Point blank shot doesn't push back.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

The #4 ability from the Long Bow doesn’t work the same as the knock back from the warriors or mesmers, they can push back champions but the PBS (#4 from the longbow) doesn’t work with anything more powerful than a Elite.
What most of the times when fighting a champion is a problem, because they mostly fight in close distance and the ranger does not have the power or the armour to stand a chance at melee with one.

Why is that?
Shouldn’t the ranger be equivalent to the other professions?

It’s hard as it is to play with the ranger: crappy damage because of the pet doesn’t work, mild healing not good enough to keep the player alive, elite skills don’t worth a thing (actually i would love to be able to choose one of the others in the elite skill slot), elite traits that are completely crap (seriously, one elite trait to make the arrows flight faster?), medium armour is not good enough for this kind of profession with all this nerfs.

So just thinking, what the other rangers say about this?

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Try using Point Blank Shot when the champ in question doesn’t have Defiant stacks. It works better as a CC that way.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Ranger

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

Point Blank Shot pushes champions back. I just tested it with an champion troll on Gendarran Fields.
http://youtu.be/Pvvt8-PbJdA

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

in Ranger

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

And this ladies and gentlemen is why rangers have a bad reputation of not understanding defiance and using point blank shot for no reason.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Other Rangers will say that for fighting in melee you have melee weapons.
Also – if you are concerned about #4 longbow for champions, other rangers will question your team-spirit. Since… You know – community hates rangers that use Point Blank shot for this purpose.

I don’t know what else other rangers will say, but I’ll definitely say that you are mostly playing your class WRONG. Simply because you are misunderstanding Rangers for Archers.
If you find one of the meta classes being behind – than you must be doing something wrong. My opinion is that you play it wrong from the design point of view. Try changing some already acknowledged builds that community offers.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: asator.9302

asator.9302

1 hover over ur mouse u can read what defiance does
2 im guessing this was a dungeon u shouldn’’t use it anyways
3 the dps is fine srsly it always has been people just don’’t know how to play
4 rangers actually have great melee dps lol u should try it

ranger [MF] Metal Forever

The Way of The Peter

(edited by asator.9302)

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

And this ladies and gentlemen is why rangers have a bad reputation of not understanding defiance and using point blank shot for no reason.

Actually, I would say the majority of players in this game doesn’t understand defiance, so don’t come here saying this is a ranger specific issue.

Thing is, this is never thought to players in a way they can understand/remember.

Fault of the player? Sure, if you’re not the type of player reading up on wikis and such, you could argue that.
But seriously, the typical player, playing these games, don’t ever read up on these things. I would say this is a flaw in game design, more than anything.

Just by being here, reading this, means you’re not the typical, casual player type. It’s means you’re in the minority of more or less hardcore players (Without a ‘real life’ besides gaming, one could argue, but I won’t go there. Not this time).

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

The key word was reputation. Think a second about it.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fester.9328

Fester.9328

The #4 ability from the Long Bow doesn’t work the same as the knock back from the warriors or mesmers, they can push back champions but the PBS (#4 from the longbow) doesn’t work with anything more powerful than a Elite.
What most of the times when fighting a champion is a problem, because they mostly fight in close distance and the ranger does not have the power or the armour to stand a chance at melee with one.

Why is that?
Shouldn’t the ranger be equivalent to the other professions?

It’s hard as it is to play with the ranger: crappy damage because of the pet doesn’t work, mild healing not good enough to keep the player alive, elite skills don’t worth a thing (actually i would love to be able to choose one of the others in the elite skill slot), elite traits that are completely crap (seriously, one elite trait to make the arrows flight faster?), medium armour is not good enough for this kind of profession with all this nerfs.

So just thinking, what the other rangers say about this?

As far as the #4, as all the people up there, * points above * have said, defiance prevents cc and when the stacks are all gone then the CC will work, so you can watch for that. Sometimes if your trying to position a boss just a little bit, than you want to use the #4 just to help bring down the stacks so the he can be positioned.

Ranger has great melee, 1hs is one of (use to be THE, not sure if still is) best melee weapon in the game. It hits really hard! GS is also very nice for clearing bigger groups of trash mobs, especially when you cant get them all stacked up in one nice little tight spot. And the #2, pffft I have one-shot players with it, and most certainly lower level npc’s, not champions of course but it hits really hard.

As far as armor goes, if you find your having some survive-ability issues, trade out some of your bersker gear for some PVT armor, 2-3 pieces even. Until you get more comfortable with fighting in melee.

Healing spring is one of the best Group Heals in the game.

The elite, well i always find myself tied to either RaO or Entangle, but its not like any other class has more elites then we do to choose from.

Read the Wind (the elite TRAIT) is the best you can use while wielding a long bow, faster attack speed + faster projectile speed means you do more attacks faster which means you do more damage faster. Yes it is very specific to the long bow, but there are traits like this through out the entirety of the different traits.

My advice, and this took me a long time to comprehend as well, is to not think of a ranger as a ranged class, because it isn’t. Explore the melee options, and check out some guides/videos/builds they are out there and there are a lot of them.

(edited by Fester.9328)