Piercing Arrows and obstacles?

in Ranger

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Q:

Just a quick question: does Piercing Arrows make longbow attacks go through obstacles? I was fighting a longbow ranger on foefire the other night and I hid behind the mine cart to force him to come onto the point, but for some reason he was still able to hit me!

I know it was most likely just a server desync issue (my client thought I was behind the cart, but the server thought I was a couple metres to the left or something), but just in case I thought I’d check: would Piercing Arrows allow a ranger to hit someone behind an obstacle?

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Ranger

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

A:

That mine cart is like 50% transparent when it comes to projectiles. You can’t walk through it, but you can shoot through. Yesterday I had a downed 1v1 going on and the mine cart was between us yet we were able to throw dirt/rocks at each other. And it’s not like projectiles were only going through the edge of the object but rather the middle of the cart.

(edited by witcher.3197)

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Nope. You didn’t happen to be an asura did you? All races have the same size hitbox, so you’re the size of a norn. Can’t always use your eyes when telling if you can hit something.

Also the longbow skill 5 doesn’t require line of sight.

in Ranger

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

Nope. You didn’t happen to be an asura did you? All races have the same size hitbox, so you’re the size of a norn. Can’t always use your eyes when telling if you can hit something.

Also the longbow skill 5 doesn’t require line of sight.

The problem is that when shooting at an asura, the arrow goes straight into the ground after hitting the asura…. Frustrating to say the least

in Ranger

Posted by: Bakabaka.6185

Bakabaka.6185

if you use Piercing Arrows you can also use your camera to aim and hit things in that direction rather than hit a target, that is sometime easier than searching for a mob that is lining up with another mob

in Ranger

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

That would explain it, thanks Witcher.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

That mine cart is like 50% transparent when it comes to projectiles. You can’t walk throught it, but you can shoot through. Yesterday I had a downed 1v1 going on and the mine cart was between us yet we were able to throw dirt/rocks at each other. And it’s not like projectiles were only going through the edge of the object but rather the middle of the cart.

Not actually related to the OPs question but I realized the other day your own pet will obstruct you if he’s between you and your opponent when you are both down your oppnent will still hit you however.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

That mine cart is like 50% transparent when it comes to projectiles. You can’t walk throught it, but you can shoot through. Yesterday I had a downed 1v1 going on and the mine cart was between us yet we were able to throw dirt/rocks at each other. And it’s not like projectiles were only going through the edge of the object but rather the middle of the cart.

Not actually related to the OPs question but I realized the other day your own pet will obstruct you if he’s between you and your opponent when you are both down your oppnent will still hit you however.

You’ve got that backwards. Your pet can block an enemies projectile but not your own.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Sounds like an error in level design that caused the cart to be categorized as a restrictor to movement but not an actual object for the purposes of obstructing line of sight.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

You’ve got that backwards. Your pet can block an enemies projectile but not your own.

It might be some uncommon bug, usually your pet will not stand right in between you and another downed opponent I assumed I never noticed before because of that but I am not mistaken I was spamming the attack skill and obstructed message followed every time and we where quite close to eachother on even ground so I don’t see what else it could have been.

I know it doesn’t make sense but no pet related issue surprises me anymore in this game.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

It might be some uncommon bug, usually your pet will not stand right in between you and another downed opponent I assumed I never noticed before because of that but I am not mistaken I was spamming the attack skill and obstructed message followed every time and we where quite close to eachother on even ground so I don’t see what else it could have been.

I know it doesn’t make sense but no pet related issue surprises me anymore in this game.

more likely it was just buggy terrain. I use my pet to LoS attacks all the time and have no problems shooting through it.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN