Picking ranger?

Picking ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Naldor.7865

Naldor.7865

Well I’m not sure this is the best place to ask for this, but what I want to know is what profession should I take without a big risk of regreting this decision later…
I am enjoying for the most part Ranger, but the community seems a lil unpleased, and I worry that I may regret it…

I’m also interested on a Necro and Engineer, so I would want you guys to tell me the pros and cons of this 3 professions from your “ranger perspective”…
Also, it’s not very important to me but if you can rank them on PvE damage just so that i get a picture of it, since i already pvp’ed with them… Thank youu!

Picking ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Agadar.4931

Agadar.4931

Rangers and engineers are at the bottom of the barrel. Necromancer will easily outdamage both in both PvP and PvE.

Picking ranger?

in Ranger

Naldor.7865

You’re saying that necros > engi/ranger? always??

(edited by Naldor.7865)

Picking ranger?

in Ranger

Agadar.4931

You’re saying that necros > engi/ranger? always??

Not when the engineer/ranger is glass cannon and the necro is bunker.

In any other case, yes.

Picking ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Yazkin.6179

Yazkin.6179

i have played both ranger and necro, and started an engi. To me, Necros are very fun! But i can’t continue them until they fix minion AI and maybe make MM viable again.

Rangers are fun, i have one that looks just like Cloud Strife. They are great at evading, 2nd only to thieves. They can melee well and have amazing range ability. But, pet AI pathing needs to be fixed like the Necro.

Engis are fun. They have a technical 4-weapon kit with various skills, turrets (good for tower defense fun), and can use their utility skills at variety in terms with their slot skills! But…burst is a bit low at the moment.

Picking ranger?

in Ranger

Naldor.7865

But I wonder about the ranger’s Trap build, isn’t it overall good?

Picking ranger?

in Ranger

Agadar.4931

But I wonder about the ranger’s Trap build, isn’t it overall good?

It’s a viable build. For a ranger, that is.

Picking ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Rangers and engineers are at the bottom of the barrel. Necromancer will easily outdamage both in both PvP and PvE.

Necromancer outdamage ranger! That’s hilarious.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Picking ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Well they can… if the necro is a spite/MM build and the ranger has a 0/0/30/30/10 build and is using power gear and weapons and has their pet on passive like an idiot…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Picking ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Prism.5649

Prism.5649

Ranger is fine in PvE. There are minor things that need to be changed and of course the glaring problem of pets being incredibly squishy and next to useless in fractals needs attention, but on the whole Rangers are in a good place for PvE. You will never rival a Warrior, but then again few classes do. You are still 100% viable if you are skilled enough.

99% of the complaints you see on the forums are PvP based, wherein Rangers are noticeably behind the other classes.

Prismatic Storm: Ele
Prismatic Science: Engi
Prismatic Dream: Mesmer

Picking ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryoki Hokishami.2756

Ryoki Hokishami.2756

Yeah, seriously, what is this statement? With certain traited pets, I’m almost certain I can outdamage a necro.

Also, rangers at least have the choice of physical damage to an extent.