Pink Moa

Pink Moa

in Ranger

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

So is no one upset about this but me?

A couple patches ago, they nerfed Pink Moa so that instead of three 1 second dazes, it now only applies one 2 second daze.

I don’t recall seeing any threads about this and as someone who, before the change, almost exclusively used Pink Moa in WvW and PvE, this kinda kittened me off.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Pink Moa

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

It was mentioned in the patch notes thread in this sub-forum. Some mentioned it, but it’s not really looked upon since it was a revert, effect-wise.

Only inconsistency remains, because the Pink Moa went from three 1½s Dazes to one 2s Daze, while Black Moa remains with three 1s Dazes and the old default cast time.

And between the last patch and the one before it, all Rangers asked for was the Black Moa receive the same update the Pink Moa had of a reduced cast time and ½s Daze increases.

But apparently, they couldn’t even get that right. =/

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Pink Moa

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I think some ranger hater @ Anet secretly changes bits of codes to make our class weaker…

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Pink Moa

in Ranger

Posted by: AnariiUK.7409

AnariiUK.7409

The nerf to Pink Moa was understandable since 3×2s daze was extremely strong for a pet.

I don’t like how the Black Moa is currently the best pet for CC on small hitboxes though. Feels like I’m at a disadvantage if I don’t have the hall of monument points, those pets should be clones as intended.

Pink Moa

in Ranger

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

Or they could finally fix it and buff the pink moa to the same state as the black moa. But appearently thats harder to do than for the rest of the HoM pets.

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

Pink Moa

in Ranger

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Hope they adress this some time.
People shouldn’t have any advantage simply because they played the previous game. Even a tiny advantage such as this one.

Pink Moa

in Ranger

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

The nerf to Pink Moa was understandable since 3×2s daze was extremely strong for a pet.

I don’t like how the Black Moa is currently the best pet for CC on small hitboxes though. Feels like I’m at a disadvantage if I don’t have the hall of monument points, those pets should be clones as intended.

I don’t think it was too strong.

Strong, yes. Too strong, no.

Fortunately Moa’s have quick attacks so they hit their targets pretty reliably. The F2 daze however is not all that quick and requires proper management (ie. immobilizes, CC’s, etc.) to actually land. In the event that it does land, how ever strong it might be (speaking in terms of PvP), it still required proper management and therefore I believe that it was fine as it was. Because it was a rewarding skill, unlike Wolf fear howl for example which doesn’t require any proper management and is still very strong.

I would agree that the nerf was warranted if the daze was AOE but it’s not, it’s a cone. So I’m honestly still very upset about this change. It was one of my favorite pets and I no longer use it because it’s not worth taking over other pets that can provide CC.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma