Please don't use ranger in solo queue

in Ranger

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

They really are not very good anymore. Thank you.

ANET you wrecked this class. Congrats.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

I will still use my ranger in solo queue, thanks.

Ranger | Elementalist

in Ranger

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

OP, I Agree 100%.

They should be Ashamed of themselves of Dis-Hornoring their Forefathers Guild Wars Arenanet hardwork and vision.

In Memory… Godspeed Ranger

Guild War 1

You will always be

Remembered

and

Missed

Always………..

(For you were treated with Deep Love with Great Affection)

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Just because you suck at playing ranger now that you can’t use the most passive build in existence to carry you to victory doesn’t mean the rest of us became bad.

I’ve been doing just fine. Seeing as how, you know, I haven’t been using a kittening spirit build for god knows how long.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Just because you suck at playing ranger now that you can’t use the most passive build in existence to carry you to victory doesn’t mean the rest of us became bad.

I’ve been doing just fine. Seeing as how, you know, I haven’t been using a kittening spirit build for god knows how long.

Where in “ranger class is not good anymore” made you label him/her for being a “suck player”?

I don’t see it nor anybody else except you.

Lastly,

Just because you don’t use spirit build doesn’t Justify you to Parade ‘just fine’ player you are as Ranger"

In other word, as long Arena.net nerf builds that aren’t "yours’, is “fine and dandy” for you and make the players who played those builds as “suck” players.

Well,

That’s Unjustified and Bias to the Ranger community as a whole.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

+1 Durz

kitten 15letters

in Ranger

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

i dont like the whole pet system. i hope they will remove pet from class mechanism and give us it back as an utility skill.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Ranger

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

It’s a solo queue, obviously you don’t get to decide that..

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Where in “ranger class is not good anymore” made you label him/her for being a “suck player”?

Lastly,

Just because you don’t use spirit build doesn’t Justify you to Parade ‘just fine’ player you are as Ranger"

In other word, as long Arena.net nerf builds that aren’t "yours’, is “fine and dandy” for you and make the players who played those builds as “suck” players.

Well,

Uh well seeing as he’s gotta be a bad player to think rangers are bad, there’s this magical build we’ve had from the beginning known as the Trap Build that is VERY strong in this meta still and hasn’t been touched by buffs or nerfs since the game was launched.

Then there’s the Spirit ranger, who is STILL useful, you can’t just play him how you normally do, gotta be more tactical on when you use your spirits than just going “LOLOLOLO” and rolling your face on the keyboard.

And then you know, there’s still the BM bunker build which is a good BUNKER build, is it going to pump out damage? kitten no, but no bunkers really do, just drop the cats and take moas, bam you have so much survivability on your little point (where you can’t possibly be out of range of your moas heal) and have a nice cone daze (possibly two) or aoe protection, as well as AoE vigor.

Then you can also go with a roaming build (like a survival build), which is always useful because it allows you to backcap, and assist allies.

In other words, you have NO kittening idea what you’re talking about, and the spirit master build NEEDED a nerf it was so stupidly passive that i swear to god my dog would be able to play that build and do well if i turned Auto Attack on for him. The ONLY way spirits were nerfed was that you can’t have 100% uptime, other than that it was a buff.

Learn to play before you go around spouting garbage about how a profession isn’t viable in tournies.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heiltdo.2891

Heiltdo.2891

Give spirits a shorter CD and magically ranger is bad, if you want to stop playing a ranger, please do.

in Ranger

Posted by: Stice.5204

Stice.5204

The entire point of a solo queue is that you get to do what you want and are largely unaffected by the opinions or preferences of other players.

Guardian, Engineer
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast – BP

in Ranger

Posted by: Shinya.2598

Shinya.2598

I will still use my ranger in solo queue, thanks.

Amen

in Ranger

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

Zerker longbow ranger all day erreday. Or some of the day, whatever days you long on.

My only regret, is that I can’t go 5 signet.

Disclaimer: I have many other regrets, crappy pet pathing, health, and general mechanics being near the top of the list.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in Ranger

Posted by: patgotb.8356

patgotb.8356

I do just fine in spvp, average 120-180+ points per game, depending on how good the rest of my team is. 30/30/10/0/0 full zerk longbow+sword/warhorn. Mow them down as fast as you can!

in Ranger

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Ohhhh whatcha gonna say to that ?!?

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Its solo queue. Anyone who wants to take tPvP seriously shouldnt be doing it in a system that matching you randomly with teammates and opponents anyway.

Get a real team if you want to take it seriously.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: jubskie.3152

jubskie.3152

Lastly,

Well,

Uh well seeing as he’s gotta be a bad player to think rangers are bad, there’s this magical build we’ve had from the beginning known as the Trap Build that is VERY strong in this meta still and hasn’t been touched by buffs or nerfs since the game was launched.

Then there’s the Spirit ranger, who is STILL useful, you can’t just play him how you normally do, gotta be more tactical on when you use your spirits than just going “LOLOLOLO” and rolling your face on the keyboard.

And then you know, there’s still the BM bunker build which is a good BUNKER build, is it going to pump out damage? kitten no, but no bunkers really do, just drop the cats and take moas, bam you have so much survivability on your little point (where you can’t possibly be out of range of your moas heal) and have a nice cone daze (possibly two) or aoe protection, as well as AoE vigor.

Then you can also go with a roaming build (like a survival build), which is always useful because it allows you to backcap, and assist allies.

In other words, you have NO kittening idea what you’re talking about, and the spirit master build NEEDED a nerf it was so stupidly passive that i swear to god my dog would be able to play that build and do well if i turned Auto Attack on for him. The ONLY way spirits were nerfed was that you can’t have 100% uptime, other than that it was a buff.

Learn to play before you go around spouting garbage about how a profession isn’t viable in tournies.

Apply cold water to burn(fall).

Ah, I missed the ranger forum <3

Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] Desolation
Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Not to be weird, but:

Gotta love durz haha <3

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

i dont like the whole pet system. i hope they will remove pet from class mechanism and give us it back as an utility skill.

Please….god….just…dont talk. Delete pets? Realy? kitten that. You know what….even if it DOES make hte numbers for rangers better. I would stop player. I play a ranger BECAUSE I WANT a pet that isnt just some summonable i plan on blowing up anyway…god man just roll a war.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Lastly,

Well,

Good post, traps and BM are fun, power/longbow can be devastating if you can avoid getting focused (you have to play against a dumb team for that though, but its fun while it lasts!).

The only thing I would like to see changed with spirits is to reduce the cast time, which would make more sense since the new CDs were supposedly introduced to make them more of a situational/active skill. The long cast time was the downside of the way the CDs worked in the past, but now its kind of weird.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

They really are not very good anymore. Thank you.

ANET you wrecked this class. Congrats.

They are awesome and good, you just need to learn to appreciate them..

OP, you wrecked this thread. Congrats.

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Lastly,

Well,

Good post, traps and BM are fun, power/longbow can be devastating if you can avoid getting focused (you have to play against a dumb team for that though, but its fun while it lasts!).

The only thing I would like to see changed with spirits is to reduce the cast time, which would make more sense since the new CDs were supposedly introduced to make them more of a situational/active skill. The long cast time was the downside of the way the CDs worked in the past, but now its kind of weird.

Actually, power longbow works really well against good teams too because you should always be 1000-1800 away from the point sniping people, so if they’re FOCUSING you that means they surrendered that point to your team, the way I build my Longbow power build is using survival skills (so QZ, Entangle, LR, SS, and MT) because they provide the best means of escaping combat, pair those with a Sword/Dagger and they won’t be able to touch you if you don’t want them to.

It certainly works better in a structured team than solo que (where you can easily get a roamer to come snipe off the weekend enemy point guard or cap the point) but it’s good anywhere other than Hotjoin

in Ranger

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

^^

Durz for president..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

in Ranger

Posted by: patgotb.8356

patgotb.8356

I think we have determined that style is:

1) A troll
2) Bad at ranger
3) Both.