctodus and poison bear(kitten im having a failure moment here I cant remember its name…Murfelow?) They might actually have a niche instead of the current “if you use this in any situation at any point at any time your a failure” stigma.

My comment was in the scenario where you implemented your pet, which is basically a drake. If you improve the bear, it obviously doesn’t get worse.

I wonder if bears could become usable if they made their F2s trigger 3 or 4x as often. A 3 second chill on a 45 second cool down with a 1 1/4 second cast time and the bear can’t move while using it; that’s complete and utter garbage. If he could roar every 12 seconds or so that might be usable.

That would also open up some condi removal options with the brownbear.

in Ranger

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Raptors (preferably Crested or Vulture), Plated Behemoths, and Tropical Birds.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Basilisks would be really cool as a new Drake-family pet. Especially if they retain their petrifying gaze attack as an F2 skill.

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Basilisks, minotaurs, krait, claw of jormag, tequatl, shatterer, charrs

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Posted by: Abrilete.1439

Abrilete.1439

Nightmare Hound for Torment.
Basilisk for Petrification.

Baruch Bay, Ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

Basilisks, minotaurs, krait, claw of jormag, tequatl, shatterer, charrs

i add griffons

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

+1 for wind rider. Actually, I’d be happy with any new ranged pet viable in PvP that has less than 8 legs.

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

+1 for wind rider. Actually, I’d be happy with any new ranged pet viable in PvP that has less than 8 legs.

Wind rider trumps that it has NO legs. Instead it has wierd tendril air fins. Much cooler than legs.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Undead chickens.

Those are so OP.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Ranger

Kirkkis.8270

I saw a pirate’s pet, a sparrow. I never seen that before and was unsure if that was a new addition, but that would be a great add.

in Ranger

cafard.8953

Undead chickens.

Those are so OP.

You can have them. I’ll take the Ebonhawke Angry Chicken.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

If I had to pick one and only one…it would probably be a wind rider. because the nature of wind riders would turn them into an actually unique pet in the way it fights. I can think of all sorts of places that a pet with a chain lightning auto attack (ely staff 1 i think?) with an f2 that deals confusion and an auto cast stealth mechanic when its in danger.

Yes, wind rider if they give it the healing mist like the jelly fish. I’m all over that. And it would be ranged? With area mists?

Give me now!

Gone to Reddit.

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

Maybe someone should snag a red post. We could start a poll for rangers.

Ghost Yak